Donny sign Piquionne (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Discussed at length and dismissed in some quarters as the biggest donkey ever to draw breath.

Just before he scored on his debut.....

Like Kevin Kyle you mean?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Like Kevin Kyle you mean?

Frankly speaking, Kevin Kyle - much though I despaired at his arrival at the time - would be a welcome addition to our threadbare squad at the moment.

As Piquionne has proven to Doncaster; despite your sniggering earlier

@richh87

Frankly speaking, Kevin Kyle - much though I despaired at his arrival at the time - would be a welcome addition to our threadbare squad at the moment.

As Piquionne has proven to Doncaster; despite your sniggering earlier

Sums up what Duffy knows about football.

Grendel

We could do with the experience alone to be honest. It'd be nice to be competing to stay in the division wouldn't it?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Dead right after watching that rubbish tonight.

Why don't you just stop going then and give these sorts of forums a rest; as its evident that you are either unwilling or incapable of coming to terms with the level of football our owners are willing to fund?

@richh87

Why don't you just stop going then and give these sorts of forums a rest; as its evident that you are either unwilling or incapable of coming to terms with the level of football our owners are willing to fund?

Spot on.

SISU have the funds - some of the main investors are "very high up on the rich list" according to one of the early fans forums.

They just don't care.

Grendel

No thanks. By the way that is another poor team we played tonight but they were organised and you can tell will grind results out. You can pontificate and patronise people who disagree with you all you wish but we are down not because Doncaster sign 1 player, not because we play children or any other reason you care to make up but because we have the worst away record in Britain. The same record as teams around us and we would be in mid-table. As you consider yourself the expert explain how such an atrocious under-funded team can do better than 30% of the teams at home but be abject away?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Confidence and a lack of experienced heads on the park, which are crucial away from home. Those would be my guesses.

Doncaster's goals were both set-up by Diouf today - a 60 cap international. Andy Keogh ran the show for Milwall apparently, and got the all-important second goal - a player signed for cash in January. When it's backs against the wall away from home, young players look around the park. Who do they see in our first team squad to inspire them?

dongonzalos

No thanks. By the way that is another poor team we played tonight but they were organised and you can tell will grind results out. You can pontificate and patronise people who disagree with you all you wish but we are down not because Doncaster sign 1 player, not because we play children or any other reason you care to make up but because we have the worst away record in Britain. The same record as teams around us and we would be in mid-table. As you consider yourself the expert explain how such an atrocious under-funded team can do better than 30% of the teams at home but be abject away?

Maybe because they had offers for their top striker Zaha around the 5 million mark and thought if we accept these offers now we may go down which will cost us more than 5 milion. Lets hold onto him and stay up then sell him in the summer.
Sounds like a plan, SISU - we are in the bottom three we only have one player scoring goals, we have a chance of staying up. Lets sell him for less than a million and see if weakening the team might get us out of the bottom three. Also lets sell him before we have a replacement lined up.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

As a minor point of order, I'm overwhelmed to be called 'patronising' by kduffy; which is akin to being labelled 'tarty' by Jordan

dongonzalos

15 shots to Cov 8 to Palace 1-1 all whose owners do you think kept their top scorer and whose owners sold theirs. That is how I explain why a club like Palace are doing better 30% better than us. Their owners are not on a mission to bleed them dry before doing one

Grendel

Duffy you cant be completely blinded to the impact SISU's financial stratergy is having on our club.

Who says I am? I have said before I never wanted such an organisation in charge of the club as ultimately it would always end in disaster. Organisations focused purely on profit through low cost investment will never understand the nature of the industry. They have been removed from the company in terms of accountability and clearly now see us at the bottom of their portfolio. No surprise there. Commercially they have failed to improve the club and have done very little to try and understand the importance of the club in the community.

Problem is that they are going to only depart on their terms. Change of ownership will occur when suitable candidates are at the table with suitable proposals. Trying to effect that change in the short term is impossible. I along with other people on here can fall into an anti-SISU camp and also want a change of manager (or did no point now). Avoiding relegation should always have been key. My belief has been since October Thorn as manager will end in the team relegated. Change may have made no difference. However it may have done and is easier to influence than total regime change which is beyond supporters sphere of influence. All mention of resource, top scorers ultimately are superflous as we will be down with zero momentum declining gates and I believe will struggle to recover.

wingy

If we somehow fluke 3 wins from our next 3 games will we not be in an identical position at the same point in the season as when AT took over?I guess i'm saying he could end up 5-6 points off the total AB had with the riches within the squad and many others gone ,i'm not suggesting a change but if it were to be done ,now would not necessarilly too late.

Users who are viewing this thread