Don't blame Robins (2 Viewers)

dongonzalos

Even though it hurts me to say it

The more I find out about this the more I understand and don't blame Ronins for moving

Our owners are a disgrace

No wonder he could not get assurances from them.

Those assurances are worthless.

Peter was also in the meeting witnessed TF shake hands on the agreement and say we can now put all this behind us.

I think we can say from the way Peter has behaved on here. He seems to have integrity and professionalism.

BrisbaneBronco

The more I find out about this the more I understand and don't blame Ronins for moving

Peter was also in the meeting witnessed TF shake hands on the agreement and say we can now put all this behind us.

I think we can say from the way Peter has behaved on here. He seems to have integrity and professionalism.

No way I will blame MR.
He would still be here if not for all the background BS.
Hopefully, if we get new owners, he will return

torchomatic

Oh for FFS Dongo, give it a rest. Robins wanted to go. You know why he left. For one, more money. Secondly, the club couldn't assure him we'd get more income next season to help with the FFP rules. Why couldn't we get more income? Because the Council and ACL said "hell would freeze over" before we got access to that much needed money. That's when he decided to jump ship, although he came out and said he was happy and he had Sky Blue Blood, etc. More desperate attempts to deflect the issue.

Why not try supporting your club, it's them that will be broken not ACL. You're not going to be able to watch ACL every Saturday, are you?

All these makes me support the club's stance even more.

Interesting comments from Geoffrey Robinson on CWR yesterday too. He blames the Council and Higgs. And he's right, a football club should own it's own ground.

Otis

Disagree, Stu. and I usually pretty much agree with everything you usually say.

Huddersfield had been chasing Mark Robins for 3 weeks according to their side. Robins was adamant he was going nowhere and seemed totally happy here.

I think there is a degree whereby Robins is utilising the situation and I am sure he was always tempted anyway, but something quite clearly changed. Seems pretty clear Robins got a whiff of what was about to happen and went to seek reassurances from the club. He didn't get them.

They day after he left all this crap comes out and the 2 sides are further apart than they ever were. It is no coincidence.

As I say, I am sure Robins was tempted by Huddersfield, but why did it take 3 weeks to get him? Why didn't he up and off straight away?

I think it is a combination, but had Robins got the assurances he wanted none of us will ever know if he would have stayed or not.

The 3 weeks thing is quite key. Why not go straight away?

Last edited:

torchomatic

You just said it yourself. It's not even the main factor, yet you still don't blame him. Robins wanted to leave, no one else.

The guy proved in the past he can't take the heat when things get tough and he blatantly LIED to the press and the fans four days before he left. He gets no respect from me.

It was a factor not the main factor but a factor and yes an excuse as well.

Thanks SISU

torchomatic

Small degree!? You're having a laugh. And, "seemed to be happy"? He came out and told the press and the world that he WAS happy after his meeting with the owners and said "that should tell you something".

I bet my left nut he's not at HTFC in a year. He's a Coppell.

Disagree, Stu. and I usually pretty much agree with everything you usually say.

Huddersfield had been chasing Mark Robins for 3 weeks according to their side. Robins was adamant he was going nowhere and seemed totally happy here.

I think there is a small degree whereby Robins is utilising the situation and I am sure he was always tempted anyway, but something quite clearly changed. Seems pretty clear Robins got a whiff of what was about to happen and went to seek reassurances from the club. He didn't get them.

They day after he left all this crap comes out and the 2 sides are further apart than they ever were. It is no coincidence.

As I say, I am sure Robins was tempted by Huddersfield, but why did it take 3 weeks to get him? Why didn't he up and off straight away?

I think it is a combination, but had Robins got the assurances he wanted none of us will ever know if he would have stayed or not.

The 3 weeks thing is quite key. Why not go straight away?

par1sons

I'm not a sisu lover BUT I wish people would read everything in the domain regarding previous contracts signed (before sisu). ACL have tried to rip the club off in previous attempts by trying to turn a £6 million revenue contract over 20 years into a £20 plus million contract if sisu wanted it! ACL have been taking hard earned supporters cash from the club but that goes unnoticed.

The stadium crisis is hardly sisus fault as they never signed the contracts way back.

Sisu have their faults granted but for people to continue blaming one party is just ridiculous. Previous owners, sisu, ACL and the stinking council are all to blame. One big sick pie

Otis

Small degree!? You're having a laugh. And, "seemed to be happy"? He came out and told the press and the world that he WAS happy after his meeting with the owners and said "that should tell you something".

I bet my left nut he's not at HTFC in a year. He's a Coppell.

You will note I changed the 'small' before you posted. No, I don't think it was small. it was to a degree, but I don't know as to what degree.

Please answer about the 3 weeks!

Why were Huddersfield chasing for 3 weeks and Robins only said he was interested the day before he went?

Steve.B50

Stupot07. I agree with you it's just an excuses. He would have known all the hassles going on and if he was as good as we think he is would have researched this before signing a contract (that mention nothing)

torchomatic

Yes, you changed small because you knew it was probably bollocks.

How do I know about the three weeks. That's between Robins, HT and his conscience I would say and for me, makes matters worse and shows MR in an even poorer light.

Their Chairman did say they'd been working on the deal for some time and "at length". Yet, Robins apparently has SB blood and is "happy".

Like I say when we are marching towards the play-offs and playing in front of 30K then he's happy, but when it starts getting tough...

No bottle. No conscience. No respect.

You will note I changed the 'small' before you posted. No, I don't think it was small. it was to a degree, but I don't know as to what degree.

Why were Huddersfield chasing for 3 weeks and Robins only said he was interested the day before he went?

Sick Boy

No way I will blame MR.
He would still be here if not for all the background BS.
Hopefully, if we get new owners, he will return

his agent would have been putting his name forward before the meeting took place. Robins stated he loved working with Fisher and Waggot etc.

He has shat upon on us, it is a disgrace people can't see how badly he has treated us and delude themselves into thinking he loves us.

If some on here get their way, we will be out of business at the end of the season. At least SISU will have gone and so will the club that these 'supporters' have pleaded to be shut down.

Otis

I changed it because I read it back and didn't believe it to be right.

I do blame Robins, but it is not quite as clear cut as some people are making out. I do not believe it was just down to pure greed.

Huddersfield chased for 3 weeks. If it was just about the money he would have gone long before he did.

Nowhere does it say in any of the blurb that Robins only had one meeting with the owners. It just said he had a meeting and he was happy. We then get Robins saying he sought reassurances and they were not forthcoming.

None of us know whether or not there were 2 meetings.

So easy for us fans to just sit here and jump to conclusions.

What is clear though is that Robins left and the very next day all this stuff comes out about the Ricoh and the two sides at a completely stalemate.

i am sick to death of talking about Robins anyway.

Last edited:

stupot07

I do blame Robins, but it is not quite as clear cut as some people are making out. I do not believe it was just down to pure greed.

Huddersfield chased for 3 weeks. If it was just about the money he would have gone long before he did.

Nowhere does it say in any of the blurb that Robins only had one meeting with the owners. It just said he had a meeting and he was happy. We then get Robins saying he sought reassurances and they were not forthcoming.

What is clear though is that robins left and the very next day all this stiff comes out about the Ricoh and the two sides at a completely stalemate.

Perhaps this thread title would be changes to 'Don't blame Robins or Sisu as we'll never no the real reasons for him leaving'

Sick Boy

You just said it yourself. It's not even the main factor, yet you still don't blame him. Robins wanted to leave, no one else.

The guy proved in the past he can't take the heat when things get tough and he blatantly LIED to the press and the fans four days before he left. He gets no respect from me.

Look at the way he treated Rotherham, it is very similar to what happened to us.

It is bizarre that so many people on here are against CCFC as a club.

torchomatic

I agree with most of that. Then you say it's easy for fans to jump to conclusions. And yet you are doing the same thing!

What is clear though is that Robins left and the very next day all this stuff comes out about the Ricoh and the two sides at a completely stalemate.

Otis

No-one is against CCFC are they?

Against Sisu or the council or Higgs, yes, but against the club?

Sick Boy

No-one is against CCFC are they?

Against Sisu or the council or Higgs, yes, but against the club?

The attitude a lot of people have will result in the club closing down. I see that those who completely blame sisu for the saint Robins for leaving completely ignore his statement about the council needing to help the football club.

Sick Boy

Maybe to encourage Huddersfield to offer him more money?

Otis

I agree with most of that. Then you say it's easy for fans to jump to conclusions. And yet you are doing the same thing!

Don't mean it to come across that way. That was not my intention. I am very much on the fence here.

Do I think Robins is to blame, yes. To what degree, I am not sure.

Do I think Robins should have stayed anyway, yes of course.

Do I think he left purely because of greed, probably not.

Do I think the other factors had some influence, probably.

I am not trying to jump to conclusions, just questioning the reasoning of posters and believing it is not quite as clear cut as some are making out.

singers_pore

I think the big problem in all of this is Joy's lack of ability and/or lack of interest to run a football club. We were told by Tim that Joy is now completely "hands on". And yet she didn't attend the meeting where Tim apparently shook hands with ACL on an agreement. And Mark Robins had to drive down to London to seek some assurances from Joy. Note that Joy was in London not Coventry.

I am sure Joy has many other investments to manage that are probably much bigger than the investment in CCFC. But I do think that this part-time and remote approach is causing lots of bad decisions to be made. And relations with the fans are bad in part because Joy has never shown her face at a forum and as far as we know she rarely if ever attends matches.

Ever since SISU took over they have put in place people of questionable ability to run the show - Ranson, Onye, the Canadian bloke, Dulieu, etc. It seems to me that CCFC just doesn't rate highly enough in SISU's priorities. My understanding is that both Fisher and Waggott handle the club's affairs on a part-time basis as did Dulieu. I genuinely think that a lot of our problems are down to the fact that we don't have a highly skilled full time person running the place from top to bottom.

rupert_bear

I don't think we can get away from the fact that Robins walked after that Thursday meeting with Sepella and i'm not convinced it was about next years planned finances. I am starting to wonder if something was said regards our mauling by Crewe and the likelyhood of not going to Wembley, has that been the straw that broke the camels back, you can bet sisu were banking on making a pot of money on all sorts of Wembley based merchandise.

CovMatt1987

Im just so sick of all of this (by that I mean what always goes on with this club, not the posts or the people making threads etc.....).

There cant be a more frustrating or difficult club in the whole country to support, with the possible exception of Portsmouth and at least they got a bloody FA Cup out of it 4 or 5 years ago. 7.30pm on Tuesday last week was perhaps one of the most positive and exciting moments of being a cov fan for me, going to a game with 30,000 odd fellow city fans, two shots at Wembley, great form, just beaten sheff united away, great young manager who loved the club, squad really taking shape - and within 9 days we have managed to systematically turn that into perhaps the lowest ebb of being a city fan.

I am SICK of thinly veiled, pointless statements from SISU that just dont tell us anything, I am SICK of the shoddy manner business seems to be conducted by them, I am SICK of the frankly childish and stupid threats that we make to try and bully ACL in to reducing the rent (like playing our home games 45 miles away in a stadium that hold 6000 fans, or building a new 30,000 seater stadium, I am SICK of the embarassing way they try and make it sound like we have been and are being victimized by big bad organisations. I appriciate what must have been done when they frst came into the football club - and on this basis have had alot of patience with them - would continue to do so if they started to give us some level of bloody honesty about what is going on.

Soory, I know - Rant!!! Probably get slated for hating the club or whatever, blah blah blah.......clearly I dont or I wouldnt feel passionately enough to post like this. and that is certainly not a label anyone on this site should take.....we all love this club. but I love Coventry City Football Club - not SISU. I dont want to completely slate them but it is time for some bloody honesty and transparency about what is going on and why they are using some of the tactics and methods that they are.

Oh, and I also have a problem with Robins as well so he is definately not blameless in my eyes. If you are going to run out on the club because times get tough (which, lets face it, isnt a shock to anyone) then dont say you love it and have sky blue blood a few daya before please - cos you dont love it, we do...and honestly its insulting for you to compare yourself with us in that way.

I just miss the short period of time ago where the most important thing for us to discuss on here was a song for the Edge!!! :(

Sick Boy

I think the big problem in all of this is Joy's lack of ability and/or lack of interest to run a football club. We were told by Tim that Joy is now completely "hands on". And yet she didn't attend the meeting where Tim apparently shook hands with ACL on an agreement. And Mark Robins had to drive down to London to seek some assurances from Joy. Note that Joy was in London not Coventry.

I am sure Joy has many other investments to manage that are probably much bigger than the investment in CCFC. But I do think that this part-time and remote approach is causing lots of bad decisions to be made. And relations with the fans are bad in part because Joy has never shown her face at a forum and as far as we know she rarely if ever attends matches.

Ever since SISU took over they have put in place people of questionable ability to run the show - Ranson, Onye, the Canadian bloke, Dulieu, etc. It seems to me that CCFC just doesn't rate highly enough in SISU's priorities. My understanding is that both Fisher and Waggott handle the club's affairs on a part-time basis as did Dulieu. I genuinely think that a lot of our problems are down to the fact that we don't have a highly skilled full time person running the place from top to bottom.

hahaha!! Why would JS be based in Coventry? It was reported that Robins was still living oop naarff...so using your logic he "as never commited to the club? In the world of football, driving from Coventry to London is nothing...a lot of players drive it everyday.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

hahaha!! Why would JS be based in Coventry? It was reported that Robins was still living oop naarff...so using your logic he "as never commited to the club? In the world of football, driving from Coventry to London is nothing...a lot of players drive it everyday.

I don't think it's her location per se. It's the fact that she's not sitting at the negotiating table. Think about where we are - winding up order some months ago. ACL, who haven't been paid a penny for over a year could lawfully wind the club up wherever they wished.

And she sends three stooges into a critical meeting, in which they agree terms, only for her to latterly - seemingly - refute them.

In business, you can't negotiate with a party, or people who aren't empowered. It's fundamental stuff. You have to be negotiating directly with the decision maker. ACL evidently aren't. That's the issue with location

Otis

Yep. Especially Peter Odemwingie

ouch

Banned

maybe the multi billion pound backed venture capitalist had bigger fish to fry, was bored of the council mickey mouse approach or maybe she was in talks with south warwickshire council.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

maybe the multi billion pound backed venture capitalist had bigger fish to fry, was bored of the council mickey mouse approach or maybe she was in talks with south warwickshire council.

Well if those bigger fish are distracting her for too long, the rent accrues at £100K a month and the arrears mount. Kinda self-defeating, don't you think?

Regis87

Apparently Robins was on £75,000 a year at City
And Sisu/ACL will receive £600,000 in compensation from Huddersfield ( they couldn't wait to get rid and get some compensation money so don't listen to Bullshit Fisher )
I don't blame Robins for leaving for more money and a more stable and functioning football club , good luck to him I say

Administration by Monday ?

dantheman

Robins lives in the midlands.

Users who are viewing this thread