Dogfight at the bottom of the table!!! (3 Viewers)

skybluek

So it looks like its going to be a real scrap to see who goes down between
Us(coventry)
Doncaster
Forrest
bristol city
possibly millwall
So who will beat the drop? ??
All comments welcome if you have thoughts about Other teams being dragged in say

Last edited:

ccfcdan

Bristol
Coventry
Doncaster

Unless we sign a goal scorer we will really struggle to bridge the gap :(

EleanorRigby

More will be sucked in, there's always a fall from the middle of the division and we have the Portsmouth situation where points could be deducted. Wouldn't that be a help !

Kajer

Statistically speaking we have a mountain to climb.

We are halfway through the season and have 16 points to stay up we need to get about 50 points, so 34 points from the next 23 games over double the points we picked up in the first part of the season.

11 wins and a draw should see us safe....

derbyskyblue

Statistically speaking we have a mountain to climb.

We are halfway through the season and have 16 points to stay up we need to get about 50 points, so 34 points from the next 23 games over double the points we picked up in the first part of the season.

11 wins and a draw should see us safe....
And therein lies the problem.

neilyboy67

we beat brighton and its game on surely??????????? the deficit could be down to 2 points, we are shit at scoring goals so to get really firing and out the bottom 3 sisu need to get in a goalscorer simple as (but it aint gonna happen is it)

Grendel

More will be sucked in, there's always a fall from the middle of the division and we have the Portsmouth situation where points could be deducted. Wouldn't that be a help !

No-one else is likely to be sucked in unless someone goes into administation. We have scored less goals and won less games than any other team in all 3 leagues. Our away form is abysmal. Unless we solve both these issues we are down by the end of February.
That said if we beat Brighton at least that will get some momentum going. Lose that and it is goodbye.

ICHAN

I won't say were relegated until mathmatically we are down, who knows what can happen, after all it's a funny old game.

I just do not want to admit it to myself I suppose, just cannot believe we have got so bad, we were never great in my time of being a sky blue fan as their was always hope, however the teams I watched always had one thing that is lacking in this team up until now and that was fight and determination so I will not give in hoping, hoping they start showing fight and determination to get out of this awful mess where everyone of them has to take the blame and stand up and admit they could and should have shown more fighting spirit long ago.

skybluejelly

come on boys ,we may not be the coventry of old but we are still coventry how many times did we need to win our last match in the premier league and hope for results to go our way,did we give up then did we hell.
we have still got 23 games left ,sod sisu and all the take over talk,we will fight till the game is won..

Stevec189

69 points up for grabs. qas I and others have said if we were 6 points away from breaking into the playoffs would we write of our chances? Of course not. Someone else will drop in I'm sure. Time to start believing! Lets all sing together PUSB!

BackRoomRummermill

If we get taken over soona and get some players in then who knows we maybe will survive........ it is amazing what a couple of wins and a small run can do.

At present situation I think we are doomed :mad:

By my reckoning we need another 35 points to reach the average safety margin of 51 points.

That roughly translates into a W10-D5-L8 or W9-D8-L6 performance over the next 23 games which is very close to play off form.

And by doing this achieving a 40% plus win ratio compared to current year to date of just 13%.

That just about sums up the size of the task - pretty formidable eh ???

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

as I and others have said if we were 6 points away from breaking into the playoffs would we write of our chances?
But did we ever make it? :facepalm:

Also it would imply that we are in some sort of decent form that we could bridge the gap. A lot of the games from now until the end of the season are going to be must win fixtures if we are to stay up.

The Reverend Skyblue

I think a team from above the one's mentioned so far may be Watford, or Brighton who are having problems with depth of squad may come into it yet.
I would have said Derby a coulple of weeks ago as they were plummeting like a stone. I will start to get really excited if we beat Brighton and get a draw at West Ham. It is in my nature to jump before one can walk, and i know however hard i try to control it i know i will go bananas if we do get 4 points out of the next two games.

The Rev

Astute

All this 11 wins needed is rubbish. We only need 11 wins if the teams within 5 points of us manage 9 wins, and that is without the teams near the bottom or the teams falling down the table being able to turn things around.

neilyboy67

we just need that bloody win against brighton going into west ham match anything can happen then, confidence and all that

Grendel

All this 11 wins needed is rubbish. We only need 11 wins if the teams within 5 points of us manage 9 wins, and that is without the teams near the bottom or the teams falling down the table being able to turn things around.

Yes I agree - people automatically make an assumption that 50 points is needed. However, if the second half of the season is a replica of the first it will be 42 - 43 points so the requirment is a lot less. The truth is due to SISU apathy Thorn is going nowhere. The other truth is takeover talk is merely heresay and somehow the club has to survive in this division as otherwise we are done for. So if we beat Brighton and end the year 2 points from safety is as good as we can hope for. Let's hope we get a reasonable crowd to make this happen.

Marty

We were relegated before a ball was kicked this season, nothing will change unless the squad is vastly improved. This is by far the worst squad of players, playing some of the worst football i've ever watched and with the likely sales of Cranie, Clingan & Lukas, it isn't going to get any better. Winning now is just delaying the inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread