• Yes

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 51.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 18 21.4%

• Total voters

Danceswithhorses

Not quite a Forest (yet ?), but pretty damn good form, from this awful position on 01/10/22

Table at 01/10/22 = P08 W01 D03 L04 F08 A13 (6 points)
Table at 05/03/23 = P35 W14 D10 L11 F41 A34 (52 points)
Results post 01/10 = P27 W13 D7 L7 F33 A21 (46 points)

Ozgovxh.jpg

Last edited:

slowpoke

Quite a few players including keinan Davies on loan, Sam Surrridge and Steve Cook

Edit. See you said Feb/March not January but they still had more resources in their squad than we have.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
We’ll if you look we are in March.

Ashdown

We have some very winnable games apart from perhaps Blackburn and Boro away. If we had not had the pitch debacle and not lost Callum and Fadz plus now Allen and Palmer then Play offs for cert 👍

shmmeee

We have some very winnable games apart from perhaps Blackburn and Boro away. If we had not had the pitch debacle and not lost Callum and Fadz plus now Allen and Palmer then Play offs for cert 👍

Even those two games Blackburn are very hot and cold and anything can happen last day when Boro’s fate may well have been decided. And we have beaten both this season…

Do think we’ll come up short, I think we need 2 points a game for the rest of the season to be in with a shout and just not sure we’ve got that in us. A lot will depend on when Sheaf Palmer and Allen are available.

slowpoke

We are obviously to quote a well known football cliche’ taking one game at a time, anything from where we currently are is a bonus, personally I don’t think we will finish lower but I am wearing sky blue glasses, I also think we won’t win all our next three games Hull, Wigan and Blackpool, but we have 11 games left I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win 7 and very disappointed if we lose 4.

slowpoke

We were in with a shout last season with just four games to go and if I remember correct a mathematical miracle away with two just games left.

Brighton Sky Blue

We were in with a shout last season with just four games to go and if I remember correct a mathematical miracle away with two just games left.
I mean being honest with owners who gave a toss we'd have made the top 6 last season and would have at least been in contention this season. Assuming we come short this time there's a lot to be optimistic about for 23/24.

slowpoke

I mean being honest with owners who gave a toss we'd have made the top 6 last season and would have at least been in contention this season. Assuming we come short this time there's a lot to be optimistic about for 23/24.
You are correct just a very small investment in the January just a couple of loans I’m certain we would have made the play-offs, it’s history now a bit looking to the future we at the very least have hope.

covcity4life

I can't say I'm too bothered with star tof season debacle. Yes we were bottom but we had so many games in hand I don't think any sane person panicked. Infact is was a stress reliever in a way to see how much we could jump up table if we won them all etc

I doubt it impacted player form too much.

If we don't make playoffs I won't be putting it down to pitch issues myself

SAJ

Just can’t see how you can say that. Every team has key players injured during a season which impacts on results. We’re no different to anybody else.

steve cooper

PVA

I can't say I'm too bothered with star tof season debacle. Yes we were bottom but we had so many games in hand I don't think any sane person panicked. Infact is was a stress reliever in a way to see how much we could jump up table if we won them all etc

I doubt it impacted player form too much.

If we don't make playoffs I won't be putting it down to pitch issues myself

But we had some winnable games postponed that had we been able to play and win them, it would have improved morale and form going into other games which could have led to better results. Plus we were definitely undercooked and struggling with fitness levels compared to other teams.

But we'll never know I guess. Either way, it's been a phenomenal run of form since then.

steve cooper

Interestingly from the table on 15th March, some teams had played 2 to 3 games more than others, but points at this stage look very similar to last season.

jim20

The fact we are now on 52 and likely to be safe is good enough for me. You always worry with our club we might go down, years of relegation battles, and the start of the season didn’t help that!

Sky Blue Pete

Even those two games Blackburn are very hot and cold and anything can happen last day when Boro’s fate may well have been decided. And we have beaten both this season…

Do think we’ll come up short, I think we need 2 points a game for the rest of the season to be in with a shout and just not sure we’ve got that in us. A lot will depend on when Sheaf Palmer and Allen are available.
Eccles has meant sheaf hasn’t been missed. Well not as much alongside hamers performances impossibly improving from the high standard he’d already set.

Can we find in walker or maguire or howley running and goals to replace Allen and palmer???
If so keeper and back 3 are solid
Hamer and vik are the stars

shmmeee

Eccles has meant sheaf hasn’t been missed. Well not as much alongside hamers performances impossibly improving from the high standard he’d already set.

Can we find in walker or maguire or howley running and goals to replace Allen and palmer???
If so keeper and back 3 are solid
Hamer and vik are the stars

I could see us going with a 3 of Eccles Hamer and Sheaf with two up front until after the break.

Flying Fokker

But we had some winnable games postponed that had we been able to play and win them, it would have improved morale and form going into other games which could have led to better results. Plus we were definitely undercooked and struggling with fitness levels compared to other teams.

But we'll never know I guess. Either way, it's been a phenomenal run of form since then.
Is the phenomenon better than our Covid promotion? 2 pts per game? We had a good pre-season, ruined by the pitch debacle. Then our form after the World Cup dipped.

harvey098

Yeah it’s the form after the World Cup that annoys me. This was the table going into the World Cup. 2 points off play offs with 2 games in hand on almost every team. Should’ve been right up there.

Nonetheless, it’s been an another amazing season regardless of what happens now. Another great value for money season ticket.

Attachments

• 9F9B3556-BD92-4D0B-B070-E58F545043CA.png
    9F9B3556-BD92-4D0B-B070-E58F545043CA.png
    359 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread