Duggins (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Different scenario to what the Gidney email was trying to achieve though wasnt it? He wanted ACL to acquire Wasps. She wanted to sell the stadium to wasps

Nick

Administrator
Different scenario to what the Gidney email was trying to achieve though wasnt it? He wanted ACL to acquire Wasps. She wanted to sell the stadium to wasps

Where does Richardson come into it then? We know he was discussing it at the same time as those Gidney emails.

People seem very keen to make out that it is just a massive coincidence about Wasps being spoken to then and then them actually moving.

Shame PWKH and his aliases fucked off when his PR job was done else he would surely have told us.

chiefdave

I find it very hard to believe the two aren't related. `Are we supposed to believe that ACL, without the knowledge of CCC, were talking to Wasps about buying them while at the same time Wasps future owner was talking to CRFC about moving a team to the Ricoh neither of which had anything to do with Wasps ending up at the Ricoh?

Did they later just randomly decide to buy the Ricoh or did they make approaches about every football stadium in the country on the off chance someone would sell it to them?

Nick

Administrator
I find it very hard to believe the two aren't related. `Are we supposed to believe that ACL, without the knowledge of CCC, were talking to Wasps about buying them while at the same time Wasps future owner was talking to CRFC about moving a team to the Ricoh neither of which had anything to do with Wasps ending up at the Ricoh?

Did they later just randomly decide to buy the Ricoh or did they make approaches about every football stadium in the country on the off chance someone would sell it to them?

Just coincidence.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You can assume what you like. But for the moment thats all it is assumptions, i dont know and neither do you, we can only guess. There may well be a link brought about by the Gidney email but doesn't the possible link go before even that when wasps played a cup match at the Ricoh? Clearly both sides were receptive to the idea of combining in some for or other over a period of time and involving different characters

The Gidney email 12/03/2012 refers to Steve Hayes as owner. Richardson didnt acquire Wasps until 10/04/2013

But i didn't post the timeline to focus on a particular email. It was posted to highlight the discrepancies or selective approach in the statements from both CCC & SISU

Nick

Administrator
You can assume what you like. But for the moment thats all it is assumptions, i dont know and neither do you, we can only guess. There may well be a link brought about by the Gidney email but doesn't the possible link go before even that when wasps played a cup match at the Ricoh?

The Gidney email 12/03/2012 refers to Steve Hayes as owner. Richardson didnt acquire Wasps until 10/04/2013

But i didn't post the timeline to focus on a particular email. It was posted to highlight the discrepancies or selective approach in the statements from both CCC & SISU

It would be very naive to dismiss it straight off wouldn't it?

Yes, Richardson didn't even own them but was talking to people about Wasps moving and trying to get some interest going. Where does he come into it?

Nick

Administrator
Yet in 2012 Richardson was talking to Rossborough about Wasps merging with CRFC and moving to the Ricoh.

Just coincidence, nothing to see.

Makes it even stranger that somebody who doesn't even own the club at that point was talking about it.

Probably the same as when Haskell was paraded as the new CCFC owner.

Grendel

Yet in 2012 Richardson was talking to Rossborough about Wasps merging with CRFC and moving to the Ricoh.

I think it was some bizarre merger with Bedford and CRFC to create a team to play there

For some reason the council seemed in awe of Gidney and believed his nonsense that the Ricoh would become the venue of choice in the midlands for concerts, tennis, show jumping and they wanted a flag ship sports team at the centre of it

Rugby was considered an increasing presence in terms of prestige and ultimately they all I assume decided wasps ticked the boxes

He had no interest in the football club at all and you can see why they became an obstacle to the plans he cooked up and the council indulged his fantasy

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think it was some bizarre merger with Bedford and CRFC to create a team to play there

For some reason the council seemed in awe of Gidney and believed his nonsense that the Ricoh would become the venue of choice in the midlands for concerts, tennis, show jumping and they wanted a flag ship sports team at the centre of it

Rugby was considered an increasing presence in terms of prestige and ultimately they all I assume decided wasps ticked the boxes

He had no interest in the football club at all and you can see why they became an obstacle to the plans he cooked up and the council indulged his fantasy
The owners at the time of CRC wanted to buy Bedford and then transfer their league status to cov

Nick

Administrator

The same as his "This is what it was made for" comments about a Wasps match....

fernandopartridge

Quite funny how they (labour council) were in awe of him. There was a interview with him in the programme once where he was asked who he'd most like to go for dinner with. His answer was Margaret Thatcher.

Nick

Administrator
How can the council speak on behalf of Wasps in saying that a deal would be agreed if the EU complaint hadn't been put in?

Unless they are in fact one in the same?
They have always said they aren't involved and have no say over negotiations between two private companies.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence rather than them contradicting.

shepardo01

How can the council speak on behalf of Wasps in saying that a deal would be agreed if the EU complaint hadn't been put in?
It's obvious isn't it... been obvious for a long time... but people just don't see it. Or choose to distract from it....This is another thing the media should be questioning....
Unless they are in fact one in the same

JulianDarbyFTW

View attachment 12446 Duggins has even got the Church of England on his payroll too by the looks of things

The fans aren't kowtowing. They're just asking questions of other parties. Why is there this constant, pathetic attempt to paint fans as being in SISUs corner. Dont the countless protests over the past however many years show that we're only on the club's side? It's a ridiculous PR campaign they're playing this time round. Amateurish, childish and, quite frankly, fucking annoying.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The fans aren't kowtowing. They're just asking questions of other parties. Why is there this constant, pathetic attempt to paint fans as being in SISUs corner. Dont the countless protests over the past however many years show that we're only on the club's side? It's a ridiculous PR campaign they're playing this time round. Amateurish, childish and, quite frankly, fucking annoying.
Surely it’s about time the council etc realise - we don’t like anyone.. from Sisu to the council, from Wasps to Lee Burge, we’re the most loathing fan base going

Warwickhunt

Surely it’s about time the council etc realise - we don’t like anyone.. from Sisu to the council, from Wasps to Lee Burge, we’re the most loathing fan base going
We have every right to be! CCFC fans have been the victims in all of this and Cretins like Duggins fail to see that and are self serving their own needs rather than that of Coventry citizens who pay for their highly paid jobs. The only thing that CCFC fans have done wrong is stay loyal to their team in all of this debacle.

Nick

Administrator
It's a bit random because when you look through he doesn't really have a clue about anything that's gone on.

jordan210

I’m yet to see any of the clown accounts actually talk about football or positives of the up coming season.

Tells you everything you need to know.

SBAndy

Strangely seems to be another one who didn’t react one bit to our playoff success last season. Truly bizarre and yet oh so predictable.

robbiethemole

Doesn't the deacon realise the leader of the opposition was part of the unanimous decision by the council to sell to Wasps??

He wont rock the boat to question Duggins cos he's too busy covering his own arse!! I wish these twats with no idea what went on, would keep their snide remarks to themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread