Doug King Takeover (2 Viewers)

Gynnsthetonic

The worst case is Ashley pulls out of bid, King (who is an associate of Joy) buys club and stadium, then sells both to Sisu. Council are done over, and we are stuck with Sisu.
Then Sisu don't get efl approval

wingy

I don't think this is who was trying to buy stadium with them 2-3 weeks ago
And the timing of tonight is enough to tell me this is a Ponzi stunt.
Of the same skin to me

Mcbean

The rent discussions could be tricky if Ashley gets the stadium as the 10 year agreement is not valid after tomorrow

skybluetony176

I smell a rat on this Pete, I wouldn't be going all in on people that are sceptical.
People should read up a little bit on the history of Portsmouth before getting on board wholesale with tonight’s news. We know very little to zero details really. What is he paying? How is he paying? What’s in it for him? Why now? Who is he really? We’ve been spoon fed a very carefully picked pin hole of information about him.

Maybe he will prove to be the messiah who in decades to come fan’s will be erecting a statue of. On the other hand, SISU.

nicksar

So is he a local businessman because he has one business amongst many that just happens to be located in Stratford or is he actually from Coventry/Warwickshire?

Because on the former basis Coventry/Warwickshire has several Sports Directs so Mike Ashley is a local business man before he even builds his new HQ at Ansty.

There seems to be a lot of deliberate wordplay going on in briefings and statements.

You’ll forgive me if I don’t get the bunting out just yet. Years of SISU has taught me to be sceptical, before you even consider the what looks like very deliberate timing of all this.
Lives in Solihull I believe.

wince

So What will Doug King do ? If, Nothing to stop Mike Ashlely upping the rent in a a couple of years, then bringing Another Team ( Wasps 2 type) Would need to return to building fantasy stadium, High stakes for all, Tomorrow is going to be a long day

pusbccfc

So What will Doug King do ? If, Nothing to stop Mike Ashlely upping the rent in a a couple of years, then bringing Another Team ( Wasps 2 type) Would need to return to building fantasy stadium, High stakes for all, Tomorrow is going to be a long day

Which other team could realistically be suitable for that stadium? A big, historic rugby club failed. There's no other football club. Unless Ashley found a way of getting an American Football team to play their European matches at the CBS, the bowl itself is near useless without CCFC or a roof which turned it into a giant concert hall.

Brighton Sky Blue

People should read up a little bit on the history of Portsmouth before getting on board wholesale with tonight’s news. We know very little to zero details really. What is he paying? How is he paying? What’s in it for him? Why now? Who is he really? We’ve been spoon fed a very carefully picked pin hole of information about him.

Maybe he will prove to be the messiah who in decades to come fan’s will be erecting a statue of. On the other hand, SISU.

Read both statements again. It looks not like Seppala is walking off into the sunset, but still working in partnership with King to try and get the stadium. Just much easier to argue if it's a 'local businessman' offering 'regeneration' and has clearly already got a lot of the fanbase on side.

Ashley put in £1.2 million so we could continue playing. What did SISU put in?

Philosorapter

Maybe the foundations of an exchange of equity with whoever has exclusivity for bidding on the Arena for a shareholding in CCFC.

Johnnythespider

I guess we will find out soon enough , personally , this has put a massive spanner in Mike Ashley's plan .. a plan I was all for il be honest
If Kings wealth is as stated earlier in this thread I don't think it has.

Flying Fokker

Pompey went on their own journey. We are the closest we’ve been to resolving our own drama.

eastwoodsdustman

I cannot believe everyone is buying this utter bullshit,nots typical tactics from the corrupt world of football, a random stranger whos partner has a brother on the board of directors for sisu decides to put in a bid despite the fact he has ko interest in football.

Next you will all he telling me awarding the world cup to quatar was a fair and democratic pricess
Late to the party. The council usually mobilises before shit comes out. Sisu have definitely caught them on the hop this time.

shepardo01

The rent discussions could be tricky if Ashley gets the stadium as the 10 year agreement is not valid after tomorrow
The council have a choice to write into the deal that ccfc can keep the terms of original agreement.. I repeat, the council have a choice...

Philosorapter

This shouldn't be an either or thing. If we can have the assumed wealth of both, then the more the better.

Users who are viewing this thread