Doncaster (A) match thread (2 Viewers)

mark82

If we had bothered turning up for this game then we'd have only been 4 points off the playoffs. This season has been the biggest disappointment in memory as it offered so much.

Otis

Oh bloody hell!

Just said on SSN that this is Doncaster's first clean sheet in 17 matches. :(

We really have become quite impotent haven't we.

Nick

Administrator
It's beyond me why he feels he has to tinker so much. Didn't do it so much early season. Probably the reason we weren't shit then.

It is always best to help motivate players who grind out wins by dropping them.

Gazolba

It's beyond me why he feels he has to tinker so much. Didn't do it so much early season. Probably the reason we weren't shit then.

He explained it in one article in the CT. He picks the team to counter the opposition's strengths. In other words, instead of imposing our strengths on the opposition, he allows them to impose their strengths on us.

Nick

Administrator
He explained it in one article in the CT. He picks the team to counter the opposition's strengths. In other words, instead of imposing our strengths on the opposition, he allows them to impose their strengths on us.

Worked really well today.

Otis

Really annoying, because a win today would have given us some chance, looking at the other results and next week we would have had a good crowd against Sheff Utd.

Now it's all just a damp squib.

oscillatewildly

If we had bothered turning up for this game then we'd have only been 4 points off the playoffs. This season has been the biggest disappointment in memory as it offered so much.
You know fully well that some posters on here will shout you down for taking that stance with your last sentence.
I think I can nail it with the best description of this season - 'It's been a disappointing improvement'.

stevefloyd

Really annoying, because a win today would have given us some chance, looking at the other results and next week we would have had a good crowd against Sheff Utd.

Now it's all just a damp squib.
But its Cov innit..we are accustomed to this

Brylowes

Just goes to show what a fantastic position we were in, when you consider the scale of
our collapse and to only be 4 points away. Gutted

stevefloyd

We don't really have to look for any magic ingredient all we want is some players that actually give a damn and have a bit of fight in them

Nick

Administrator
We don't really have to look for any magic ingredient all we want is some players that actually give a damn and have a bit of fight in them

They must have been dropped this week then, they looked to care the last couple of games and had fight.

Otis

Questions need to be answered once the dust has settled.

We were a real attacking threat earlier in the campaign and now we are really struggling to score at all and it's been an age since Adam Armstrong last found the back of the net.

14 games since his last goal.

skyblue1991

Season over.

Thanks TM and the players for not fighting for the fans.

We should be in the play offs at least this season and it's all their own doing that we aren't.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Otis

Season over.

Thanks TM and the players for not fighting for the fans.

We should be in the play offs at least this season and it's all their own doing that we aren't.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
And next season they will have a chance to put it right!

Well everyone apart from Murphy and Armstrong and Cole and Stephens and Hunt and Maddison and Fleck.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Mowbray says;

Not many thoughts. Have to say nt a lot to talk about

As disappointing I've been with the team all season for a first half

Distinct lack of fight in the first half

Think it's the team we've got, where is the team V Gillingham and Millwall - 4-0

My own mistake putting faith in young players at top of the pitch

Thought could break away and counter but didn't pan out

Disappointed with them today

Not making any excuses for them today. Didn't show enough fight

Disappointing for supporters who came

Haven't been disappointed often despite dips but today is different

Try to defend set play goals we concede every week. Can't this week

Do alt of work defending set plays

Talking today out of frustration

Today I couldn't see the identity

Not much improvement after subs

Vlad is a good footballer

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Cont'd

Vlad needs to be judged next season

Easy to say more physical players needed

Given reasons why young players chosen

Can't defend and let 2 headed goals go in

In my mind play offs were over some time ago (well there's positivity for you!!)

Never realistic despite mathematically possible

No Joe Cole as wasn't a day for him

Joe Coles not really an issue today (odd?)

stupot07

In my mind play offs were over some time ago (well there's positivity for you!!)

Never realistic despite mathematically possible

And to think how much stick Otis has taken this week.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

The result doesn't really matter. Even if we had won, we would never have made the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread