Doncaster Rovers (Home) Match Thread (5 Viewers)

skybluesam66

I believe so, I may be wrong but the last time we beat them at home was David Bells long ranger?

We got hammered the last game at the Ricoh in championship by them, we lost 2-1 to them last season
we beat them in 12/13 1-0 cyrus christie goal
we beat them 4-1 at their place in a moussa mcgoldrick show
and they went up that year

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

They've won 4 of their last 5 (I know not as good as opposition as us) so a few weeks ago I had this as three points for sure. Feeling slightly more wary about it now. I *hope* I'm wrong but I'm going to go 1-1 draw, dominate but can't convert our chances.

ajsccfc

That last Championship game, weren't they already down with us too? I remember it being the biggest waste of time, so horrible.

st john

They've won 4 of their last 5 (I know not as good as opposition as us) so a few weeks ago I had this as three points for sure. Feeling slightly more wary about it now. I *hope* I'm wrong but I'm going to go 1-1 draw, dominate but can't convert our chances.

They have won against Colchester, Blackpool, and Chesterfield and lost to Peterborough, Millwall, and Rochdale in the last 6 league games. Not particularly outstanding results but mustn't underestimate them.

Johnnythespider

I expect us to set about the task with great gusto, just like the weather forecast and put 3 or 4 past them. If Turner plays to nil if he doesn't we might concede 1. However I look at it we win.

James Smith

I believe so, I may be wrong but the last time we beat them was David Bells long ranger?

We got hammered the last game at the Ricoh in championship by them, we lost 2-1 to them last season

Different team, manager and mentality. Hopefully a good goal difference improving win for us tomorrow.

letsallsingtogether

4-0 easy
Taking 2 others up tomorrow they have never been before, one is only 8 so needs to be impressed so as to pressure his dad every week. PUSB

fernandopartridge

It's clear by these threads that we've got the biggest number of floating fans. To have 4 or more mates who'll go one week but not again etc shows you the potential is there, it's just about grinding them down.

Otis

I see 50 mph winds are predicted for round here today and it's going to be gusty. Hope it doesn't affect the game too much, so it becomes a bit of a lottery.

What is Doncaster's style of play? Are they similar to ourselves or a bit more direct, does anyone know?

Gazolba

To have 4 or more mates who'll go one week but not again etc shows you the potential is there, it's just about grinding them down.

Maybe they can't afford to go every week. People have other things they want to do with their time and money. CCFC is just one choice among many.

Astute

£18 or £20 is a lot of money to a fair few people. And after our recent past a lot of people won't be as willing to leave themselves skint in aid of going to a football match.

harvey098

Can't wait for this one!! Think this is going to be a big test. C'mon city, keep us top for another two weeks!

stupot07

Mowbray to go back to his strongest team. Kent, JOB & Fleck to return.

2-0 win (Armstrong, Murphy) c12,200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Rob S

Enjoying a relative lie-in today compared to the usual Saturday start and with us top of the table, I'm feeling pretty good about life so...

Obviously Armo will get his hat trick after Murf beating him to the first one of the season last week. And speaking of Murf, he's on a tear at the mo so he'll be good for a brace....

RV is due one of his specials too and BBT – if he plays – will get one from a dead ball.

Bigi is getting up to speed now and JOB is probably due one too so where does that leave us? 8 or 9-nil? Maybe Donny will get one back if they catch us napping...

Rob S

Jesus, we're odds on to win and Armo only 9/2 to get 2. I'm really not used to this kind of thing from my team.

I'm bringing my dad to this one and he is always a hex - let's hope his afternoon is spoilt and there's nothing for him to moan about. I've got 3-1 on this, Murphy and Arma to score in both halves and either Big Ben or Sam Ricketts to score from a set piece. Pusb.

mrtrench

5-0. All scored in the first half as we shut up shop in the second.

theferret

I see 50 mph winds are predicted for round here today and it's going to be gusty. Hope it doesn't affect the game too much, so it becomes a bit of a lottery.

What is Doncaster's style of play? Are they similar to ourselves or a bit more direct, does anyone know?

Doncaster mix it up a bit I think, but Ferguson teams usually try and get it down and play. Apparently the quality of the football has improved massively since he came in.

One thing I've noticed about the Ricoh is how well it is sheltered from the wind. Last weekend was windy, but not that you'd really have noticed. Don't think it will have too much of an effect. Going to be very wet though.

Users who are viewing this thread