Due Diligence (1 Viewer)

gally9

Could anyone explain what this actually means and how much longer we have to wait?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This might help ...... it is from a website i found - Charles Mills Consulting - I know nothing about them but the definition and explanation seemed useful. Doesnt matter that it refers to selling a software business the general principles are the same whatever the business

http://www.charlesmillsconsulting.com/due-diligence-definition.htm

"making sure you get what you think you are paying for" in general terms but the last paragraph is useful.... the seller completing due diligence too

can take weeks to do and I think we were advised by the Charity that it would take 4 to 6 weeks ..... so a few more weeks yet

hope that helps

skyblueman

The process of 'Due Diligence' is usually what a buyer does when they are buying a company so they can be sure as possible of what they are actually buying - sorry if I'm being thick here but is somebody looking to buy something here?

kingharvest

Don't forget that SISU got their hands burnt when they bought the club by not doing enough due diligence, so I wouldn't expect them to make the same mistake again.

Also, Lawyers are involved, and if you've ever bought a house you'll know how long they take to do what seems like the most simple thing.

gally9

This might help ...... it is from a website i found - Charles Mills Consulting - I know nothing about them but the definition and explanation seemed useful. Doesnt matter that it refers to selling a software business the general principles are the same whatever the business

http://www.charlesmillsconsulting.com/due-diligence-definition.htm

"making sure you get what you think you are paying for" in general terms but the last paragraph is useful.... the seller completing due diligence too

can take weeks to do and I think we were advised by the Charity that it would take 4 to 6 weeks ..... so a few more weeks yet

hope that helps

Thanks everyone.. That does help!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
SISU/CCFC and The Charity are undergoing due diligence over the purchase of the charity shares in ACL.

cloughie

Sisu also have to comply with the higgs and councils conditions of sale, which is highly unlikely

SkyBlueScottie

I personally believe the period of due diligence was announced purely to try and keep dissenting voices quiet while other teams begin to build next seasons squads, come the start of the season our lack of incoming tfer activity will be blamed on the failed bid to purchase a stake in the stadium.

theprince

SISU can due dilligence all they like, there's not a cat in hells chance of them getting a bit of the Arena, part of the deal has to be to re-generate that area and as councillor Mutton has said "show us your money"

Wrenstreetcarpark

SISU can due dilligence all they like, there's not a cat in hells chance of them getting a bit of the Arena, part of the deal has to be to re-generate that area and as councillor Mutton has said "show us your money"

Of course you know this, just as you knew that the chinese were coming: "In Hoffman I trust"
or
is
this
just
another opinion dressed up as fact?

InterSkyBlues

Due diligence = assessing liability. Normally used when buying or taking over someone elses activities and assets. DD helps you to understand what risks and issues you might be taking on through a thorough digging up of financial, structural, personnel records etc. to fully understand a business. If was DD'ing the Sky Blues I wouldn't even know where to start, but clearly they have no major physcial assets anymore which makes the job easier (sadly).

DD also allows you to accurately price what you are buying by taking these liabilities into account and by also investigating the value/books of the company

mark82

Due diligence = assessing liability. Normally used when buying or taking over someone elses activities and assets. DD helps you to understand what risks and issues you might be taking on through a thorough digging up of financial, structural, personnel records etc. to fully understand a business. If was DD'ing the Sky Blues I wouldn't even know where to start, but clearly they have no major physcial assets anymore which makes the job easier (sadly).

DD also allows you to accurately price what you are buying by taking these liabilities into account and by also investigating the value/books of the company

Due diligence is on the stadium deal I assume rather than any takeover.

BurbageSkyBlues

I would also imagine that due dilligence is served on Sisu's ability to fund any required development of the arena and associated land?

InterSkyBlues

I would also imagine that due dilligence is served on Sisu's ability to fund any required development of the arena and associated land?

Exactly - you can DD the ability of someone to be able to afford what you are selling. Conversely, when buying land and infrastructure there are associated liabilities with contamination (ie gas works), flooding etc that may or may not need to be taken into consideration

Tonylinc

There are so many Why's here:-
why in God's name did they buy us in the first place.
why did they not inject some cash to keep us in the Championship
why are they now trying to get their gruppy littl hands on some part of the stadium.
why don't they just f..k off.

gally9

So am i right in saying that if were in the middle of due dilligence some sort of deal has already been struck with the higgs charity?

Chipfat

Due diligence must be being undertaken this is why its gone all quiet on any meetings and any updates for any of the concerned partiies. It wouldnt shock me if SISU have struck a deal with the trust, but they know if the council dont see it as being beneficial to the club or the surrounding area they can veto any deal..

Also would be great to find out if Mutton had any meetings plan with the hoff and his people!!!! someone should Email him and get an update as he did say fans should be kept in th eloop

Users who are viewing this thread