Don't shoot the messenger (2 Viewers)

Otis

Just copying and pasting something from a football rumours site.

06 Feb 2012 13:54:31
Coventry City are to announce new owners with a bid being accepted that will hand full control of the club to a consortium lead by sky blue fan Hoffman, not only will Mr Hoffman acquire the club he will also buy the Ricoh Arena. First changes by the new owners is to replace Andy Thorn as manager and hire Dave Jones in a last throw of the dice to stave off relegation to league one

Grendel

Just copying and pasting something from a football rumours site.

Coventry City are to announce new owners with a bid being accepted that will hand full control of the club to a consortium lead by sky blue fan Hoffman, not only will Mr Hoffman acquire the club he will also buy the Ricoh Arena. First changes by the new owners is to replace Andy Thorn as manager and hire Dave Jones in a last throw of the dice to stave off relegation to league one

Unlikely but I like the sound of it!

BackRoomRummermill

Stuff of Dreams if it was true on all levels. The Dave Jones thing is as good as anything.

Cant see it though I hope I am wrong we have so many false dawns we are now numb to anything as a whole.

Paxman II

You must admit that sounds very unlikely. Nice if it were true Otis. have not thought of Jones before and whatever the rumour the fact is he would be a very good shout right now..

Grendel

You must admit that sounds very unlikely. Nice if it were true Otis. have not thought of Jones before and whatever the rumour the fact is he would be a very good shout right now..

Well he would have to be more succesful as a manager than a player for us -- one of the worst big signings we ever made. Still remember an own goal he scored which had to be the best of all time -- against Stoke I think.

Otis

Sounds to me like someone may have concocted a tale from two seperate bits of gossip.

Funnily enough, someone on here suggested Dave Jones yesterday.

Grendel

Sounds to me like someone may have concocted a tale from two seperate bits of gossip.

Funnily enough, someone on here suggested Dave Jones yesterday.

I am waiting for the first complaint that Thorn is a better manager than Jones.....

Nick

Administrator
If only that was going to happen. :pimp: It did give a nice thought for the day though, it is like a "what would I buy first if I won the lottery" type day dream!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I hate being a killjoy but info I have is that no discussions have happened involving all the stake holders in ACL and as they own the long lease on the site you might expect there should have been - buying the freehold doesnt get rid of ACL as a tenant. Plus GH is buying nothing and only representing his money men - apart from that it could well be true :facepalm::whistle:

just another rumour. Sorry Otis - and i promise i have left my gun at home - think your post 8 is on the money :)

SKYBLUESDUNK

It's from football rumours right? Yeah don't believe anything that site says... full of rubbish... But yeah I agree that would be a very nice thing to happen and much needed!

Lord_Nampil

Dave Jones was at the boro match, he stood behind me near the cash point in the atrium between the hall and ground!!!

Astute

Just bullsh1t. Hoffman is not buying our club so will never own it. He is trying to get investors to buy the club. Must have said this close to a hundred times now.

Just because you want something it don't mean it will happen or will be what is best.

Otis

If only that was going to happen. :pimp: It did give a nice thought for the day though, it is like a "what would I buy first if I won the lottery" type day dream!

No, more like a dream that plays out like this......

Coventry City are to announce new owners with a bid being accepted that will hand full control of the club to a consortium lead by sky blue fan Hoffman, not only will Mr Hoffman acquire the club he will also buy the Ricoh Arena. First changes by the new owners is to replace Andy Thorn as manager and hire Dave Jones in a last throw of the dice to stave off relegation to league one. As a welcoming celebration for all Sky Blues supporters, topless Hooters girls will be giving out a case of beer to each supporter for the next home game at the ricoh and Karen Gillan has agreed to give blowjobs to the first 1,000 City supporters through the turnsiles on the day.

The CableGuy

Jones had millions to spend at Cardiff, and his players bottled it in big games.

He would get 2p here and would have players who bottle it in injury time.

Otis

For the last time, the they called me No Nuts because I was allergic to them!!

Nonleagueherewecome

thats what i heard to but with Jason Cadden coming in as his assistant!

Nah mate, Caddsy will only be ever be a no.2 to Morten, and that's 'cos he's his mate...it's Jones as his Assistant!

torchomatic

As soon as I saw those words "Karen Giillan" then I was hooked.

No, more like a dream that plays out like this......

Coventry City are to announce new owners with a bid being accepted that will hand full control of the club to a consortium lead by sky blue fan Hoffman, not only will Mr Hoffman acquire the club he will also buy the Ricoh Arena. First changes by the new owners is to replace Andy Thorn as manager and hire Dave Jones in a last throw of the dice to stave off relegation to league one. As a welcoming celebration for all Sky Blues supporters, topless Hooters girls will be giving out a case of beer to each supporter for the next home game at the ricoh and Karen Gillan has agreed to give blowjobs to the first 1,000 City supporters through the turnsiles on the day.

Dean Allsop

Have heard the same rumour as the first post, but Dave Jones had not been mentioned in fact no new manager name/s have been mentioned.....

Nonleagueherewecome

OP comes from that website..y'know, the one that has a motto of "100% Wrong Everytime, Guaranteed or Your Money Back!"

torchomatic

Or in fact, no rumour either. In fact, there was complete and utter silence. A bit like outer space or the stand where our "directors, sponsors and friends from the media" sit.

Have heard the same rumour as the first post, but Dave Jones had not been mentioned in fact no new manager name/s have been mentioned.....

Users who are viewing this thread