Dublin: Premier League on the horizon for Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Dublin: Premier League on the horizon for Sky Blues

DIONDUBLIN1_c1199773_10128_675.jpg
Buy photos

08 December, 06.09PM

FORMER Coventry City striker Dion Dublin believes his old club has turned a corner and stand on the brink of a return to the Premier League.

Dublin had a successful four-and-a-half-year spell with the Sky Blues where he firmly established himself as one of the best strikers in the Premier League, making 145 appearances for the club and scoring 61 goals.

The much travelled striker, who was capped four times by England while at Coventry, has watched the Sky Blues in action this season and believes Aidy Boothroyd's team has what it takes to end nearly a decade out of the top flight of English football.

Speaking to The Observer, Dublin said: "The Championship is such a tight league, especially this season, but Coventry seem to have turned a corner after a slight wobble in recent years.

"I predicted Coventry would do well at the start of the season. I have been to a few games at the Ricoh Arena this season and they are starting to do well. They have good support and it's a great place for football.

"Boothroyd has had an impact - the manager always does - as too has Steve Harrison, who I know very well, so you never know, but as I said it's a difficult league."

The 41-year-old returned to the city last Wednesday, launching a 'keep uppy' challenge with fans as part of the npower Football League Road Show.

"It was nice to be back," Dublin added. "I noticed lots of young people walking around the city centre wearing Coventry shirts, which is great - many of them won't remember me but it's good to see."

http://www.coventryobserver.co.uk/ccfc-sportstory-30812.html

Coventry La La La

Dion, Dion Dion!

Even if he is a Leicester supporter that also played for Villa he always has nice things to say about Coventry... And is always a descent pundit when hes on Television... long live King Dion

tippex9

"slight wobble"???? geez, if we have a major one i'm quitting football for good!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread