Donkey Kick ! (1 Viewer)

Ccfcjames91

Just seen a video similar to the famous donkey kick
The video is from somewhere abroad where basically the player flicks the ball up directly in front on the other
Player who then smashes into the top corner .
I thought this was banned shortly after this was scored . But on the video the goal was given anyone know the rules regarding this ?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Nothing to stop a player flicking it up for a team mate, aslong as he only uses one foot and the ball goes in a complete roll.

The donkey kick only happened after the first and second touch was by the same player

Correct - the FA decided that because Willie Carr was "holding" the ball between his feet, he was in fact touching it twice.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When I read the subject line, I thought you meant our current team! They're playing like donkeys!

dadgad

That was one of the great "I was there" moments in Ccfc history. To be clear though nobody could quite believe it, thankfully it was on MOTD. Bit of a scoop for them.
From memory it was actually the Scottish FA that objected to it. A short sighted, moronic decision if there ever was one.
They tried it again in a home 0-0 against Spurs, hit the bar.
The spurs players knew what was coming and encroached too close to block the inevitable shot....very difficult to defend against.

dadgad

Cheers Deano.
It was moments like the "donkey kick" which kept alive the impression that Ccfc were a club of innovation.
Maybe we'll get that tag back......one day.

mark82

Didn't we score a similar goal in the 90's where the ball was flicked up from a free kick too? Maybe my memory is deceiving me already!

Just seen a video similar to the famous donkey kick
The video is from somewhere abroad where basically the player flicks the ball up directly in front on the other
Player who then smashes into the top corner .
I thought this was banned shortly after this was scored . But on the video the goal was given anyone know the rules regarding this ?

I love that goal, we used to practice it all the time when we were kids, if I remember correctly we beat everton 3-1 or 3-2 that day. Gordon West was in goal for everton, flew through the air like a rocket, but still got nowhere near it.... Ernie Hunt, what a great character!

Users who are viewing this thread