Driving to Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Noggin

Anyone have an idea of how long we should assume it will take to drive to Arsenal. Google says 1 hour 45mins but friday afternoon rush hour will just be starting and it says the same to whiteheart lane and that always took us way longer, we were going to go down the M1 and then the A1 and are wanting to aim to be there 2 1/2 hours before so will probably miss the worst of the traffic.

Thanks

MichaelCCFC

Parking will also be a nightmare. Other people have said it's best to park on outskirts and then get the tube in. But of course - in a bit of quite shameless advertising - kcic will be running a coach for £14 which without a shadow of doubt has got to be far the best option. lol

sky_blue_up_north

Depends where you are coming from... if like me and you don't live in Cov its easier to drive. Think I said in another thread, park at Cockfoster Station overground/underground Finsbury Park. Did this last time worked out fine, but get there early afternoon. I was living in Cov I would take the coach, lot easier apart from the trek to Stadium from the coach park.

Noggin

Thanks Michael, I'm in a wheelchair so couldn't use the coach (or most the tube stops) but I'm lucky enough to have a car parking space at the stadium. However the stadium won't let you in more than 2.5 hours before the game and the police apparently shut the roads 2 hours before, leaving me a small window.

I think the only safe option will be drive down early and find a pub/cafe that is quite close to the stadium and then drive over at the right time, but just wanted a general guide as to how long as to expect it to take.

jesus-wept

I am certain disabled with the appropriate paperwork will be allowed in the restricted area by the police, ring the cops up and ask !

jesus-wept

Anyone else Cockfosters is the place to park, there wasn't parking problems last time I did that. In years gone by you could park at Wembley Park or the station before Stanmore or something like that but that was before the new Wembley was built, might of changed now.

Noggin

I am certain disabled with the appropriate paperwork will be allowed in the restricted area by the police, ring the cops up and ask !

Thanks, it's not actually a disabled car park space I have but it's definatly worth asking, ty for the idea.

My wifes, mum's husband is chairman of a first class county cricket team and he invites us to games at the cricket a few times a year, last year he took us to a game against warwickshire in the chairmans box and I sat next to a really nice Arsenal fan, spent an hour talking football with him (alot of it complaining about sisu) and he said if Coventry ever get to play Arsenal again he will take us. I assumed it was just one of those things you say but I got an e-mail from yesterday inviting us to be his guests. Having googled the area he has invited us too, I'm extremely excited.

I do hope I don't get introduced to Tim Fisher though, I wouldn't want to say anything to embarrass my host but im not sure I can shake Tim Fishers hand without making a comment.

RFC

Park I'm the outskirts and get the tube in, leave plenty of time as Friday's in London are usually a nightmare! PUSB!

chiefdave

Anyone else Cockfosters is the place to park, there wasn't parking problems last time I did that. In years gone by you could park at Wembley Park or the station before Stanmore or something like that but that was before the new Wembley was built, might of changed now.

Stanmore you can still park at, park there for England games. It's a pretty long tube ride to the Emirates from there so you'd need to allow plenty of time.

skybluepm2

All I would say is allow plenty time coming down Noggin. I commute to London every day and between the M40 and the M1 neither are reliable, although you could strike lucky if there are no idiots causing accidents! I'd definitely recommend getting the tube from Cockfosters also. M45 and M1 are your best bet and on a good day should take no longer than 1.5hrs..Friday afternoon's are anyone's guess, another hour on that for safety and you should be fine...I'm just glad I'm down here already next Friday!!

Sbarcher

In my experience (for what it's worth!), Friday afternoon will see the exodus OUT of London. You're probably ok going down, unless as someone said above there's an accident.

shmmeee

I'll be leaving Cov about 4 and driving to Cockfosters like before.

Made it no problems last time, coming back after being hammered is the bigger problem.

wingy

Thanks Michael, I'm in a wheelchair so couldn't use the coach (or most the tube stops) but I'm lucky enough to have a car parking space at the stadium. However the stadium won't let you in more than 2.5 hours before the game and the police apparently shut the roads 2 hours before, leaving me a small window.

I think the only safe option will be drive down early and find a pub/cafe that is quite close to the stadium and then drive over at the right time, but just wanted a general guide as to how long as to expect it to take.

Cafe just over the road,or pub over the walkway from the away end ,both good.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I log on to see Clarke to Wolves, Moussa to Ipswich and now Driving to Arsenal. We're dooomed!

Users who are viewing this thread