Dominic hyam... (1 Viewer)

Otis

He reminds me of Alan Hansen. He's so calm on the ball and passes it out of defence really well too.

Very impressive. If Rod can recapture his form we have 4 excellent centrebacks.

rupert_bear

Hyam is a real find taken a while to make his mark but I would think he’s first central defender on the team sheet now.

stevefloyd

Even great players have off days yes he had a mare against Yeovil but looks solid again now at the right time and we have waited 30 years to get to Wembley now we visit every year yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa

Otis

A mention about Stokes, thought he was finished, last 2 games showed so much strength and Doyle just unbelievable!!!
Yep, hats off to them both.

Doyle has impressed me so much this season and the past few games Stokes has been almost back to his old self.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A mention about Stokes, thought he was finished, last 2 games showed so much strength and Doyle just unbelievable!!!

Their RB must have been kicking himself when Stokes kept flying down that wing! I’d written him off after the warm up when he looked knackered, but he was great!

Nonleagueherewecome

Steady on. I wouldn't go that far.

I would say if we ranked them all at the moment, it would be ...

1. Davies
2. Willis
3. Hyam
4. McDonald

Think I'd rate Willis No.1 for his athleticism and class, Davies is a unit and more suited to L2 perhaps but we saw just what Willis adds at his best last night.

Hyam was already pretty good from the start of the season, but has really progressed. I think we can put Yeovil down to the entire team having a stinker, plus of course the fact that youngsters who are learning do have the odd bad game.

Last night, he was absolutely brilliant. He's not quite Alan Hansen yet, but yes he does read the game extremely well for an inexperienced defender and has great anticipation that perhaps gives him an extra yard in his head to make up for a slight lack of pace. Much like Ponticelli's goalscoring instinct, that is very hard to coach. And his distribution was very good, not least with the ball to Bayliss for his goal. What a cracking prospect he is! Great signing by Robins.

Adge

I though Davies would be a massive loss last night but Willis and Hyam really stepped upto the plate. The Yeovil game is but now a distant memory.

PVA

Davies and Hyam are both great, would love to see them as first choice next season regardless of what league we're in.

Somerset Sky Blue

Think I'd rate Willis No.1 for his athleticism and class, Davies is a unit and more suited to L2 perhaps but we saw just what Willis adds at his best last night.

Hyam was already pretty good from the start of the season, but has really progressed. I think we can put Yeovil down to the entire team having a stinker, plus of course the fact that youngsters who are learning do have the odd bad game.

Last night, he was absolutely brilliant. He's not quite Alan Hansen yet, but yes he does read the game extremely well for an inexperienced defender and has great anticipation that perhaps gives him an extra yard in his head to make up for a slight lack of pace. Much like Ponticelli's goalscoring instinct, that is very hard to coach. And his distribution was very good, not least with the ball to Bayliss for his goal. What a cracking prospect he is! Great signing by Robins.
Got to agree - Willis first for me, with one of the others (assuming he is still with us). I'm pleased we have choices / backup, remember concrete rod was outstanding earlier in the season.

Users who are viewing this thread