durham moaning again (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I dont think my radio has ever been able to get it, is that the one on a random frequency?

robbieray

The good old days when teams had lifers or at least 100% settled stars. (Think George Curtis and more recently Trevor Peake) are over.
The number of loanees is not what's important. It still takes a great Manager to
a) have the influence and contacts to be able to actually get the players in
and more important
b) having the ability to turn a group of here today gone tomorrow future potentials into a real team that has the skill and heart to compete together.

Well Done that Man.

Exactly, they should think about the benefits to the player .

Covstu

I am amazed people even tune in that terrible station listened twice in my life just awful.
I travel a lot in my job so need something to rant at and talk sport fits the bill. Durham is there for shock factor, goughie usually balances him out but Quinny just agrees with him. I did actually agree with him on the stuff he was saying about England last night and then he throws these Coventry comments and starts talking about fans intelligence which he just lets himself down because of a personal vendetta after we beat Peterborough. What I don't understand is he doesn't decry a man city or Utd spending billions, that is just 'fair play' but will hammer us for playing the loan system smartly!

mechaishida

Just caught him moaning again saying we are deluded and have yet another player on loan and the mighty Micky Quinn siding with him! Not impressed with that. I've missed the whole thing so what exactly is his point? Hasn't most teams in leave 1 full of loan players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinn is a fucking joke these days, and as for Durham...perhaps he can implode messily on air and shower everyone present with his bitter, angry bowel remnants.

Moff

Durham has always been a prick, trying to keep his dwindling audience up, with shock comments and arguing ludicrous points, similar to what Jon Gaunt used to do, and just as bad.

The fact that one of his biggest gripes at the moment focuses on a 1st division team, suggests two things, one he hasnt anything better to talk about showing he is a shit presenter, but secondly we beat Peterbrough, and are doing well, which pisses him off, which is a good thing!

covcity4life

starting to annoy me though as i have uncles texting me saying cov are cheating when we really we should be admired for using budget so well imo

Ian1779

Durham has always been a prick, trying to keep his dwindling audience up, with shock comments and arguing ludicrous points, similar to what Jon Gaunt used to do, and just as bad.

The fact that one of his biggest gripes at the moment focuses on a 1st division team, suggests two things, one he hasnt anything better to talk about showing he is a shit presenter, but secondly we beat Peterbrough, and are doing well, which pisses him off, which is a good thing!

He's pissed off Arsenal are doing well so he's got nothing to talk about.

smileycov

Facebook User
Was about 6:50 I think mate. Here's the link (that I haven't sent to any mates tonight... *cough*) :pointlaugh:

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1447862400#

Cheers, just listened. You came accross well.

TBH i don't agree with the others on here i enjoy talk sport, yes some people wind me up but i think it is a decent station. Durham however just came accross as jealous, manager knowing manager means you get the best ! so what? as pointed out im sure fergie snr helped out fergie jnr. That is life, it's always been about who you know not what you know. I think we should bombard the station every monday we we've won at the weekend lol.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

So what would his alternative be to loans.

Well Armstong could ply his trade in the reserves- oh wait they no longer exist, merged into an under 21 league, with which Armstrong is too good for, but not quite there for the 1st team.

I know, he should be playing in League 1 or 2 in Newcastle 'B', along with Arsenal 'B', Man U 'B' etc. etc.
Where would Coventry or even Peterborough be then, When the Prem teams increase their 50 man squad to 100 man squads. I know this idea was turned down not so long ago, but debates like this bring these back to being a good idea for the elite Prem teams who then encourage players to join them and not local teams like Cov.
Just sour grapes.

I'm just glad we finally have a manager who dose as he says, unlike previous seasons, "I want loan players better than our current players".

henry the wasp

Adrian Durham is a professional wum. He is getting people phoning in, texting in and emailing in. His bosses can then go to the advertising bods and show them listening figures. You are keeping him in a job.
Ignore the twat. He gets far more worked up about that than anything else. He knows you are biting and that is why he does it more. It's all about the stations revenue.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just don't listen to him ...... he and his like will soon get bored if he gets no reaction

glancy89

Let him moan guys.....any publicity is good publicity - people are finally talking about Coventry City again! If loans get us out of this league to the championship where there is money then who cares....some of these loans may turn into permanents if we are lucky (Armstrong excluded of course) so carry on please Mr Durham i quite like hearing about my team on national radio!

Disgruntled Sky Blue

I like Durham. He puts a smile on my face from time to time - which is more than I got watching the City over the last few decades (apart from 87 & 99-00)! Like some have said we are now been talked about and that can only be good for our profile. I for one hope he keeps on moaning and telling the world how unfair it all is - truth is the league aren't going to change the rules this season ;o) so who cares what he spouts.

lesturd

The thing is we have no alternative but to use the loan system. There are two transfer windows. Outside of these windows we can only get players in on loan or the players that are out of contract (players that nobody want for a reason).

At the start of the season we had Armstrong and Murphy in the side. Since then we've had key injuries to first team players i.e. Maddison, Reda, Willis. We can't go out and replace these players by buying others because the window has closed. The alternative is to use the kids in the academy (who aren't ready) and face another relegation battle. Mowbray would love to buy his own players but current rules and finance means we have to use it...that's what its there for!

junglej13

The bigger issue Durham should be discussing is how Premier League Teams like Chelsea can afford to send 30 players on loan. If Premier League clubs werent allowed to have so many players on their books it might give some of the football league clubs a chance of signing some of these players.

Users who are viewing this thread