Dominic Samuel (1 Viewer)

LB87ccfc

Wow another non story from the CET, something which has already been discussed and noted on here by many, just repeating themselves over and over.

Clark said two weeks ago he was going to assess Samuel and get his chance, it was in the papers down in Reading.

LJC_CCFC

On the basis that Reading have just signed Orlando Sa, whilst still having Cox and Pog as main strikers and Blackman and Robson-Kanu who can operate across the frontline, Samuel would have to do something special to get a starting spot. Perhaps not to us, but for me he goes out on loan.

no_loyalty

I think he will be given a chance at Reading

Cobi Jones's Dreads

More chance of plaiting your own piss than Samuel coming back on loan, get real!

LJC_CCFC

Asked a Reading fan about his availability: "Well i'd be very surprised if Cox was still here next season, Clarke doesn't rate him at all (he got him out of West Brom before too) so that does only leave us with 3 strikers in that case. Linked to Donaldson and this Slovenian guy - Beric - which would make it 4. Depends whether Clarke wants to play two up front or one, if the latter Samuel might be available. Is in the last year of his contract though so I think Clarke will want to see a lot of him in a Reading shirt this year. Who knows though."

Hobo

If he doesn't force his way into the team through preseason friendlies he will be going out on loan. They won't want to loan him to another Championship side, also he needs guaranteed starts in the final year of his contract. This loan deal could still come off, but it won't be until after the season kicks off.

ready_96

Didnt we play leyton Orient at home on a tuesday night that he got injured. I always thought it could of almost been a tactical ploy by them to literally sideline our key striker just as we get dragged into a relegation dogfight with them....:thinking about:

JimmyHillsbeard

If he doesn't force his way into the team through preseason friendlies he will be going out on loan. They won't want to loan him to another Championship side, also he needs guaranteed starts in the final year of his contract. This loan deal could still come off, but it won't be until after the season kicks off.

This was exactly the blueprint that saw us sign McQuoid, our hopes rely on him not being good enough for his parent club and yet not being pissed off if he's sent to us as punishment.

Hobo

This was exactly the blueprint that saw us sign McQuoid, our hopes rely on him not being good enough for his parent club and yet not being pissed off if he's sent to us as punishment.

Yes but he is better than McQuoid.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Best we could hope for is a loan until Christmas, atleast initially. If he does well, Reading may want him back depending on how their season is going. If they are doing well, they may allow us to extend.

Be surprised if they let a player whos only just signed a 1 year extension go out on loan for the entire season straight off.

Users who are viewing this thread