Doug on CWR (1 Viewer)

larry_david

He's not gonna say 3 in today is he ffs because if it doesn't happen the twitter crybabies and Matt Smith will be up in arms demanding his head.

But you can guarantee we'll be after more than 1 today. Will we get them, prob not

pusbccfc

The usual moaners won't like what he said. Like his other interviews, he was open, honest and not backing down on decisions.

napolimp

Don’t expect any transfers as he doesn’t want to overpay. And get the wrong players in.

At most maybe 1 more in. If the deal is right

That's all well and good, but we're still one injury away from having to have gaps filled by out of position players. What's the point of building a multi million pound squad if it's incomplete.

MalcSB

The rumours of Boddy working his notice might be true then?
My take would be that non playing management has been restructured, COO post advertised which Boddy could apply for, if he doesn’t get the job his current post will be made redundant.

Brighton Sky Blue

Think he answered pretty honestly, hoping to do one more but it's down to price. I think it's quite rare for an owner to be as candid as he is.
Quite a bit of waffle before substantively answering the question. The point is, Hamer left 3 weeks ago, the club clearly didn’t plan on it and midfield is now undercooked going in to the next 4 months.

I agree with him that we shouldn’t be held to ransom for new players.

quinn1971

Awful interviewer but gave honest answers hopefully one more in ,if that’s the case we’ve got money in January to spend if we need to strengthen, we‘ll be ok with what we’ve got, o hare and Tavares to come back in

pusbccfc

Quite a bit of waffle before substantively answering the question. The point is, Hamer left 3 weeks ago, the club clearly didn’t plan on it and midfield is now undercooked going in to the next 4 months.

I agree with him that we shouldn’t be held to ransom for new players.

I think the plan they had clearly didn't work. Other clubs simply didn't want to sell their players to us at a suitable price.

Yorkshire SB

We've signed a load of young players on four year deals, who are going to be here next season too (and most the one after that), and will all have improved individually and as a team. If it's a case that we'd be risking wasting the money by overpaying I'd rather we keep the money in the bank, and go again next summer. I'm not writing this season off, but with Southampton, Leeds, Leicester it's going to be very difficult.

samccov1987

Didn’t sound confident on kit dispatch. Now end of next week and mentioned away kit had also had delays.

Only took the shirts off sale because his moron brother stirred up a hornets nest on social media.

Non committal on Boddy which tbf not sure how he could answer live on air.

Maybe one more in, from his response I can’t see it being a marquee Gus replacement. Wouldn’t be shocked at Styles as he cover two positions. Kitching from what we’ve heard is overpriced and we shouldn’t pay it.

Just feel a bit indifferent about it all. Sort of screams mid table to me which given it’s a new squad ain’t the end of the world.

CCFCSteve

So in other words, other clubs can say ‘let us buy a replacement first’, but we didn’t?

But by all accounts people weren’t even in the ballpark before Sheff Utd came in. Transfers are tricky. With Vik we knew he was going, sporting were in the right ballpark at start of window but it was all about squeezing as much as we could while lining deals/replacements up. With Gus, Sheff Utd suddenly slap suitable offer in out the blue. players we could've gone for might’ve already moved, clubs and agents start asking silly money or other/better clubs come in for same player 🤷‍♂️.

By all accounts we’ve put in a big offer for Kitching and it was rejected. Might’ve happened with others. Should we just keep increasing until they accept ?! Be silly to. Best laid plans and all that.

Edit - don’t get me wrong, I think we could do with a couple in and hope we still get at least one but we’ve done a lot of business this window already. It’s not as if we haven’t been willing to throw some cash around when needed

pusbccfc

We've signed a load of young players on four year deals, who are going to be here next season too (and most the one after that), and will all have improved individually and as a team. If it's a case that we'd be risking wasting the money by overpaying I'd rather we keep the money in the bank, and go again next summer. I'm not writing this season off, but with Southampton, Leeds, Leicester it's going to be very difficult.

There needs to be a complete shift in mentality in a lot of fans.

Nobody is writing off any hope of a play off push but there is a clear expectation by many that we are aiming for promotion this season.

We need to enjoy the season. We've got a good team but this is the most challenging Championship in history.

One of the things that has helped us in recent years is how fans have had low expectations and got behind the team regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread