Dorset Sky Blues and travelling City support. We salute you. (1 Viewer)

I really enjoyed last night, not the scoreline obviously, but the great banter and laughs that a big crowd brings with it. I was in Block 13 and met some great people, they thought I was mad to travel from Bournemouth for a game. I told them that the lads I had come up with do it all the time, as did I until recent times. The Preston game, they did it up and down in the same day. Ryan, Nick and Amy,Great support lads, supporters like that are the life blood of our club, and they put to shame some of the other so called supporters of our club. I was listening to a bloke moaning that he had to wait for a bus to wait to take him to Coundon!

Anyway, Im not here to slag of other supporters, but to praise the lads and lasses that travel far and wide to support the City. It takes a proper fan to do that I can assure you. So to all of those of us who made the trip last night from various out posts of Sky Blue support, nice one brothers and sisters, we shall overcome!

100 miles from Cov.

I came from Basingstoke and my brother came from Windsor for it last night. We met in Oxford and left his car there for the rest of the journey. We can go now and again because of the time and cost involved. Then we read on this forum about how we shouldn't really be there because we are not 'hardcore supporters'. Why the animosity towards the occasional visitors?

McLovin87

I can't understand this I'm a better fan than you mentality.

I probably would have stopped going up a few seasons back if it weren't for my lad (Age 7) who is a complete Sky Blue nut. I spent the first few minutes of the match just taking in the look of awe on his face as he looked around the packed Ricoh.

He couldn't get his head around the fact that there were city fans behind both goals until l he clocked a schoolmate and realised they weren't Crewe fans.

My point is that these so called fairweather fans have seen enough dross over the last few seasons and just said is enough is enough. If anyone thinks they are a better fan then, so be it but we are all in it together and I for one enjoyed the atmosphere last night if not the result.

The people who travel hundreds of miles I have nothing but admiration for!

100 miles from Cov.

It is not just the 220 mile round trip to the occasional home game either. Been to all 4 corners of this country to watch the Cov. So I deserve to be there last night despite what a season ticket holder who lives 10 minutes from the ground thinks.

barnsleyskyblue

came down from Barnsley and the bloody m1 was closed on the way home, almost got lost in the centre of Derby following the diversion signs. not a happy bunny at that point.

ccfc92

standard GGT :wave:

unlike the plastics that turned up last night and turned on the players, then moaned about their 10 minute drive home :facepalm: :jerkit:

just don't understand people living in cov, being armchair supporters?

RME

My son and I drove down from Manchester, as we do for numerous games each year as well as lots of away games. We need all the support we can get - the Sky Blues that is not my son and I!!!.

shoesmith81

I was so upset when I heard some boos at the end of the game. It made me mad.

standard GGT :wave:

unlike the plastics that turned up last night and turned on the players, then moaned about their 10 minute drive home :facepalm: :jerkit:

just don't understand people living in cov, being armchair supporters?

Mucca Mad Boys

I booed, I was right pissed off, we got knocked out in a humiliating way.

I'm not a plastic, I'm a ST holder for about 5 years in a row, about 6 in total but went to most games with the JSBs back in the days, been obsessed with CCFC since about 6 years old, living in CCFC kits.

They deserved to be booed, and I sincerely hope MR kicked off and gave them the hairdryer, but he should also take a look at himself, his decision making for this game cost us.

Distraught and incredibly pissed off. I got stick today.

Steve.B50

Skyblue_taylor
You are not a real City fan, how the hell could you boo your team?
People like you are the sort we can do without..
I am based in Hinckley and get stick every day being a Coventry fan, but win, draw or loose I am proud to be one and will never boo my team, especially when they did not deserve it. Ok we lost but played well.

Covstu

I travelled from Wyken, does that make me a lesser fan as I am not travelling 200 miles!! :laugh::laugh:

Tonylinc

came down from Barnsley and the bloody m1 was closed on the way home, almost got lost in the centre of Derby following the diversion signs. not a happy bunny at that point.
Snap! same happened to us but we finally got home to Scunny. I know we lost but really enjoyed the day. If we continue to play like that then I know that we will win more than we will loose.

I think the person who lives furthest away must be the biggest fan ;-) so all you Cov plastics that live in the City... who are ya!;) PUSB where ever you live!

CovfanDan

I can sort of understand booing if its a shocking performance,but last night was just one of them games that come along from time to time. Ive only been to a handful of games this season, at Shrewsbury away there were plenty of boos and that was fair enough, i left on 60 mins, so i cant see the logic in booing last nights performance

Covstu

agree but I think it bore out of frustration and disappointment than anything else. People expected us to piss this game and we were stung 3 times, I think people were left a little shell shocked.

CovfanDan

agree but I think it bore out of frustration and disappointment than anything else. People expected us to piss this game and we were stung 3 times, I think people were left a little shell shocked.[/QUOTE

yeah, brought back down to earth a bit given our recent results

coundonskyblue

I can sort of understand booing if its a shocking performance,but last night was just one of them games that come along from time to time. Ive only been to a handful of games this season, at Shrewsbury away there were plenty of boos and that was fair enough, i left on 60 mins, so i cant see the logic in booing last nights performance

Its frustration. I felt very angry last night, yet I didn't know who I felt angry with. I can understand why people booed, and if our players are as passionate about the club as they should be, then they will understand that.

CovfanDan

I can understand the frustration, but given the turn around under Robins, i dont think it then helps that when we do fill the ground and get a bit of momentum in the keague, they then get booed for what wasnt a bad performance

AngryAnt

Snap! same happened to us but we finally got home to Scunny. I know we lost but really enjoyed the day. If we continue to play like that then I know that we will win more than we will loose.

I didnt get that lost.. I knew where i was going!

Enjoyed the night, any other day and we'd have been six nil up, but it wasn't to be. Hopefully we'll play that well on the away leg and thump them four nil (hey i can dream!).

Users who are viewing this thread