Doom and Gloom (1 Viewer)

With all the doom and gloom on here lets cheer it up abit, Whats the goal you've celebrated the most? i'll start, Gunarsson at Blackburn.

Gint11

I went absolutely mental at that. lost my breath afterwards and had to sit down. It was made soo much better as well that where he ran over I was right in front. Amazing moment.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Has to be Gynn's equaliser in the semi-final.

In league games probably Nuddy's first goal away to Wimbledon (at Selhurst Park) when we needed to win to stay up.

SkyBlueScottie

Recently Clarke v Preston, Voice was screwed for days after. I remember pretty much every premiership goal was celebrated like that.

skybluesam66

either
a) kilcline v luton

or

b) Stan staunton v ?? wolves perhaps

both in relegation battles - late goals after loads of pressure

RoboCCFC90

Most recently would of have been Leon Clarke against Preston in the JPT.

mrbluesky87

More recently Baker and Clarke v Preston, going back Keano v Derby on debut, I had just had the name printed on my shirt and thus got a little excited by taking my shirt off:thinking about:

fernandopartridge

Was watching the Sheff Wed 87 quarter final, on City's second goal if you listen carefully, there is a second of silence then a roar as Houchen's shot takes a deflection that sends it into the net. Brilliant stuff.

Sky Blue Kid

The goal that will always be in my mind wasn't even scored by a Sky Blues player......................................C'mon Mabbut lololol

jimmyhillsfanclub

As a kid.....Terry Gibsons hatrick goal against Champions Liverpool when we beat 'em 4-0....82/83 I think?

As a drunk young man in 92/93.....Micky Quinn scoring the 5th in the 5-1 stuffing of Souness' Liverpool team.....We'd just started a "we want 5" chant & Sumo obliged.

A few years later....opening day...scorching hot, behind twice to Chelsea....then Dion completed his hatrick with the winner.....the whole WT went fucking mad!! :D

...Happy happy days.

mrbluesky87

As a kid.....Terry Gibsons hatrick goal against Champions Liverpool when we beat 'em 4-0....82/83 I think?

As a drunk young man in 92/93.....Micky Quinn scoring the 5th in the 5-1 stuffing of Souness' Liverpool team.....We'd just started a "we want 5" chant & Sumo obliged.

A few years later....opening day...scorching hot, behind twice to Chelsea....then Dion completed his hatrick with the winner.....the whole WT went fucking mad!! :D

...Happy happy days.

and then Sumo followed that up a couple of days later against the Villa, any goal scored against Villa was celebrated well in the WT.

theferret

Hope people don't mind me posting these links - but might be a few younger fans who've never seen this footage before. This was one of my first ever games. 4th goal about 17 mins in:

[video=youtube_share;-pERuNRgrZc]http://youtu.be/-pERuNRgrZc[/video]

RoboCCFC90

Also Mifsud's second against United in the League Cup at Old Trafford, the Sky Blue Army went mad.

hutch1972

Have the ball that he scored with, he did offer to buy it but I had to turn him down. Fair play he still signed it.

torchomatic

Micky Gynn's in the SF at Hillsborough against Leeds. I was feeling very sick before that (as I desperately wanted us to equalise) and was getting vertigo because the stand was so bloody steep.

Midfield General

Definitely Hucks versus Man United - I knew he was going to score as soon as he got the ball. One of those goals where you turn into a frothing, grimacing lunatic during your celebrations...absolutely fantastic.

I remember ending-up hugging whoever was next to me in the West Terrace - great at the time but slightly embarrasing after the celebrations died-down. :eek:

Tobias Fünke

Gary Breen in the dying minutes at Goodison, Boxing Day 2000. Had a tenner on us winning 2-1, paid for a decent New Year's Eve that year.

fernandopartridge

Hope people don't mind me posting these links - but might be a few younger fans who've never seen this footage before. This was one of my first ever games. 4th goal about 17 mins in:

[video=youtube_share;-pERuNRgrZc]http://youtu.be/-pERuNRgrZc[/video]

Love this clip, before my time but it's brilliant.

The sanitised modern day fan doesn't celebrate goals in the same way, polite applause is the order of the day now.

Some decent scuffling on the Kop / Sky Blue Terrace corner at the end as well.

RoboCCFC90

Definitely Hucks versus Man United - I knew he was going to score as soon as he got the ball. One of those goals where you turn into a frothing, grimacing lunatic during your celebrations...absolutely fantastic.

I remember ending-up hugging whoever was next to me in the West Terrace - great at the time but slightly embarrasing after the celebrations died-down. :eek:

Reminds me of something that happened when we played Preston in the JPT there was quite few of us on the same row, mainly myself, a really good friend of mine (CCFC92) and his partner (Miss CCFC92) and another couple who we didn't know, when Leon Clarke's goal went in, this lass from the other couple went to give her bloke a kiss in the excitment and he jumped into all his mates in the row below just as she went to wrap her arms around him. Absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:

Joy Division

In this order

1. Darren Huckerby's winner vs Man United
2. Moldovan vs Aston Villa at Villa Park
3. Juan Sara vs Nottingham Forest in about 2003 - we were losing 1-0, battered for 90 minutes with us not having a single shot on goal and scored an equaliser in injury time. JESUS LOVES YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread