Doug King Interview (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Maybe but its not as uncommon as you think

My mate (a big city fan) went to Uni of Birmingham, lived with a lad from Devon who claimed he was an Arsenal ‘fan’ - took him a few games two seasons just gone, in the end he just brought a half season ticket for last season and guess what he’s gone and done now, brought one of the Premier League packages having completely fell in love with the club
You may have seen my post. Arsenal and Tottenham fans are premier card holders Only been up the city a couple of times. Plus 2 Sky Blue as well.

shmmeee

Even if they don't end up supporting the club, there's a constant conveyor belt of students, until we start selling out week in week out there's definitely a case for providing, say, 500 match packages to each uni for a concession fee and have students register an interest to go to x amount of games or have it used as a rewards for things. Stick them all in the same block so it can become something of a social event for all the students.

Could get the unis to do a bit of promoting in exchange for some free advertising, maybe. I think there's definitely legs for something with fairly minimal effort with 60k students here.

And even if only 5% go on to be Cov fans or part time Cov fans, that's still an easy win.

Can we set up a CCFC Supporters Club at the unis as a start?

Flying Fokker

So you're pumping a lot of effort and resource into a group where many won't be interested anyway, many will already have a team, and those who might be interested don't have much disposable income, and won't be in a position to put money into the club for more than a couple of seasons at best, and then it'd be negligible. I'm really not sure effort v return pays off when there are other avenues you can target that either have a longer impact as you catch people and keep them, have demographics that spend more, and demographics that are in a position to spend more for longer.

The only way it works is if you can persuade one to get their evil dictator Dad to buy the club with his blood money.
A lot of effort should be made to engage all groups. It’s easier that way.

shmmeee

Good. Set up a society at the start of term. Receive funding for meetings and there you go.

Certianly Cov Uni has a lot of local students, and having something social with players and the like coming along would encourage others to take a gander. I think it’s worthwhile.

Calista

So you're pumping a lot of effort and resource into a group where many won't be interested anyway, many will already have a team, and those who might be interested don't have much disposable income, and won't be in a position to put money into the club for more than a couple of seasons at best, and then it'd be negligible. I'm really not sure effort v return pays off when there are other avenues you can target that either have a longer impact as you catch people and keep them, have demographics that spend more, and demographics that are in a position to spend more for longer.

The only way it works is if you can persuade one to get their evil dictator Dad to buy the club with his blood money.
It really wouldn't need much 'effort and resource' though.

Users who are viewing this thread