Dunn (2 Viewers)

skybluegod

Dunn wasen't great today he could have easily saved the second goal it was rolling so slowly and could have easily been stoped before it had gone over and he didn't even attempt to, for me this was the only bad desicion thorn mad in today's match.

Grendel

Dunn wasen't great today he could have easily saved the second goal it was rolling so slowly and could have easily been stoped before it had gone over and he didn't even attempt to, for me this was the only bad desicion thorn mad in today's match.

At least it will end all the nonsense Murphy out people - Dunn is not the answer by a long way - he is to coin a phrase Work in Progress

Nonleagueherewecome

He wasn't terrible, either. What he does have is the raw ingredients and the potential to become a good 'keeper. So pretty much what I thought anyway.

Waycov

I thought Dunn was at fault for the first goal. Couldn't he have come out for it? He seemed to have time to close down the space. He just stood on the line. Apart from the 2 goals, he didn't have much to do though.

skybluegod

He wasn't terrible, either. What he does have is the raw ingredients and the potential to become a good 'keeper. So pretty much what I thought anyway.

yeah i agree a loan out would help him imo this post was mainly for the people who want him to start instead of murphy

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought Dunn was at fault for the first goal. Couldn't he have come out for it? He seemed to have time to close down the space. He just stood on the line. Apart from the 2 goals, he didn't have much to do though.

I maybe thought that, but it was the kind of ball Murph rarely comes for either :confused:

skybluegod

yeah if he let in 2 goals how many could he have let in if they had more chances.

Nonleagueherewecome

yeah i agree a loan out would help him imo this post was mainly for the people who want him to start instead of murphy

Oh I agree wholeheartedly that Murphy has proven himself in the past 4 games. Just think Dunn is decent backup and a good prospect. If Thorn had been able to go on to strengthen the rest of the squad in such style this summer, as I have no doubt he had planned to..well, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Grendel

Oh I agree wholeheartedly that Murphy has proven himself in the past 4 games. Just think Dunn is decent backup and a good prospect. If Thorn had been able to go on to strengthen the rest of the squad in such style this summer, as I have no doubt he had planned to..well, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I agree as a back up with the funds we have he is OK I just do not think he is anywhere near a keeper who can be a first choice at this level.

cov8791

Yes and if AT had managed the "Quirke" situation better,as he had proved to be a better "Keeper" than Dunn then the goalkeeping situation would be in a better place!
Another major cock up!!

pusbccfc

I told everyone, about 10 times, that he's well below average, for keepers at this level.

WillieStanley

The second goal esd exactly the kind he was getting hounded for in the Northampton press. He's got to shape up if he wants to make it at this level. I knew we'd regret releasing Dimi

Nonleagueherewecome

Quirke is such a great 'keeper that he is now playing for...nobody. I think that says it all. And I'm still amazed that Dunn is getting quite so much stick, but golden boy Keogh gets none. And Dimi was terrible.

Gaz

Dunn is an ok backup keeper who is more one for the future than being a serious first team contender.

I think we should have faith in Thorn & Oggys judgement on Quirke, after all they got to see him almost daily
Where we only seen a few performances.

A good point to this would be that some fans were calling for Dunn to take the number one shirt from Murphy based on the few appearances he had made, but then yesterday would show he isn't quite ready just yet for a first team slot.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Quirke is such a great 'keeper that he is now playing for...nobody. I think that says it all. And I'm still amazed that Dunn is getting quite so much stick, but golden boy Keogh gets none. And Dimi was terrible.

Why should we be giving Keough stick? Ok he wasnt his best yesterday but hes entitled to have a blip once in a while. Considering the amount of games hes played, hes been outstanding in the majority (more so this season imo)

WillieStanley

Dimi, whilst I agree, wasn't outstanding, but whenever Westwood was out, he stepped up to the plate and would have certainly done a better job with the second goal IMHO.
I think the issue with Quirke is height. He proved himself to be a decent keeper when thrown in, but he is tiny!

skybluegod

the second goal could have easily been stopped not just the intial shot but when it was rolling he should have eaisly got to it.

Sterling Archer

Keogh has been our best player this season and I'm not too sure why he is being dragged into this goalkeeping discussion. I also say this as someone who thought he was distinctly average last season and hadn't jumped on the pro Keogh bandwagon.

Also Quirke really isn't as great as made out, there's a reason he hasn't got another club.

Would love to see Ireland get a game instead of Dunn yesterday, heard good things about him.

cov8791

Nonleagueherewecome;Quirke is such a great 'keeper that he is now playing for...nobody. I think that says it all. And I'm still amazed that Dunn is getting quite so much stick, but golden boy Keogh gets none. And Dimi was terrible

Quirke played on 4 ocassions and on 2 of those games he was up for man of the match and was not on the losing side!
Dunne is 25 years of age,Quirke was 20 at the time and home grown.
Why sign a keeper of Dunns ability when even Northampton's supporters were saying he was very average at best!
Keogh has been playing really well and consistent for a long period,so why slay him off?
Do you not rate "golden boy" Keogh then?

Nick

Administrator
Keogh has been our best player this season and I'm not too sure why he is being dragged into this goalkeeping discussion. I also say this as someone who thought he was distinctly average last season and hadn't jumped on the pro Keogh bandwagon.

Also Quirke really isn't as great as made out, there's a reason he hasn't got another club.

Would love to see Ireland get a game instead of Dunn yesterday, heard good things about him.

I remember him coming on last season to get injured with his first kick! Sick note!

stupot07

Nonleagueherewecome;Quirke is such a great 'keeper that he is now playing for...nobody. I think that says it all. And I'm still amazed that Dunn is getting quite so much stick, but golden boy Keogh gets none. And Dimi was terrible

Quirke played on 4 ocassions and on 2 of those games he was up for man of the match and was not on the losing side!
Dunne is 25 years of age,Quirke was 20 at the time and home grown.
Why sign a keeper of Dunns ability when even Northampton's supporters were saying he was very average at best!
Keogh has been playing really well and consistent for a long period,so why slay him off?
Do you not rate "golden boy" Keogh then?

Dunn is 24 and only 23 when we signed him.

Grendel

Dunn is 24 and only 23 when we signed him.

He is also an adequate reserve that can be worked on. Quirke must be far better he has been on the dole for a year.

PVA

Just seen the goals again... atrocious from Dunn, particularly the second. Can't believe people were calling for him to replace Murphy!

Kuklinski

Can we name the jokers calling for Dunn to replace Murphy? That way we can put them on the ignore list cuz they obviously know nothing about football.

J

Jack Griffin

Can we name the jokers calling for Dunn to replace Murphy? That way we can put them on the ignore list cuz they obviously know nothing about football.

Can we do a list of posters who cry "give the academy lads a go" too?

Users who are viewing this thread