Doug King's radio interview (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Surely down to overcelebrating - as much as we have attracted some dickheads to our fanbase recently you would really hope no one is going round ripping our own seats out

Hopefully safe standing well stop that.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

This is where the old social class system from Highfield Road needs to be revived for the Arena. Everyone knew where they would fit in with that.

West Terrace - Scum class

Family Stand - Chavs who had about 10 kids each but wanted to keep their noses clean

East Stand - Old fashioned working class blokes. Got the sack from Standard Triumph in 1981 and had been doing casual work at Owen Owen’s ever since

Sky Blue Stand home area - Same blokes as the East Stand but got a decent job after leaving Standard Triumph, but no longer wanted to be associated with those they used to work with.

Main Stand - Snooty bunch from Finham. Will join in with the occasional chant, but otherwise wants nothing to do with the people in the rest of the ground

Ha ha, I used to work at the Standard Triumph and sit in the Sky Blue stand.

But I still talk to you F**kers.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Calista

This is where the old social class system from Highfield Road needs to be revived for the Arena. Everyone knew where they would fit in with that.

West Terrace - Scum class

Family Stand - Chavs who had about 10 kids each but wanted to keep their noses clean

East Stand - Old fashioned working class blokes. Got the sack from Standard Triumph in 1981 and had been doing casual work at Owen Owen’s ever since

Sky Blue Stand home area - Same blokes as the East Stand but got a decent job after leaving Standard Triumph, but no longer wanted to be associated with those they used to work with.

Main Stand - Snooty bunch from Finham. Will join in with the occasional chant, but otherwise wants nothing to do with the people in the rest of the ground
I was an old fashioned scummy chav with 10 kids who got sacked from the Standard, and shopped in Owen Owen with snooty people from Finham.

Might explain why I went to all corners of Highfield Road and was never welcomed in any of them.

Darth Robins

Why would it? The seats aren’t going anywhere, they’ll just leave them in place and add the rail (same as Cardiff, from memory).

Don't the seats have to be able to be locked upright during standing? Lot less chance of getting stood on and broken unless it's deliberate.

SBbucks

Don't the seats have to be able to be locked upright during standing? Lot less chance of getting stood on and broken unless it's deliberate.

Yes, I think you’re right, but at Cardiff (the only ones I’ve experienced) the seats looked exactly the same but there is also a metal spring clip added to the frame under the seat that holds them up if needed.

mmttww

Didn't at Wembley. Just a normal seat with a rail in front of the row. I think they have what you're talking about in some places but not all.

bigfatronssba

Cheylesmore ITK

Definitely happening supporters forum confirmed it
Notes out very shortly I hope
Need to maximise the home fans able to get into the stadium
You can't just say that and walk away.

I would be surprised if any plans to move them out of the south stand exist and if they do I'd be shocked if the happened. The cost to rebuild part of the stadium would be prohibitive, they would have to move singers corner and the access issues.

Sky Blue Pete

You can't just say that and walk away.

I would be surprised if any plans to move them out of the south stand exist and if they do I'd be shocked if the happened. The cost to rebuild part of the stadium would be prohibitive, they would have to move singers corner and the access issues.
Watch this space
Reordering and ensuring that there aren’t 3000 tickets not sold is the huge priority for next season

Sky Blue Pete

Annoying the meeting was last Wednesday I shared draft notes that night but there were quite a few and the club may well want to amend some of the parts I included
Some interesting stuff for sure

Good engagement from the owner and club on many issues. Hopefully be shared no later than Wednesday

And I do recognise everyone is busy and there’s a lot to read through

Cheylesmore ITK

Watch this space
Reordering and ensuring that there aren’t 3000 tickets not sold is the huge priority for next season
So that means rejigging the South Stand as even if the could possibly get the ok to move the away fans and fund it, it would take more than the time available.

pusbccfc

Watch this space

As I mentioned months back. Loads options have been explored.

I assume they are most keen on having home fans in the far corner by Block 6 rather than home fans in blocks 12-10.

Sky Blue Pete

So that means rejigging the South Stand as even if the could possibly get the ok to move the away fans and fund it, it would take more than the time available.
Can’t see my notes but memory says nothing specific about how but definitely reducing away numbers and maximising home numbers.
as you say will take some working out. Timeline definitely for the start of next season remember that as I asked

Sky Blue Pete

Can’t see my notes but memory says nothing specific about how but definitely reducing away numbers and maximising home numbers.
as you say will take some working out. Timeline definitely for the start of next season remember that as I asked
Hadn’t realised that safe standing being delayed to focus on this but when you have home general ticket sell outs for games on the trot amd not being able to sell 3000 at £20each on average that’s a loss of £180k and over a season almost £1m

Cheylesmore ITK

As I mentioned months back. Loads options have been explored.

I assume they are most keen on having home fans in the far corner by Block 6 rather than home fans in blocks 12-10.
That then adds even more City fans for the Police to get away fans through who want to get to the train.

Logistically having them the Singers side of the South Stand works best.

Cheylesmore ITK

Hadn’t realised that safe standing being delayed to focus on this but when you have home general ticket sell outs for games on the trot amd not being able to sell 3000 at £20each on average that’s a loss of £180k and over a season almost £1m
I don't believe it is, that sounds like a story to excuse their lack of progress.

Both can be done at the same time and safe standing is actually being brought in to remove the major issue they have with persistent standing. It's just the promised consultation hasn't even started yet.

David O'Day

I don't believe it is, that sounds like a story to excuse their lack of progress.

Both can be done at the same time and safe standing is actually being brought in to remove the major issue they have with persistent standing. It's just the promised consultation hasn't even started yet.
Yeah safe standing was a Boddy project and it was delayed when he decided to leave.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Appreciate the insights Pete. It will make for interesting reading. The only way they can sell those additional seats is by moving away fans and modifying the concourse.

Clearly the stadium wasn’t built or designed to cater for the days of us having enough demand to fill it regularly (seemingly being designed to cater for 5000 away fans or 1500) but here we are 19 years later and it’s time to get it sorted.

I know it’s not top of the agenda but the overcrowding is becoming a nightmare at the back of the blocks and will result in more damage at this rate.

bigfatronssba

Appreciate the insights Pete. It will make for interesting reading. The only way they can sell those additional seats is by moving away fans and modifying the concourse.

Clearly the stadium wasn’t built or designed to cater for the days of us having enough demand to fill it regularly (seemingly being designed to cater for 5000 away fans or 1500) but here we are 19 years later and it’s time to get it sorted.

I know it’s not top of the agenda but the overcrowding is becoming a nightmare at the back of the blocks and will result in more damage at this rate.

It’s shocking that this element of the ground was so poorly designed in the original spec.

Sky Blue Pete

Ok wasn’t what was said but you may know more than the club

Users who are viewing this thread