Dunn advocates (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

But...but.....he made a great save vs Derby! :p

:(

Not sure he's totally to blame. We got sucker-punched by a very decent Crewe team. I was worried before the game that people were focusing wayyyyy too much on the attendance and not enough on the opposition.

ccfcway

just need to pick you up on the "very decent crewe team"

this the one below us in the league ?

this the one whos main striker is on international duty ?

pusbccfc

Could bring back 25 comments on here telling why he isn't good enough.
Sadly no one listens.

Anyone at the pre-season friendlies will agree. Plus anyone at the fa cup game a few years back.

lordsummerisle

just need to pick you up on the "very decent crewe team"

this the one below us in the league ?

this the one whos main striker is on international duty ?

Only 4 points below us, with a couple of games in hand.

Lack of finishing cost us again really, they were just far more clinical than us.

cmoncity

dunn not good enough end of story.im sorry but edj has gota toughen up.to soft as a centre back i see he has class hed just to soft.its left this city fan heartbroken that result they wont get another attendance like that

covcity4life

i noted to my mate dunn let every shot in on practice,little did i kno he njust as shit in a game

if murphys out for weeks kiss goodbye playoffs

cmoncity

wudnt say edj is a liability he has class hes just soft as shit which you cant have in english lower league football . woody aint blameless to be fair

rupert_bear

Stop looking for a scapegoat, Dunne noway to blame for first 2 goals and although he may have done better for the third the Crewe player was allowed all the time in the world to shoot. Our problem is so obvious, we are too slow at the back and up front. If i was playing Cov i would just run at ourcentre backs, both slow and both very left footed putting us out of balance and dropping our right back in the shite. Still think we will make play-offs though.

Last edited:

Stevec189

The 3rd one definitely and maybe the 2nd

I agree. Also it was obvious that the back four had little faith in him prior to the goal. I thought the first one was at a good height for a keeper to save but it was a good finish so might let him off that one but the second and third I would expect a save from. Worried in Murphy out for Satirday.

motherfunky

Not really dunns fault, they play as a team and lose as a team, just need to get stuck in abit when attackers run at us. Just a freak result, any other day we would have battered them. Half time

Faz

Why is Dunn getting all the blame? If the defence didn't have the mobility of the Ricoh stewards, he shouldn't have had to make a save in the first place. Striker's fault for not scoring, defender's fault for not defending and Dunn's fault for being the last resort. More than one person was at fault for those goals and anyone who seems to think it was only Dunn knows as much about football as the plastic fans do

Mucca Mad Boys

wudnt say edj is a liability he has class hes just soft as shit which you cant have in english lower league football . woody aint blameless to be fair

So he's a liability because he's too soft.

Teams exploit that softness.

He's shit, I've had enough.

Jackoskyblue

I admit it I was a Dunn "advocate" purely because I didn't like murphys attitude at times. Today I said you know what I'm started to love Murphy, half time he goes off, I jinxed it I know sorry lads

skyblu3sk

When he came on at half time for some reason there seemed to be a change across the team a lot more nerves or something was trying to put my finger on it at the game but nerves is the best I can come up with. Wasn't too impressed didn't really see him make a save.

JulianDarbyFTW

Unfortunately I had to sit in block 9, sadly surrounded by idiots including the one lad who got arrested and nearby to the 'supporter' that ran on the pitch, but as it was right behind the goal I can tell you that Dunn was at fault for goals 2 and 3. The caveat to that is that their players should never have been given the chance to get a shot off in the first place.

cmoncity

fair point but last few weeks ive been reading on here that edj has been awesome.maybe just needs a rest maybe time for malaga to be given a crack

KersleyDigs

Cameron needs to come back into the XI

If Murphy is out for a few weeks we will need to bring a loanee in for Dunn or it's bye bye play offs.

My mate is a Northampton fan and he said everyone was pissing themselves when we signed him. Thought it was a wind up and told me how dodgy he was.........

When he came on at half time for some reason there seemed to be a change across the team a lot more nerves or something was trying to put my finger on it at the game but nerves is the best I can come up with. Wasn't too impressed didn't really see him make a save.

If you were still there towards the end of the game he made a very good save by tipping over the bar a pretty fierce shot which could well have led to a 4th goal but apart from the three goals he had very little to do. Worrying times ahead though I feel if Murphy doesn't make a quick recovery.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We need to bring someone in if Murphy is injured

Think we could see 1 or 2 loans come in pretty quickly after Thursday to give the team a boost after tonight

georgehudson

back four v.poor to the counter attack,
bailey, inmho, should have started,
& elliott did nowt other than run hard,
needed a bit more craft

hill83

Simple evaluation.
We looked shakey without Murphy.

I'd genuinely stick a bet on Murphy saving the first and last, if not all three.

So without being smug, the people saying Dunn needs a chance based on one performance, are up there with the people saying he is shit based on tonight.

But regardless. Murphy had kept us in 50% of our games this season, and tonight proved that.

Users who are viewing this thread