Doug King Takeover (11 Viewers)

GIMOC

Can’t help you on this one bud. Christ

Robins says we’ve got turbulence there aswell. When someone says aswell, they mean in addition. The addition meaning the recruitment team leaving along with takeover having turbulence

skyblu3sk

Robins says we’ve got turbulence there aswell. When someone says aswell, they mean in addition. The addition meaning the recruitment team leaving along with takeover having turbulence
I think you are reading far too much in to the placement of one word in an interview when asked a question and having to respond in quick time..

skyblu3sk

My time and effort in giving info is up.
Sad Baby GIF

NorthernWisdom

As well as the ladder breaking on the window cleaner, as well as the postal strike holding up delivery of O'Hare's hamstring, as well as the general turbulence of a takeover.

I mean, I'm not even saying GIMOC is wrong, but while they may have the ITK card, that don't hold the English comprehension one too... ;)

Samo

As well as the ladder breaking on the window cleaner, as well as the postal strike holding up delivery of O'Hare's hamstring, as well as the general turbulence of a takeover.

I mean, I'm not even saying GIMOC is wrong, but while they may have the ITK card, that don't hold the English comprehension one too... ;)

I'm not saying he's wrong about the takeover stalling, he's probably right. It's just that the extract from the Robins interview he submitted as evidence of it, is clearly not.

Bertola

I think its about time the club made a statement to clarify what is going on.

What can they realistically say?

They commented on the 17th (in Boddy's programme notes) , saying they thought EFL approval would be imminent.

I'm as sceptical as the rest, but not sure what else the club could come out and say, especially as there are likely confidentiality clauses etc as part of the deal

chiefdave

Sorry you seem to ignore the word ‘aswell’ Please look up the word aswell. Might help you in understanding what robins means. If you choose to ignore, then so be it
If you're going to talk about ignoring things you've ignored Robins preceding sentence, “We’re waiting for the green light from the new owner. Hopefully that will come sooner rather than later. I’m hoping that the EFL are going to press the button on that quickly so we can get on with making plans. The longer that goes on the more difficult it is for us because we’re not far away from the window opening."

Nothing in that suggests to me that Robins thinks the deal has collapsed.

chiefdave

They commented on the 17th (in Boddy's programme notes) , saying they thought EFL approval would be imminent.

I'm as sceptical as the rest, but not sure what else the club could come out and say, especially as there are likely confidentiality clauses etc as part of the deal
Agree with this. Don't think anyone would be surprised if this takeover doesn't go through or all is not what it seems but what statements are people expecting from the club? They'd just be copy and pasting the same thing every couple of days and then have people moaning there was no new information

Grendel

It’s happening I feel it in my facial hair

Grendel

Going to be a great year I feel it in my beard

rexo87

Jesus Christ. I give up. If you can read a simple sentence and understand what robins is referring to then I seriously give up here. He’s referring to the takeover when he says aswell. If you can’t see that then god help you
I've backed you before Gimoc, but not on this one lol

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Calista

Really don't know why this thread has become so confrontational. The club has applied for a takeover, and it's taking longer than expected (for whatever reason). That's turbulence. The recruitment team has had to be replaced. That's also turbulence.

Grendel

They could confirm if Doug King and Swiss Tony have ever been seen in public together

duffer

The longer it takes, the more dubious it feels to me. "Imminent" is a meaningless word in this context, and I can't see why there needs to be a veil of secrecy on the process - the club, the EFL, or King himself could explain the delays without giving away any commercial secrets.

For example if the issue is proof of funding, how much more honest would it be just to say that, along with "and it's been provided to the EFL, who are expected to respond within x weeks". That would provide some confidence in the process.

If the EFL can't provide deadlines on when they'll be able to review stuff, then the club could surely say that too. There's absolutely no need for this level of opacity, it just breeds distrust and rumour.

slowpoke

Really don't know why this thread has become so confrontational. The club has applied for a takeover, and it's taking longer than expected (for whatever reason). That's turbulence. The recruitment team has had to be replaced. That's also turbulence.
The reason is we lost Monday.

steve cooper

Does anyone know any of the following?
Is it one person at EFL who makes the decision about takeovers or is it a committee?
Do they hold meetings at intervals to process things, if so how often?
Did they work all over the Christmas holiday or if not, when did they return to work, or have they returned yet?
Apparently someone has sent answers to the EFL questions sometime during the week or so before Christmas.
If I could get answers to some of these questions I might be able to understand why we are getting so wound up about things.
The Christmas quiz was hard enough but this getting crazy.
The EFL website is still showing us in embargo, yet by all accounts it was resolved before Christmas. It doesn't sound to me that much is happening there at the moment.

The Philosopher

It may be that the EFL is on short staff for Xmas period. Sounds an obvious thing to say but they must have some staff on due to games taking place and the admin involved. Does anyone know? Maybe we get a New Years Revolution - we’d expect something by now.

As for the piling on of @GIMOC, why? We’ve lost our best ITK in SBB (no offence @betterdays) but it may be that he had some sort of inside contact.

Last edited:

Ashdown

Why not the rubber stamp ? Is it all for real or was it a last minute SISU ruse ? Doesn’t he share an office with that bunch of vipers ? Big Mike is twiddling his thumbs ….

shepardo01

Does anyone know any of the following?
Is it one person at EFL who makes the decision about takeovers or is it a committee?
Do they hold meetings at intervals to process things, if so how often?
Did they work all over the Christmas holiday or if not, when did they return to work, or have they returned yet?
Apparently someone has sent answers to the EFL questions sometime during the week or so before Christmas.
If I could get answers to some of these questions I might be able to understand why we are getting so wound up about things.
The Christmas quiz was hard enough but this getting crazy.
The EFL website is still showing us in embargo, yet by all accounts it was resolved before Christmas. It doesn't sound to me that much is happening there at the moment.
Does actually mention a group that ratifies decisions in this article

Users who are viewing this thread