Don't blame Robins (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I don't think we can get away from the fact that Robins walked after that Thursday meeting with Sepella and i'm not convinced it was about next years planned finances. I am starting to wonder if something was said regards our mauling by Crewe and the likelyhood of not going to Wembley, has that been the straw that broke the camels back, you can bet sisu were banking on making a pot of money on all sorts of Wembley based merchandise.

Do you read Rupert The Bear at bedtime? It would help to explain your imbecilic posts.

Grendel

Apparently Robins was on £75,000 a year at City
And Sisu/ACL will receive £600,000 in compensation from Huddersfield ( they couldn't wait to get rid and get some compensation money so don't listen to Bullshit Fisher )
I don't blame Robins for leaving for more money and a more stable and functioning football club , good luck to him I say

Administration by Monday ?

I heard we were paying him the minimum wage and we received £900,000 compensation which has gone towards Tim Fishers loft extension.

J

Jack Griffin

hahaha!! Why would JS be based in Coventry? It was reported that Robins was still living oop naarff...so using your logic he "as never commited to the club? In the world of football, driving from Coventry to London is nothing...a lot of players drive it everyday.

Can you name some players who've been acknowleded in the press as having a daily 180 mile plus round trip please?

If you can't name any then I'd suggest you are making this up.

Grendel

Can you name some players who've been acknowleded in the press as having a daily 180 mile plus round trip please?

If you can't name any then I'd suggest you are making this up.

Most managers did. Coleman lived in Esher, Dowie in Lancashire and Shaw said he would remain in Surrey as he didn't want to move his children.

J

Jack Griffin

So one ex-player whos playig career with CCFC ended 7 years ago .. is all you've got to justify 'many players'? The OP used the present tense, so perhaps you can name a player who is still playing, somewhere?

I never mentioned managers, it was you that brought that into the conversation, please stick to topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sick Boy

So one ex-player whos playig career with CCFC ended 7 years ago .. is all you've got to justify 'many players'? The OP used the present tense, so perhaps you can name a player who is still playing, somewhere?

I never mentioned managers, it was you that brought that into the conversation, please stick to topic.

Clinton Morrison lived in London when he was playing for us. I thought it was common knowledge that some players don't live in the city where they play, especially if they have a family. When Thorn was our manager he was still living up North.

J

Jack Griffin

Clinton Morrison lived in London when he was playing for us. I thought it was common knowledge that some players don't live in the city where they play, especially if they have a family. When Thorn was our manager he was still living up North.

That does not mean he drove up & down the motorway every day, any sensible manager would insist players that had their home more distant stay close to the training ground most of the week. Its important for footballers to rest properly & regular long drives are not helpful in that respect.

You still haven't found any reference to prove the point. Just made some unsubstantiated claims.

Last edited by a moderator:

dongonzalos

It was definitely a factor that helped make up MR's mind. An avoidable factor.
He met with owners was happy (deal agreed)
Then it is leaked on here JS rejected the deal.
and because of that MR is off
People ridiculed the suggestion.
Low and behold it all comes out .
SISU agreed to a deal.
I honestly believe if they had honoured that hand shake MR would have been here to at least the end if the season.

He is sitting there weighing up the pros and cons

More money big pro
Up north big pro
Chairman who is a supporter of the club and financially secure.
Championship football
Chance coventry will get kicked out if Ricoh
His wages won't go up
We can't financially support him in transfers especially in the championship

Negatives let every one down at Coventry
Gets sacked at Huddersfield
Bad on reputation leaving after 5 months
Lets all the players down
Leaves Coventry which with proper financial stability would become a bigger club again.

Quite a few if those pro's and con's change with a rental agreement.

150 k agreed Mark Robins still here stable ship.

I would possibly have had to agree with sky blue Taylor.
I hate the tactics but it may have worked out better for the club.

Instead no agreement, talked about in the media as having our accounts frozen.

Lost Mark Robins.

You must really believe in coincidences in life Torch

Grendel

It was definitely a factor that helped make up MR's mind. An avoidable factor.
He met with owners was happy (deal agreed)
Then it is leaked on here JS rejected the deal.
and because of that MR is off
People ridiculed the suggestion.
Low and behold it all comes out .
SISU agreed to a deal.
I honestly believe if they had honoured that hand shake MR would have been here to at least the end if the season.

He is sitting there weighing up the pros and cons

More money big pro
Up north big pro
Chairman who is a supporter of the club and financially secure.
Championship football
Chance coventry will get kicked out if Ricoh
His wages won't go up
We can't financially support him in transfers especially in the championship

Negatives let every one down at Coventry
Gets sacked at Huddersfield
Bad on reputation leaving after 5 months
Lets all the players down
Leaves Coventry which with proper financial stability would become a bigger club again.

Quite a few if those pro's and con's change with a rental agreement.

150 k agreed Mark Robins still here stable ship.

I would possibly have had to agree with sky blue Taylor.
I hate the tactics but it may have worked out better for the club.

Instead no agreement, talked about in the media as having our accounts frozen.

Lost Mark Robins.

You must really believe in coincidences in life Torch

More nonsense. He's just greedy. I thought you'd be taking time off having fell for your doctors spin that the rent was £150,000. Everyone now acknowledges it is £400,000.

Grendel

That does not mean he drove up & down the motorway every day, any sensible manager would insist players that had their home more distant stay close to the training ground most of the week. Its important for footballers to rest properly & regular long drives are not helpful in that respect.

You still haven't found any reference to prove the point. Just made some unsubstantiated claims.

Richard Shaw did. Always lived in Woking always travelled.

Sick Boy

It is common knowledge that footballers can often have long commutes... this took me a second to find

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1495046/Footballers-join-the-commuting-club.html

Another reference for you:

http://metro.co.uk/2011/08/31/joe-c...-from-london-after-loan-move-to-lille-137835/

"A long commute to work isn’t uncommon among footballers, with the constant changing of teams meaning many often live far away from their clubs."

Last edited:

dongonzalos

More nonsense. He's just greedy. I thought you'd be taking time off having fell for your doctors spin that the rent was £150,000. Everyone now acknowledges it is £400,000.

Do ACL now acknowledge that?

I haven't had chance to read the forum yet?

dongonzalos

Another believer in coincidence.
SISU agree a rent deal. MR says I have had a chat with the board i am happy here. Then JS says no to deal. MR suddenly unhappy after a chat with the board. Leaves for huddersfield. Says that the council could have been more helpful.

Most people could join up the dots here.

Yet for you PWKH and DR Martin Reeves are liars a deal was not agreed
MR is a liar the rent scenario played absolutely no factor in his decision he purely went for more wages and that only.

I think that about sums it up.

Basically you are ignoring a lot of things as it would not suit you to consider that this rent debacle dragging on will either reduce our ability to attract the best talent or if we do get them in, it has a negative impact in are ability to keep hold of them.

A factor I told you months ago when Doncaster were linked with Robins and you ripped the piss, now we have lost him and on going he makes reference to it.

Last edited:

cloughie

Nobody has acknowledged that it is a complete fabrication on your part. Infact completely the opposite, just what you and others had been shouting and demanding £150,000 a year rent

Grendel

Nobody has acknowledged that it is a complete fabrication on your part. Infact completely the opposite, just what you and others had been shouting and demanding £150,000 a year rent

Ok tell me if no one buys beverages at the ground next season what is the rent. It's £400,000 that's the rent its pointless to argue otherwise.

dongonzalos

Right just read Ashby Jan's post

400k minus rate rebate of 150
= 250k ( which is bloody impressive)

Then the 100k you refer to = 150k

When do you think the the sky blues fans are going to begin their food and drink protest?

Grendel

Right just read Ashby Jan's post

400k minus rate rebate of 150
= 250k ( which is bloody impressive)

Then the 100k you refer to = 150k

When do you think the the sky blues fans are going to begin their food and drink protest?

What's the actual stand alone rent?

giveusagoal

Ok tell me if no one buys beverages at the ground next season what is the rent. It's £400,000 that's the rent its pointless to argue otherwise.

Your arguement is a dichotomy.

How does the sale of beverages influence the rent?

Last edited:

hill83

Am I going mad or is everyone on a wind up.
Grendel is clearly saying nothing affects the rent. It's 400k regardless of any other factors.

Am I right?

giveusagoal

Am I going mad or is everyone on a wind up.
Grendel is clearly saying nothing affects the rent. It's 400k regardless of any other factors.

Am I right?

Not sure if you are right or not - am trying to get to the bottom of that.

But i was of the understanding that there was a rebate of £150K of the £400K

dongonzalos

What's the actual stand alone rent?

What are SISU going to have to pay.
What did you always say was fair to them to pay.
Now they have been offered lower than that figure and said no.
Why are you not saying what the hell are you playing at.

Grendel

It doesn't - the rent is £400,000. People like Don have embarrased themselves by saying the rent is £150,000.

It is not the rent is £400,000. Don is impressed as a Doctor has made a statement on the rent. He has said it is £400,000 but matchday costs SHOULD be £150,000 this is because the ACL board are considering a portion of the profits generated from bevarage sales should come to the club. So the average rent is £170,000 in this league and they get all the bevarage sales. We are going to pay almost 3 times the average and get a portion of the sales. These are the facts, there is no argument on that.

dongonzalos

Not sure if you are right or not - am trying to get to the bottom of that.

But i was of the understanding that there was a rebate of £150K of the £400K

There is .....

So the rent is 250k after the rebate.

Then it is 150 after they are given profits from the catering.

Unless Grendel is correct and all of the cov fans go on a diet.

Last edited:

Grendel

What are SISU going to have to pay.
What did you always say was fair to them to pay.
Now they have been offered lower than that figure and said no.
Why are you not saying what the hell are you playing at.

They pay £400,000 rent as admitted by the Doctor and they then get access to revenue streams previously denied, it is spin and it stinks and if you really believe it is £150,000 a year as rent then you have been played by your friends at ACL. Fisher is as bad in saying they have paid £800,000 in rent as they have not, the devil is always in the detail. It still is a far worse deal that any other club in this division or the Championship.

dongonzalos

It doesn't - the rent is £400,000. People like Don have embarrased themselves by saying the rent is £150,000.

It is not the rent is £400,000. Don is impressed as a Doctor has made a statement on the rent. He has said it is £400,000 but matchday costs SHOULD be £150,000 this is because the ACL board are considering a portion of the profits generated from bevarage sales should come to the club. So the average rent is £170,000 in this league and they get all the bevarage sales. We are going to pay almost 3 times the average and get a portion of the sales. These are the facts, there is no argument on that.

Does the rebate exist Grendel or as usual are you conveniently forgetting that.

Grendel

There is .....

Do the rent is 250k after thd rebate.

Then it is 150 after they are given profits from the catering.

Unless Grendel is correct and all of the cov fans go on a diet.

Oh dear you really really are a politicians dream. So at last you admit its £400,000 even though you started a thread saying the rent was £150,000.

So - average rent in this league is £170,000 and average in the Championship is £220,000. These ALL get 100% from the revenue streams.

We pay £400,000 and then get limited access to these revenue streams.

We are miles adrift.

Why can't you understand that?

Users who are viewing this thread