Draft fan survey (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue 64

by all parties sitting down and agreeing a solution or is that to pragmatic for you Tony176?

Sir, where have you been? What you say is totally correct and one that business works on........except that in this instance SISU being a Hedge Fund refuse to sit down around a table and negotiate.....so your response is?

SlowerThanPlatt

1. What will you do next season (2014/15)?

A Go to games at Northampton
B Boycott Northampton but go to away games
C Boycott all CCFC games
D Give up supporting CCFC
E Don’t know
F Other

2. Which of these statements do you agree with most?

A As long as CCFC exists it is my club
B CCFC is no longer my club and is now Sisu FC (Covhampton/Northampton Reserves etc)
C There might be a time when I think CCFC is Sisu FC but I don’t think that yet
D Other

3. Which of these statements most reflects how you feel at the moment?

A What matters most is supporting the lads and I will continue doing that
B CCFC is in a mess but I still support the team
C I feel like giving up supporting CCFC
D I have stopped supporting CCFC
E Other

4. If an AFC/Phoenix club was set up would you:

A Support it immediately
B Never support it
C Might support it at some point but not yet
D Don’t know
E Other

5. kcic has made a concrete contribution to football in Coventry by sponsoring Coventry Sphinx. For 2014/15 would you be willing to:

A Make a donation of £25 (roughly the price of one ticket at the Ricoh) to a Coventry Sphinx fund for new facilities
B Make a donation of £50 (roughly the price of two tickets at the Ricoh) to a Coventry Sphinx fund for new facilities
C Make a donation of £100 to a Coventry Sphinx fund for new facilities (this would entitle you to a Coventry Sphinx season ticket if you wanted one)
D No

AndreasB

Sir, where have you been? What you say is totally correct and one that business works on........except that in this instance SISU being a Hedge Fund refuse to sit down around a table and negotiate.....so your response is?

Keep the pressuer on to force all parties to negotiate again - The British government had a a policy of not talking to terrorists yet brokered an agreement. Surely Ann can swallow her principles and talk to a hedge fund.

The lack of of responsibility for our situation from SISU, Council, Higgs Trust is a disgrace all round and they need to be shamed into talks at every opportunity. All the other side show stunts are mildly interesting but a bit of a waste of time.

lordsummerisle

It's one of the dynamics that get confused ,by some fans and certainly by SISU.

Of course we could go to the game ,but clearly we are'nt and I believe won't .

So the danger Is we all opt for apathy and let it go,.

While people like Micheal keep chipping away with initiatives there Is hope ,as much as people think It's negative and bad on the club,If IT goes ,dies away then It's Over .

A gamble for SISU,Like over the ground ,a gamble too far IMO

Never worth IT.

To be fair I think that Michael has done a pretty good job, an awful lot less "shouty" than he was initially, and the Arsenal protest, despite my default cynicism was really successful.

Just drop the stuff mentioned in posts above, and maybe stop pimping Sphinx quite so much and a pretty good survey.

MichaelCCFC

Michael, apart from your usual pejorative and inflamatory language as others have pointed out, I am genuinely curious at your constant promotion of Sphinx as some sort of alternative to Coventry City - its a non starter and a complete canard - Coventry City still very much exist.You should be asking more questions about mobilising a real movement to get this club back in its rightful home - not giving up on it and supporting some 10th rate non league club that I and thousands of others have no interest in.

The post by Wingy above yours outed me on the language point (good job I deleted a suggested question about whether you'd describe yourself as a rentboy/acl plant/lucas lover/superfan etc).

Re Sphinx, there was a thread on this pre Christmas (I think) and I'm sure 'hidden agenda' was a phrase in that (it's an insult I get from different sides and have concluded it just means 'disagrees with my viewpoint'). If I had time I'd look up previous posts about Sphinx but to repeat points I'm pretty sure I've made previously -

Mentioning Sphinx is about what it says on the label ie a concrete demonstration of doing something to help football in Coventry (maybe it's the word 'support' that confuses you cos it is supporting football in Coventry not not supporting CCFC (I'll be supporting CCFC tomorrow just as I did last Saturday). Sphinx are absolutely clear they do not want to be seen as a CCFC alternative - they have their own history, ground etc etc. If there's a Saturday (or midweek game) and I'm not watching CCFC and Sphinx are at home I'll wander along for the outrageous reason I actually enjoy it (although their fixtures do seem to clash with Cov RFC which can be a pain). Sphinx could have been promoted a couple of years back but didn't have the facilities eg pitchside changing rooms to go up a level. Sphinx are very aware that when ccfc return to Coventry they (Sphinx) will be forgotten about and they don't want to end up as a white elephant. But if they earned promotion they would very much like to go up a league if they can fund the required ground improvements. So whether l I contribute a fiver as an individual when I go to a sphinx game or help through organising donations I really don't see a problem. If roughly 6k people each paid £300 for a ST the last season at the Ricoh that's a lot of money taken out of football in Coventry and only a small fraction of that would be required to help Sphinx get their improved facilities. It would at least be one positive to come out of the ccfc mess. If you are looking for a hidden agenda please don't look in my direction - such ideas are solely the product of minds whose thinking I'm happy not to understand.

ajsccfc

Particularly early on in the season, Sphinx were very careful not to say to see them instead of Cov, more 'if you're not doing anything otherwise, come along' which is the best way. They probably don't want to get dragged in to all the shit-stirring.

Users who are viewing this thread