Doug King Takeover (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Nervous Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

chiefdave

the more this guy speaks the worse it gets. Hoffman being involved should be a red flag, involved with SISU, then the poker chap and now this. Not to mention being pushed out of the PL after 18 months.

wingy

Has it been said anywhere how much he was offering Sisu?
How close was July 1st to the time's article and when did Ashley first get involved with Wasps?

olderskyblue

I'll only believe this if Byng says it's true....

wingy

So the wonder of Piggy has drawn all of this nonsense out does kind of seem press were sitting on stuff .

slowpoke

"We started off on acquiring Coventry City in July. I brought together £9m worth of annual sponsorship contracts, which is unheard of in the Championship, with five major corporations and I secured arrangements for tens of millions of pounds worth of players to come in in January.
Bloody hell with that much money bobbing about blowing King out of the water should be chicken feed, perhaps King knows this. Sounds like it’s down to the EFL then only good feeling I get from all this is it looks like one way or the other sisus days here are numbered.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Just my opinion but .......There is so much there that is hard to believe or just doesn't make sense or simply rings alarm bells.

started negotiating in July but only got to exclusivity end of October? Should imagine SISU got bored or tired of waiting

tell everyone that the club would have 10's of millions available...... players lined up that seems like a clever move for no one except anyone lost in their own self promotion :sneaky:

I know Hoffman is a big fan of the club but sorry I wouldn't want to see him involved or JE. As for Hateley?

Not going to waste more time on it. Not going to happen and I am glad of that

All this "drama" is damaging the reputation of our club, haven't we been damaged enough in the last 15 years for gods sake

Paul Anthony

Just my opinion but .......There is so much there that is hard to believe or just doesn't make sense or simply rings alarm bells.

started negotiating in July but only got to exclusivity end of October? Should imagine SISU got bored or tired of waiting

tell everyone that the club would have 10's of millions available...... players lined up that seems like as clever move for no one except anyone lost in their own self promotion :sneaky:

I know Hoffman is a big fan of the club but sorry i wouldn't want to see him involved or JE. As for Hateley?

All this "drama" is damaging the reputation of our club, haven't we been damaged enough in the last 15 years for gods sake

All just seems to confirm what plenty of us already knew about him.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

tell everyone that the club would have 10's of millions available...... players lined up that seems like a clever move for no one except anyone lost in their own self promotion :sneaky:

I know Hoffman is a big fan of the club but sorry I wouldn't want to see him involved or JE. As for Hateley?

Bad vibes on Mark Hateley, sold a dodgy car to my friend around 1980.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

not exactly a success, i certainly couldn't find anything of real substance financially

Last edited:

Paul Anthony

Can someone tell me where I can bloody buy a can of his energy drink? I’ll say no more.

The only place I've ever seen any us Amazon. However, reviews seem to suggest it basically tastes like Red Bull. It honestly wouldn't even surprise me if the guy was just pouring cans of red bull into his own, that's exactly the sort of thing he'd do.

clint van damme

Not currently available.

You can get it here

AFCCOVENTRY

The only place I've ever seen any us Amazon. However, reviews seem to suggest it basically tastes like Red Bull. It honestly wouldn't even surprise me if the guy was just pouring cans of red bull into his own, that's exactly the sort of thing he'd do.

Honestly. Some successful drink this is if it’s only on Amazon.

Guy is a complete fraud.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
One judge certainly was not impressed. This is taken from a court judgement in may 2019 so is public record........ para 33

"He had a tendency to make impressive statements, which on further investigation or consideration were not quite what they seemed."

or para 35

"For those reasons, I do not accept either Mr Storey or Mr Kelly as credible or reliable witnesses and I treat all of their evidence with a high degree of caution"

Last edited:

shmmeee

Just listened. Sounds like Dhinsa. Says all the stuff fans want to hear, but it’s just so fantastical. Found an interview he did when trying to buy Sunderland so gonna compare and contrast.

Users who are viewing this thread