Doncaster Rovers fan in peace (1 Viewer)

Fan in Peace

Dear all,

1) Is there going to be a game on Friday?

2) Where is that game going to be held?

3) Will there be any kind of protest?

I ask with mild fright and playfullness the first two questions. Maybe people can answer in percentages, or even perhaps split your answers into separate holding companies and give conflicting information.

I ask the third question because, reading your forum, the major mood appears to be apathy. Is this what you genuinely feel? Football to me is a game of passion and emotion, but I am getting the sense of anti- that at the moment. We ourselves are of course not strangers to a history of financial mismanagement and occasionally our fans have been involved with others clubs troubles. A bit longer notice of organised protest and I am sure some of our fans would have joined in and helped.

Colin1883

No one knows anything...

Apathy? ... We are not going to fight amongst ourselves...

You could say... It's the calm before the storm...

Otis

No-one knows what is going on.

Awaiting a statement. Apparently been negotiating today about Friday's game and that's all we can say.

Tis apathy to be honest. Been downtrodden for far to long now and embroiled in a perpetual struggle for years.

We're getting kind of immune to it.

letsallsingtogether

No Protests that I know about unfortunately any City Fan that tries to do anything constructive just gets shot down and hounded so they stop trying can't blame them :mad:
Others who can't be bothered always seem to think that there's a hidden agenda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Games are still at the Ricoh no one else wants us :p :facepalm:

coop

Otis I think your right you get used to getting shit on so maybe it's about time the 8:9000 people who go to games made a real stance for once

The CableGuy

What is it about Donny at the Arena?

Last season they showed up, we got relegated.

This season? We don't even know for sure where to turn up! Or how many points we'll have.

The CableGuy

The Keepmoat is available but the pitch resembles a kids sand pit at the moment.

Plus we are shit at home

Your shit at home?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The likes of Shrewsbury and Carlisle have left our place with 3 points. After the week we've had I can't see our players minds being 100% focused on football, their only human.

torchomatic

Shame ACL were busy this morning, it may have been sorted by now.

SkyblueBazza

Must admit...this tread provoked a little thought. I think what we in the UK call customer service...isn't. Some of the worst examples of customer non-service (as it should in most cases actually be called) belong to football.
Rules need to be tightened by the regulatory authorities to actually ensure people are well aware of match details 48hrs minimum pre match day (not kick-off)...& can then only be changed due to emergency scenarios like weather (although forecasts should allow more than a few hrs notice too).

1nilandwe...

Nobody knows anything yet.
I would describe the mood round here as more dejected than apathetic.
Personally, I would love to have a genuine villain who we could all protest against in the interests of the club, but the reality is that despite some very strong opinions, there isn't really a big bad villain to protest against. SISU are most likely awful, but ACL may well be just as bad. We simply do not know the facts.

Added to that is the fact that the best and most sensible option right now would be for the two parties to sit down and come up with a peaceful resolution. To protest and force one party away may not be in our best interests, unless some miracle billionaire is ready to step in SISU's shoes (I'm not going to hold my breath for that one).

It is a giant, long-running, utter mess and the fan's anger has no real place to be directed. It is my belief that the latent anger is being displayed simply in the swathes of empty seats you will see at the Ricoh on Friday night. I think that there are a lot of fans out there who are finding it very difficult to get excited about the club any more. The joy has been sucked out of supporting Coventry City over the course of about 15-20 years.

Oh, and if the game isn't played at the Ricoh on Friday then I'm the Queen of Sweden.

Fan in Peace

Must admit...this tread provoked a little thought. I think what we in the UK call customer service...isn't. Some of the worst examples of customer non-service (as it should in most cases actually be called) belong to football.
Rules need to be tightened by the regulatory authorities to actually ensure people are well aware of match details 48hrs minimum pre match day (not kick-off)...& can then only be changed due to emergency scenarios like weather (although forecasts should allow more than a few hrs notice too).

Personally, I think you are right.

You probably don't want to hear about our minor troubles at the moment, but its not exactly ideal to have this uncertainty when we're pushing for promotion. There is another school of thought which says just plan for the game anyway as normal, and it shouldn't effect anything. Players are so stupid nowadays that they have no real appreciation of the politics of the game outside of their wage packet.

I'm not too sure about this latter argument, most players nowadays know each other from previous clubs, junior level or twitter etc. - rumors spread and informal rivalries formed, they know what is going on and it effects how they play.

Not particularly ideal for either sets of fans either, especially those needing to plan long journeys.

The CableGuy

Nobody knows anything yet.
I would describe the mood round here as more dejected than apathetic.
Personally, I would love to have a genuine villain who we could all protest against in the interests of the club, but the reality is that despite some very strong opinions, there isn't really a big bad villain to protest against.

Easily fixed:

Bane_TDKR3.jpg

"It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan. No one cared until I hid the Golden Share."

J

Jack Griffin

The magical mystery tour is dying to take you away,
Dying to take you away, take you today (or tomorrow or next week, maybe, let you know).
[video=youtube;n4_TXuU9ars]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_TXuU9ars[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all,

1) Is there going to be a game on Friday?

2) Where is that game going to be held?

3) Will there be any kind of protest?

I ask with mild fright and playfullness the first two questions. Maybe people can answer in percentages, or even perhaps split your answers into separate holding companies and give conflicting information.

I ask the third question because, reading your forum, the major mood appears to be apathy. Is this what you genuinely feel? Football to me is a game of passion and emotion, but I am getting the sense of anti- that at the moment. We ourselves are of course not strangers to a history of financial mismanagement and occasionally our fans have been involved with others clubs troubles. A bit longer notice of organised protest and I am sure some of our fans would have joined in and helped.

1. There will be a game on Friday (if they dont change it back to Saturday :))
2. Nobody has confirmed where it will take place but my guess is the Ricoh.
3. There is likely to be a lot of verbal protests, but unless the goon stewards overstep the mark like last time expect peaceful. Unless Fisher and Sepella take a wrong turn and end up sitting in block 16.

Stafford_SkBlue

Are they still
a. talking
b. gone home
c. fighting
d. arguing about the beverages takings
Perhaps we can presume the Administrater has released the difficulties he faces.
is no news = bad news

D

Deleted member 4439

4 mins ago:

Les Reid ‏@Lesreidpolitics 4m
@mcmikeyg Appears talks still going tonight. Expected "positive" statement held up. Read what u will into that #CCFC #ACL

theferret

It's like the Good Friday agreement all over again. Mo Mowlam would have cracked some heads together.

Reckon they're just dragging it out while they wait for the pizza to arrive.

Colin1883

It's like the Good Friday agreement all over again. Mo Mowlam would have cracked some heads together.

Come on... They'd never agree what to order...

Or who's paying...

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Didn't they make a film about it?

I'm setting up the biggest deal in Europe with the hardest organization since Hitler stuck a swastika on his jockstrap.
325x227%3E

Users who are viewing this thread