Don't shoot the messenger (1 Viewer)

Just copying and pasting something from a football rumours site.

06 Feb 2012 13:54:31
Coventry City are to announce new owners with a bid being accepted that will hand full control of the club to a consortium lead by sky blue fan Hoffman, not only will Mr Hoffman acquire the club he will also buy the Ricoh Arena. First changes by the new owners is to replace Andy Thorn as manager and hire Dave Jones in a last throw of the dice to stave off relegation to league one

Well go and find the rumour monger then so we can shoot him if we cannot shoot you.

Posts yesterday that Board not even met Hoffman and now they are in advanced talks. It is doing my head in.:facepalm:

torchomatic

Sorry, Otis. I hope she's got the police uniform on when she turns up. A very "arresting" sight that is.

torchomatic

ccfcway

is the pending new bid now taken over the old bid as the most exciting news since we moved to the Ricoh ?

blueflint

wow if true would be very happy man :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nonleagueherewecome

They just said on R5 that Jones is favourite for the Leeds job, whilst Lee Clark isn't interested despite being linked. Think they may be a bigger draw than us, even with Bates in charge!

skybluebeduff

Why would it be posted on a shitty football rumor troll site first? Heard Robbie Blake is on his way to us....... from a good source too..... from football rumors :facepalm:

georgehudson

have had a whisper,
all s**u cohorts under severe pressure,
oi included,
delicate times these as those who considered themselves fireproof may not be,

keep the faith,

PUSB

Colonel Mustard

Just bullsh1t. Hoffman is not buying our club so will never own it. He is trying to get investors to buy the club. Must have said this close to a hundred times now.

You have said it close to a hundred times, but I'm not sure why you consider it important; there are no points to be scored by reiterating it. Everybody knows that Hoffman is merely the figurehead and not the money. Naming him in association with the bid is just for the sake of simplicity, rather than "the Hoffman-led consortium" or whatever other term you'd find preferable.

sky_blue_up_north

Erm, what is the date on the 'telegraph' report.....

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Until this "rumour" is printed in the Daily Sport, I won't believe it! :D

Astute

You have said it close to a hundred times, but I'm not sure why you consider it important; there are no points to be scored by reiterating it. Everybody knows that Hoffman is merely the figurehead and not the money. Naming him in association with the bid is just for the sake of simplicity, rather than "the Hoffman-led consortium" or whatever other term you'd find preferable.

So it is correct to say Hoffman is buying the club or will own the club when neither are correct? The Hoffman bid would suffice.

Tonylinc

The fact of the matter is:-
1. GH is head of a consortium trying to get together the funds with which to buy Coventry City.
2 The investors will have no connection or feeling towards Coventry City. Their only concern will be towards gaining a profit from their investment.
3 For this reason they will be wanting to get some interest in the Ricoh (nobody makes any money out of football alone).
4 There are so many interests in the Ricoh to be consulted with prior to this happening that any deal is giong to take some considerable time to conclude.
5 We will be relegated prior to any deal being concleded.

Sorry, but they are the facts.

Colonel Mustard

So it is correct to say Hoffman is buying the club or will own the club when neither are correct? The Hoffman bid would suffice.

Again, why are you quibbling over such an insignificant issue? Find me a single post where users are under the impression that Hoffman would be pumping in his own millions.

Incidentally, I'm really not sure what the distinction is between "Hoffman is buying the club" and "the Hoffman bid". In either case you're putting his name on the receipt. And neither matters!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread