Don't worry too much, (1 Viewer)

southend

Greetings from Sunny Southend.

I can understand the general feeling of despair across your board and can understand it completely having felt many seasons of despair following Southend all my life.
However in your case you should probably look on the bright side and think of the teams that have found them selves in the third tier in recent years.
I have seen Man City, Leeds and Southhampton in the not too distant past plying their trade at Roots Hall , our ground if you didn't know. These teams and I suspect your selves don't hang around too long at this level. Your be visiting some grotty places on your travels and wonder how it came to this. But I predict in a couple of years or so your be looking back and laughing about it all. The only problem your have in the first season is every team will raise their game against you because it will be the biggest game of that season for them. I remember when we played Leeds at home, (we won 1-0) that I had never seen our boys so determined. Every away game will be like an FA cup final. So for that reason you may struggle the first season but by the second you will be ok and on your way up again. Any how I hope we see you next season as it looks like we have a good chance of going up , probably through the play offs.
One more thing. I see you don't think much of Eastwood but we love him. I hope he stays with us next season. Not sure about a fee or if we could pay wages any where near what you did though.

LastGarrison

As an outsider looking in it might seem like that to you but in reality we are fucked.

Oh and you can keep Eastwood the useless fucking pikey.

Brighton Sky Blue

Greetings from Sunny Southend.

I can understand the general feeling of despair across your board and can understand it completely having felt many seasons of despair following Southend all my life.
However in your case you should probably look on the bright side and think of the teams that have found them selves in the third tier in recent years.
I have seen Man City, Leeds and Southhampton in the not too distant past plying their trade at Roots Hall , our ground if you didn't know. These teams and I suspect your selves don't hang around too long at this level. Your be visiting some grotty places on your travels and wonder how it came to this. But I predict in a couple of years or so your be looking back and laughing about it all. The only problem your have in the first season is every team will raise their game against you because it will be the biggest game of that season for them. I remember when we played Leeds at home, (we won 1-0) that I had never seen our boys so determined. Every away game will be like an FA cup final. So for that reason you may struggle the first season but by the second you will be ok and on your way up again. Any how I hope we see you next season as it looks like we have a good chance of going up , probably through the play offs.
One more thing. I see you don't think much of Eastwood but we love him. I hope he stays with us next season. Not sure about a fee or if we could pay wages any where near what you did though.

Eastwood is a lazy, overweight, disinterested waste of space. For the love of God take him!

Astute

How much do you want us to pay you for taking Fatwood?

yes and so have other premiership teams such as bradford and oldham and teams from the championship like plymouth stockport luton. sisu out

ccfcway

Love the fact that you are saying "you will be our biggest game of the season", and if hope springs and we do actually fullfill this fixture, all the excitment will soon disappear when you see the team sheet and go, "who on earth are these kids".

We will not have the strength, both physical and mental to stand upto teams playing out of their skin, even in this league

Wouldnt suprise me if we are a lot closer to the bottom than the top of the league, if we still have a club that is

kepit 2 yusen

Greetings from Sunny Southend. <br />
<br />
I can understand the general feeling of despair across your board and can understand it completely having felt many seasons of despair following Southend all my life.<br />
However in your case you should probably look on the bright side and think of the teams that have found them selves in the third tier in recent years. <br />
I have seen Man City, Leeds and Southhampton in the not too distant past plying their trade at Roots Hall , our ground if you didn't know. These teams and I suspect your selves don't hang around too long at this level. Your be visiting some grotty places on your travels and wonder how it came to this. But I predict in a couple of years or so your be looking back and laughing about it all. The only problem your have in the first season is every team will raise their game against you because it will be the biggest game of that season for them. I remember when we played Leeds at home, (we won 1-0) that I had never seen our boys so determined. Every away game will be like an FA cup final. So for that reason you may struggle the first season but by the second you will be ok and on your way up again. Any how I hope we see you next season as it looks like we have a good chance of going up , probably through the play offs. <br />

Appreciate your comments mate but the problems we have on the pitch have all caused by the problems we have behind the scenes and they don't look like being sorted anytime soon. I think we are going to struggle in all honesty. There is strengthening possibilities that we might not have a club never mind a team. The "businessmen" and beaurocrats are doing a very good job at edging us closer to none existence.
Did Eastwood get electric shock treatment or did they confiscate his caravan until he kicked a ball ? He couldn't be arsed with us and another ex city team mate actually commented to me over two years ago that he was happy to turn up, collect his wages and feck off. My prediction is that his honeymoon won't last but wish your team well.

Grendel

Eastwood was very poor, but what the betting if we ever play Southend he scores against us?

Just throw him some pork pies from the terraces. Keep him eating for the 90 minutes.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I used to live in Wickford, so I know Sarfend really well. (or used to anyway!) Is the Kursaal still there? Have great memories as a kid in the 50's!

Oh, and Eastwood? You're welcome to him!!

Otis

Abundance of talent, total lack of application.

Sure if you check you will find that tatooed on the back of his neck.

The Reverend Skyblue

Nice words Mr / Mrs Southend.

I hope we play you next year, but as others have said the club as it stands looks like it does'nt have a future, so just to get that sorted is a prioity.
If we start minus 10 points then to get to the playoff places would mean a sizable winning streak, something we have'nt seen at the Ricoh/Highfield Road for decades.
I can't see us being of much threat next season, but if there is a madman out there with a few billion to waste , and he thinks buying us is a sound investment, then obviously we will do well. At the moment everything is up in the air and it is us the fans who will always hear the news last concerning whats happening at the club.

Anyway good luck next year and if we do play you at Roots Hall i will be there as its very reachable from where i live in Norfolk.

The Rev

Astute

Nice words Mr / Mrs Southend.

I hope we play you next year, but as others have said the club as it stands looks like it does'nt have a future, so just to get that sorted is a prioity.
If we start minus 10 points then to get to the playoff places would mean a sizable winning streak, something we have'nt seen at the Ricoh/Highfield Road for decades.
I can't see us being of much threat next season, but if there is a madman out there with a few billion to waste , and he thinks buying us is a sound investment, then obviously we will do well. At the moment everything is up in the air and it is us the fans who will always hear the news last concerning whats happening at the club.

Anyway good luck next year and if we do play you at Roots Hall i will be there as its very reachable from where i live in Norfolk.

The Rev

Hey Rev, where you live and our chances next season reminds me of a horse name that got past the racing club years ago. Norfolk n Chance :laugh:

Astute

Thinking about it there was another horse that had an apt name for next season as I will need a map to find where some teams play. Wear The Fox Hat :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread