Duggins (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Gilbert has just put up a football tweet, trying to make out he's a supporter because he's coming under pressure. There are jelly fish less transparent than that clown.

Would be interesting to get him and Reid to compare how many games they go to.

Sky Blue Pete

Duggins harps on about the unanimous agreement of 54 councillors from all sides was a good thing and proves they were right, but to me it does just the opposite.
It smells of collusion and cover-up.
I'd argue the best way to cover up corruption is to get absolutely everyone involved. It worked (still works?...) at FIFA for years...
That’s interesting. At church we seek unanimity on important decisions for very good reasons

Nick

Administrator

Was anybody expecting a response at all?

I cant remember seeing anybody say "It will be interesting to see what CCFC or SISU say in reply" like they have previously.

clint van damme

I cant remember seeing anybody say "It will be interesting to see what CCFC or SISU say in reply" like they have previously.

I would rather they didn't, we'll all be going round in circles forever.
If there is any truth in what Tyrone Scope put out I'd rather everyone stopped all the PR and media bollocks and concentrated their efforts in getting us back in Cov for the start of the season. .

SBAndy

Especially if you consider the point at which they suddenly became unanimous was a meeting Wasps were at but the public banned, and of which no record was kept. Prior to that it was being reported as being very much split.

More information on this meeting please...

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
That’s interesting. At church we seek unanimity on important decisions for very good reasons
Well yes, but a) I suspect the church members aren't traditionally on opposing sides and b) the important decisions aren't potentially controversial ones like selling the cities football club's ground to a rugby club based in London or hosting a WC in Qater...

Nick

Administrator
Is that racist steve who comes on here has a hissy fit when you're able to use more than 280 characters to make a point that disproves him and flounces?

I don't know but they seem quite worked up at the thought that nobody was taking Duggins seriously yesterday.

joemercersaces

Bryan Richardson, in his recent series of interviews, suggested that the deal with Tesco included the club benefitting from the rents paid by other retailers at Arena Park, to the tune of £1.6 million a year. He also spoke about McGuigan from the Council trying to hijack credit for the “regeneration,” something Duggins is continuing. It is suggested that after Richardson was ousted, and the club struggled to finalise the project, that rather than financially helping on a short term basis, the council exploited the club’s distress and capitalised on the opportunities that the club had planned for, presumably including the rental income. On top of that was the grossly unrealistic rent charged to the club, and on top of that the sale of the stadium and a 250 year lease on highly attractive terms to a London rugby club. Whichever way you look at it Sky Blues fans should be singing “f*** the council” for a long time to come.

chiefdave

I would rather they didn't, we'll all be going round in circles forever.
If there is any truth in what Tyrone Scope put out I'd rather everyone stopped all the PR and media bollocks and concentrated their efforts in getting us back in Cov for the start of the season. .
Agreed, why the need for Gilbert to try and whip things up. Has he not learnt from the whole 'the talks are off' fiasco?

And why is this always a one way thing. SISU / CCFC can put out very specific things with emails etc as evidence and the council or Wasps don't get queried but vague ramblings from Duggins and he's after everyone to comment.

chiefdave

More information on this meeting please...
Not much more to add as it was all secret!

It was the meeting they voted to sell to Wasps at. Public weren't allowed in, and if I remember correctly the meeting was moved to avoid any protests, no minutes taken, no notes of any sort. Wasps were allowed to speak to the council but no other impacted parties such as CCFC or CRFC got a say.

Going in to the meeting the likes of CWR and the Telegraph were reporting it would be a very close vote. By the time everyone came out of the meeting it was unanimous.

That has never sat well with me. What was there to hide?

Esoterica

Well if they do, and as has become the norm recently, I expect it will contain a lot more specifics and supporting evidence than anything the council or wasps have released over the last few weeks.
Although it's also the same kind of clickbaity hook he likes to dangle out to keep the focus on him so equally wouldn't be surprised if there was no response

Nick

Administrator
Sisu have made a statement and attached things as well. Can't see the attachments though.

Nick

Administrator
Ha its the one about all out media war and have they spoken to Richard keys yet.

Interesting they say about finding out from the efl about possibilities of a move, guess that's where the trust come in handy.

Interesting it says they will look after Chris and Martin. That certainly happened

usskyblue

Duggins appears to only have the attention of entrenched SISU haters.... because seemingly, like his, their memory is selective and attention span, woefully short.

chiefdave

Brief and to the point but you can't really argue with the contents. Shame its down to SISU to call Duggins out on his BS when the media should be doing that job.

Liquid Gold

Brief and to the point but you can't really argue with the contents. Shame its down to SISU to call Duggins out on his BS when the media should be doing that job.
Yep, will make it nowhere near the telegraph. People with only a passing interest have been woefully let down by local media.

Liquid Gold

Strangely Simon has only put out the link the the club statement and his own article but ignored the council internal email.

rob9872

Think I've triggered dear old Simon a little this afternoon too :)

Moff

Touched a nerve saying nobody took Duggins seriously! ha

Just had a look at the stuff on twitter. What a bunch of deluded twats. SteveB seems to see himself as a real keyboard warrior. Laughable...like Gilbert.

Users who are viewing this thread