Dry January (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Haven't done dry Jan but have cut back a fair bit, no or certainly very seldom week night drinking and cut the volume at weekends. Not that I was boozing to hangover levels often in any case. Sleeping better for it nevertheless.

skyblue1991

I'm going to see dry January out but don't think I'll do it again unless for some unbeknown reason my drinking goes out of control.

Christmas aside I didn't drink too much anyway (a couple during a week, a few on Friday and a few on Saturday) and other than waking up on a Sat and Sun without the minor fuzzy feeling that even a couple of beers gives you I've not noticed a difference.

Definitely worth giving it a go if you feel you are drinking too much. I'm sure if I drank every night I would notice a change.

Roll on a couple of cans Monday night!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Was everyone that did Dry Jan too pissed to post yest?!...
Managed to do Dry Jan for the first time ever this year. Blasted out minimum of 5k every day, gave up caffeine crisps and chocolate as well. Still going strong, going to try and see if I can get to the weekend before having my first beer. Definitely feel better for it physically, had hoped it would make me feel better mentally but doesn't appear to have done a whole lot to be honest. It's also shown me what a creature of habit humans are. Not having a few beers a couple of nights a week seemed very odd before, now having a beer feels pretty odd. And although I have always been a fairly keen runner, getting a 5km in every day now seems like something I will try and maintain. Not drinking has probably helped with the motivation there too

slyblue57

I completed it too. Apart from a couple of match days and a nice meal it was nt too bad to be honest.
Can nt say I feel any better for it. Done alot more walking as well.
Had a single beer last nite and will be having a couple tonite whilst watching the game.
Overall glad I did it, shows the willpower is still there.
Pusb

hill83

Good for him, how is he feeling?

He was nervous about going in. General anxiety about something new, but from all accounts he’s in a really good place so I’m sure he’ll be fine.

This is all off his own back so it’s something he knows he needs to do. I didn’t have him down as even making it as far as getting in there, but he’s been tested every week and hasn’t had a drop.

Brylowes

I was bought up in pubs and around drink and always enjoyed the social side of life, took my own pub on 16 years ago and revel in the lifestyle, I would have to admit that during that time there haven’t been that many days in the week when I havent taken a drink in some proportion ‘even if just a couple of half’s to be sociable.
But much like last years spells in lockdown I’ve hardly touched a drop, we shut up shop on Christmas Eve and other than the traditional tot of Irish in my Christmas morning coffee I’ve not had a drop since ‘or even remotely felt like one.
So despite all the worry and uncertainty the pandemic has undoubtedly caused me, ( I still honestly have no idea whether we will emerge with our business in tact ) it has probably given my poor old Liver a chance to replenish itself, gather its thoughts and prepare for battle once more...........hopefully in the not to distant futrue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread