Dunn deal done (1 Viewer)

ntfc01

Hi im a Northampton fan and thought id give u a heads up on wot u have signed...

I know that some of u have been looking on our fans forum and noticed that there are some very uncomplimentary posts regarding Chris Dunn.

He is a good keeper with huge potential, he does have his faults but is only young for a goalkeeper, he did make a few mistakes last season and in my opinion he would have been taken out the side if we had a decent 2nd choice keeper, but as we didnt he had to stay in the side so every time he played the pressure kept building on him, and as we werent doing to well i seriously think it got to him.

So all i can say is give him a chance cuz i think u have got a good un there

ericagradus

I live in northampton and have seen the guy play a couple of times. the general concensus from Cobblers fans is that they are glad he has gone as he was not consistent enough, nor could he command his box.

As a reserve Keeper for Murphy - I would be very happy. As our first time keeper. I would be worried.

CovisGod

To be honest even if he turns out to be rubbish this is still a good signing for the fact that we've actually signed someone and tied them down for a few years, hopefully this will set the ball rolling and be a sign of things to come

Welcome Dunn :claping hands:

ajsccfc

As soon as a player shows a hint of leaving a club, he instantly becomes much worse and replaceable and he was never really that good anyway and it's good he's gone as he was the worst player ever.

I'd usually agree with you as most fans are like this, but this isn't one of those cases mate. There is a 54 page thread on Chris Dunn on our message board going back way before your interest came to light.

however in this instance we've wanted rid of Dunn for quite some while....he's average at best for our level, let alone your level! If he's your number 1 then i'd bet you get relegated...however...

He could be a decent keeper eventually, good size and frame, decent shot stopper. His kicking is terrible and his command of his box is non existent.

He may not be the finished article, but lets give Oggy some time to work his magic. Could prove to be a gem!

Deffo worth working with, possible one for the future certainly.

Hope you sign Murphy as No 1 though.

Good luck for the new season guys, you're better off without that bellend Marlon King.

Last edited:

rob9872

Deffo worth working with, possible one for the future certainly.

Hope you sign Murphy as No 1 though.

Good luck for the new season guys, your better off without that bellend Marlon King.

Off the pitch perhaps, but on it I'm not so sure :(

Users who are viewing this thread