Don't see what the problem is? (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

Sounds like Sisu were given first refusal but as per normal they even managed to mess that up. CCFC can still play at the Ricoh and we have a new landlord that might turn out better all round.

We play on Saturday andWasps on Sunday and as long as the pitch holds up then I really don't see a problem.

Wasp are going to need all the money they can get so they will hardly be in any rush to turf us out

Last edited:

quinn1971

Sounds like Sisu were given first refusal but as per normal they even managed to mess that up. CCFC can still play at the Ricoh and we have a new landlord that might turn out better all round.

We play on Saturday andWasps on Sunday and as long as the pitch holds up then I really don't see a problem.

Wasp are going to need all the money they can get so they will hardly be in any rush to turf us out

Wonder if wasps have thought about putting our rent up yet ?

Skyblue4u

Wasps are hardly likely to upset CCFC and have them move out because they are going to need all the money they can get

We have never owned the Ricoh in case some people have forgot and now we have new land lords, big deal

torchomatic

What about the Wasps' fans? Do you think they "see that the problem is"?

Wasps are hardly likely to upset CCFC and have them move out because they are going to need all the money they can get

We have never owned the Ricoh in case some people have forgot and now we have new land lords, big deal

James Smith

So if Northampton Town played on a Sunday afternoon you would have thought our move there was okay then?

bigfatronssba

So if Northampton Town played on a Sunday afternoon you would have thought our move there was okay then?

Whilst I don't share the OP's enthusiasm for this deal, right now as Coventry City fans our main concern is going to be Coventry City.

I have sympathy with Wasps fans, but its not going to be top of my agenda.

spider_ricoh

No issues with clubs being moved then?

Not in rugby which doesn't have the same roots as football - p.s. if a choice between a rugby club I don't care about and stopping SISU getting the Ricoh, it'sa no brainer

What about the Wasps' fans? Do you think they "see that the problem is"?

See reply above - irrelevant / unfortunate but give that this is a chance to stymie SISU for good, we've got to take the chance.

I only opposed Northampton move because of the fact it was being used as a mechanism to destroy ACL when we had a perfectly good home and tenancy agreement. If CCFC had been morally in the right, I'd have gone to Sixfields.

torchomatic

You only "cared" about Northampton because it affected you personally. Wasps moving 75 miles doesn't so you couldn't give a fuck. It's not irrelevant to them. All you care about is getting one over on SISU, if that fucks the club up then you don't are.

There was a Wasps' season ticket holder on Midlands Today. He says he's returning his ST to the club.

Not in rugby which doesn't have the same roots as football - p.s. if a choice between a rugby club I don't care about and stopping SISU getting the Ricoh, it'sa no brainer

See reply above - irrelevant / unfortunate but give that this is a chance to stymie SISU for good, we've got to take the chance.

I only opposed Northampton move because of the fact it was being used as a mechanism to destroy ACL when we had a perfectly good home and tenancy agreement. If CCFC had been morally in the right, I'd have gone to Sixfields.

Tad

Don't have a problem with them owning the Ricoh, but I don't understand why they picked it though. Last time I checked they were called London wasps for a reason...

RPHunt

Torchy, why don't you have a meeting with the Wasps fans and tell them what you did when your club moved away and what you did to get it back?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea that's sorta the problem there that we have never owned the Ricoh

Kneeza

Don't have a problem with them owning the Ricoh, but I don't understand why they picked it though. Last time I checked they were called London wasps for a reason...

You haven't checked lately then. They dropped the 'London' some time ago.

Kneeza

I should imagine - given that they have stated their intent to make The Ricoh one of the finest venues in Europe (or words to that effect) - that they will be looking to rip up the pitch and install a 3G one a la Saracens' Allianz Stadium. No idea what the rules are on 'plastic' use in the FL, but it would certainly overcome all the concerns re. pitch damage by gallumping rugby union forwards.

Tad

But weren't they based there though? It's a giant screw you to the fans either way.

Sky Blue Harry H

Are any angry Wasps fans going to have a Hill (or equivalent) to stand on to protest, and will any of us join them there as a show of support!!!:confused:

Tad

It's 'some' time :p and is a fact! They only adopted the additional monicker in 1999 anyway.
I know they changed it, but they were based there still which was sort of my point.

Sutty

It might benefit CCFC long-term. Depends on the arrangement, where we sit as tenants, etc.

I can't see it helping Cov Rugby. It's a club with huge history potentially being shat on.

And I would never support moving a club from its community. Even if it would potentially benefit our club.

James Smith

So if we'd moved to groundshare with Watford and it wasn't to distress ACL you would have been okay with it?

RPHunt

All this removing a club from its community bollocks.

The club moving to the Ricoh (Wasps RFC) has been in existence for less than 20 years. Wasps FC are still part of their community in W London.

Wasps RFC have been in High Wycombe for 10 years and it was always a temporary arrangement..

Before that they played at Loftus Road for a few years and that was (obviously) a temporary arrangement.

The club moving to the Ricoh has never had a chance to become part of a community, but now, with a 250 year lease maybe that will happen if the people of Coventry and environs give them a chance.

Grendel

The club moving to the Ricoh (Wasps RFC) has been in existence for less than 20 years. Wasps FC are still part of their community in W London.

Wasps RFC have been in High Wycombe for 10 years and it was always a temporary arrangement..

Before that they played at Loftus Road for a few years and that was (obviously) a temporary arrangement.

The club moving to the Ricoh has never had a chance to become part of a community, but now, with a 250 year lease maybe that will happen if the people of Coventry and environs give them a chance.

To quote sky Blue John;

Lol !!

The council posee are out in force tonight!!!!

Pathetic even by your usual standards.

Otis

You only "cared" about Northampton because it affected you personally. Wasps moving 75 miles doesn't so you couldn't give a fuck. It's not irrelevant to them. All you care about is getting one over on SISU, if that fucks the club up then you don't are.

There was a Wasps' season ticket holder on Midlands Today. He says he's returning his ST to the club.
Ooh, how much does he want for it?

sky blue john

Give it a rest !!
If any wasps fans were that bothered then don't you think they would have organised a protest today ?

Skyblue4u

What's all this made up worry about wasps fans? Do you think they cared about our plight? They need a new ground so they bought one.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wasps were formed in 1867, 147 years that is.

Users who are viewing this thread