Doyle extension signed (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I like the idea of Doyle being about the place, as I think he is a great role model for the others in terms of his attitude and lifestyle.. Had Doyle left in the Summer, it may have unsettled one or two and they may have started looking elsewhere, whereas I think they may buy into the two year project a bit more with him around (particularly if we fall short this season - which we definitely won't!!)

ps1948

If you look back to the games he missed in February, I think that made a big difference to our eventual placing

Hobo

A slightly above average player who shines amongst the mediocrity. But we are where we are and we need him. The plus side is his character and leadership skills are above his technical skills.. my only concern is he is at that age when next season proves to be a season too far? The fact I thought that might be this season; doesn't make me feel any better. But yes one of our top three players this year.

CCFC54321

No doubt he will be playing a number of games next season but no where near the amount this season but as already stated no doubt he will take over at one point and a great role model for the other players in how to look after your self.

Mucca Mad Boys

Great news I don't know about 11 Garry Breen's 11 Michael Doyle's and you would not go far wrong .

11 Michael Doyle's would probably end up fighting one another at some point. He's a great captain and has such a professional approach to the game, to be in his shape at 36 going on 37 is a testament to that.

Londonccfcfan

Doesnt matter how many games he plays.
It's his professionalism and conduct off the pitch that rubs off on youngsters.

On the pitch he's an animal and a leader. Doesnt hide! Even when he's not on top of his game one thing he won't give less 110% commitment.

Said it many times. If we had him in league we wouldn't have gone down.

Adge

Doesnt matter how many games he plays.
It's his professionalism and conduct off the pitch that rubs off on youngsters.

On the pitch he's an animal and a leader. Doesnt hide! Even when he's not on top of his game one thing he won't give less 110% commitment.

Said it many times. If we had him in league we wouldn't have gone down.
That's a fair shout-or we wouldn't have gone down with as much as a whimper.
Not a gifted footballer at all but it is not this really that he brings to the party.

Hobo

That's a fair shout-or we wouldn't have gone down with as much as a whimper.
Not a gifted footballer at all but it is not this really that he brings to the party.

In that respect similar to Terry Yorath. Even when off his game, a great leader.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread