Doing a little digging into Arvo and found this link (1 Viewer)

wingy

Its another Non-job surely ,when have they ever got in the way of a good old monopoly etc?I would'nt trust in a game of it come to that.:eek::slap::facepalm:

Sky Blue Dal

It looks like a business and finance forum in which the cities financial and business institutions probably attended 1-2 times a year to monitor and push through or implement any changes within the business and financial sector.

These forums consist of participants and observers and it is usually open to everyone within the financial and business sector if they wish to participate or attend.

It's not really not a biggie for the fact that she is on the panel. She would have as much say as everyone else on the panel unless she is just an observer meaning she and her companies will have no say at all.

That's what usually happens in these forums and they are common in many industries.

I have attended one or two regulations forums myself on behalf of my boss within the telecommunications and wireless market.

Agree Joy is a successful business woman no doubt about that but remember SiSU capitol is really a small fish in a big financial pond, so cannot see them having that much clout in these forums.

Maybe I'm wrong but that is how I'm see it from that link.

DaleM

The Takeover Code
The Code is designed to ensure that shareholders are treated fairly, are not denied an opportunity to decide on the merits of a takeover and are afforded equivalent treatment by an offeror. It provides an orderly framework within which takeovers are conducted.

WTF . Didn't happen in 2007 did it . "Give us your shares or the club dies" was the line trotted out I believe.

Skybluesquirrel

The Takeover Code
The Code is designed to ensure that shareholders are treated fairly, are not denied an opportunity to decide on the merits of a takeover and are afforded equivalent treatment by an offeror. It provides an orderly framework within which takeovers are conducted.

WTF . Didn't happen in 2007 did it . "Give us your shares or the club dies" was the line trotted out I believe.

I imagine the board ensures 'that shareholders are treated fairly' when they are the shareholders...

Sky Blue Dal

The Takeover Code

It's easy to say write these codes but harder for them to practice ... Its called greed ... we all know what happened in financial crisis of 2008. I believe a lot was blamed on hedge funds for falsely distorting the financial market which created the banking crisis as I remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Disorganised1

The secret lies in looking at who appointed them - "Appointed by the panel" would seem to indicate it's a self regulating body which appoints the majority of its own members.

Sky Blue Dal

The secret lies in looking at who appointed them - "Appointed by the panel" would seem to indicate it's a self regulating body which appoints the majority of its own members.

Agree ... or invited themselves to this open forum so they can participate. Most likely paid a fee to be a member and part of this panel.

It's really a talking shop and that's all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread