Dry January (2 Viewers)

skyblue1991

With a combination of pubs shutting, stressful work periods and Cov playing every few days in December, I have noticed a tenancy to casually go to the fridge for a few cans more than I have ever done. So thought I would give dry January a go this year to see if it makes much of a difference.

Anyone taking part?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

Nah , won’t bother during the week though

Sick Boy

Been drinking a lot more over the last few months, so planning on doing it for at least a couple of months.

hill83

I ordered 48 cans of Brewdog last week and order receipt said 24 cans so I raised a query with them.
Cans turn up. 48 of them.
Got an email the next day apologising for them only sending me 24 cans and as an apology they will re-order my entire order.
48 cans turned up the next day for free. The order receipt said 24 cans. I was tempted to raise a query with them again but left it.

So I've got to get through those otherwise I'd stop for a bit.

fernandopartridge

I ordered 48 cans of Brewdog last week and order receipt said 24 cans so I raised a query with them.
Got an email the next day apologising for them only sending me 24 cans and as an apology they will re-order my entire order.
48 cans turned up the next day for free. The order receipt said 24 cans. I was tempted to raise a query with them again but left it.

Fair play

Grendel

Where do you live?

stupot07

I'm doing dry January.

I drank far too much last year, but did abstain for 4 weeks before binging over Christmas and New Year. I slept better, and felt better for not drinking, I've noticed the difference since drinking again over the holiday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

I'm doing dry January.

I drank far too much last year, but did abstain for 4 weeks before binging over Christmas and New Year. I slept better, and felt better for not drinking, I've noticed the difference since drinking again over the holiday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Hope it goes well for you!

Normally only drink at weekends but I'm the same as you, drank more during the week which I don't normally do. Even after one or two cans you can tell the next morning.

Feeling a bit fragile today so looking forward to recovery tomorrow and then see how it feels waking up on a Sunday fresh

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

And I’ve got a lockdown birthday next week so don’t intend to be sober for thatv

bringbackrattles

When the pubs opened up again I was out drinking and sinking loads of pints especially Guinness, really enjoyed it. Sat talking to some lads in the club one time while watching a match,and all of us said we don't bother drinking at home, and one bloke who is a heavy boozer remarked he's never drank alcohol ever in his house, only in pubs or clubs. Must be an age thing, or just we enjoy the social side of it ?

Covkid1968#

I’m doing it.... apart from next Saturday which is Mrs CK’s birthday. Does that still count?

LastGarrison

New Years Day, when the boozers are open, is one of the best days drinking of the year so I am going to carry on that tradition today and try and drink every bit of alcohol I have in the house but then after that I’m gonna have a bit of time off.

Contemplating not drinking till the pubs are back open but knowing how weak willed I am think I’ll just take it one weekend at a time.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I tried giving up booze once. Worst 30 seconds of my life!

It’sabatch87

Me and the Mrs are doing it,Heard good things about sleep patterns,Clearer skin and obviously the liver benefits,We weren’t enjoying it over Christmas/New year tbh.
Only had two cans of Heineken last night and was in bed asleep before midnight.
Worth a go I reckon.👍🐘

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Did about three months sober before Christmas, and then had a few nights on the booze over the festive period. Didn't feel particularly good about it to be honest. Groggy the next day etc.

Used to drink absolutely loads but I found it was much easier to be healthy when I wasn't drinking. I.e. Less junk food binges and less hangovers to stop me exercising.

Will go dry again now and see how I get on.

BodicoteSkyBlue

Been toying with the idea for a while now. “Missed out”on furlough until it was extended in November, I’ve basically been lazing around for the last two months. On the scales this morning I’m over 14st for the first time ever.
Never used to drink in the week, now I’m doing 6+ cans most evenings.

Users who are viewing this thread