Does Robins lack ambition ? (1 Viewer)

Deity

We have drawn 6 matches this season giving us 6 points. We would have been better to have been less cautious, won2, drew 1 and lost 3…. Giving us 7 points.

yesterday with Norwich barely getting out of their own half we played 3 centre half’s , even bringing on Binks to freshen up that back 3. Why ? Who were they all supposed to mark ??

We could have brought Godden on in addition to Wright and Simms, we could have thrown on Ubika, but instead we added Joel and Binks …

In the end a Norwich own goal got us a much deserved point, frankly we deserved 3, but when you are at home and dominant surely we need to be less cautious, less rigid to a formation and crank the pressure up another notch or two ??

skybluecam

we could have thrown on Ubika
A striker so good you don’t even know his name.

If anything our issue is defensive. Hull and Huddersfield we threw away wins late on, Swansea we took the lead. Watford would have been a win if we didn’t concede silly goals.

Deity

And we could have 6 less points - I’d rather be harder to beat and drawing games, it gives us something to build on and indicates we can and will improve.
This approach is the very definition of caution. Glass half empty.

There was a reason that Fergie Time existed when United were in their pomp. They would relentlessly go for the win. A draw wasn’t enough if you wanted to win the league.

Deity

A striker so good you don’t even know his name.

If anything our issue is defensive. Hull and Huddersfield we threw away wins late on, Swansea we took the lead. Watford would have been a win if we didn’t concede silly goals.
If you don’t push on to get another goal and create at least a 2 goal advantage you leave yourself wide open to conceding one and having to settle for a point.

Brighton Sky Blue

There was a reason that Fergie Time existed when United were in their pomp. They would relentlessly go for the win. A draw wasn’t enough if you wanted to win the league.
When you're leading 1-0 with seconds to go I'd say caution is very much the order of the day.

Evo1883

We have drawn 6 matches this season giving us 6 points. We would have been better to have been less cautious, won2, drew 1 and lost 3…. Giving us 7 points.

yesterday with Norwich barely getting out of their own half we played 3 centre half’s , even bringing on Binks to freshen up that back 3. Why ? Who were they all supposed to mark ??

We could have brought Godden on in addition to Wright and Simms, we could have thrown on Ubika, but instead we added Joel and Binks …

In the end a Norwich own goal got us a much deserved point, frankly we deserved 3, but when you are at home and dominant surely we need to be less cautious, less rigid to a formation and crank the pressure up another notch or two ??

GIF by Schitt's Creek

Sick Boy

I’d rather have points than not and we’re hardly like Man Utd in their pomp.

Deity

This , could be sat here in 3rd place pretty much
So if we had been more ambitious and pushed for d second goal we might be third ?. We know being less ambitious and cautious led to us conceding and we are 13th.

SlowerThanPlatt

If you don’t push on to get another goal and create at least a 2 goal advantage you leave yourself wide open to conceding one and having to settle for a point.
Have you watched Obikwu play before? I have on many an occasion, what attributes do you think he has?

Deity

I’d rather have points than not and we’re hardly like Man Utd in their pomp.
I’m not suggesting we are Man Utd.
I’m suggesting that if you want to get promoted you need to be brave enough to try to turn a draw into a win. Sometimes it will pay off sometimes it won’t but mathematically you only need to win 2 of the 6 matches to be no worse off.

skybluepm2

I think by Robins tinkering the team and bringing on the subs that he did yesterday, we had them on the racks for the final 15/20. If the cretin in the middle of the park had actually allowed the allotted time he should’ve done, I’m fairly confident we’d have won it, and deservedly so.

covcity4life

The 3cbs are a big part of how we attack too it should be noted. They push up to halfway line and in a sense act as midfielders almost. The wide ones especially have more freedom to get forward. Kithcing overlapped to cross from byline yesterday

Flying Fokker

Did you see how Norwich played when they beat us 4-2?

long way home

Robins last season had to deal with ground issues and losing COH last training session before kick off who was a massive part in his plan. This season he has had to deal with losing 2 of the best players in the league, blending 11 new players in from different cultures and different standards as well as dealing injuries to key players......

And you know what, every stat we have improved again. The proof is in the pudding don't over analyze it, Robins is a manager that is never up with wins and never down with loses, gaining points and building belief is key. He is very confident in his way of doing things and his job is to get players to believe in him and his plan. Losing doesn't help that or the inconsistency of losing a lot of games either. This league is tough as its ever been, slow and steady could be the way to go, building towards the end of the season will be beneficial.

SBAndy

To add to my previous point, centre backs aren’t solely there to mark people.

slowpoke

We are better off points wise now than we were this time last season, with basically a new team and some of our better players out injured. I agree we have probably chucked away 4/6 points but that’s probably the price of bedding in new players.
We will get better.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Good grief, Mark Robins has had to rebuild the team AGAIN this season, have some patience.

covboy9

Robins has made some mistakes the signings haven’t hit the ground running it will take time but signed too many defenders and not enough midfielders the squad is unbalanced

did robins really think Kelly and palmer would play all season?? The injuries have hurt us but we are a midtable side looking up and rebuilding a bit, I’d rather be rock bottom in the prem tho! Was always gonna be a hangover from last season

we’ve lost twice so are hard to beat turn a few draws into wins up the league we go we’ll improve

covboy9

I don’t think this is a bad post

Robinshio

we played bloody well yesterday
get our full team back and we are on the march
I could trust the experts on here, or Mark Robins ....... now let me think !!

BlueSkiesForever

I think Robins actually made some decent changes for once, I admit seeing Obikwu would have been interesting but I suppose it’s only fair Godden came on. I think brining Lati into midfield and switching Saka over to the left was a great move by Robins and something I didn’t expect him to do.
Whilst I do slate our midfield for not dribbling more and taking on defenders I think with our current injuries it’s hard to see what more we could have done, the likes of Eccles and Lati don’t really have that level of confidence or ability in them yet.
We played well we just lack that creative spark and confidence going forward. I’m hoping with O’Hare and Sheaf back we’ll see a more rounded side.

Evo1883

I think Robins actually made some decent changes for once, I admit seeing Obikwu would have been interesting but I suppose it’s only fair Godden came on. I think brining Lati into midfield and switching Saka over to the left was a great move by Robins and something I didn’t expect him to do.
Whilst I do slate our midfield for not dribbling more and taking on defenders I think with our current injuries it’s hard to see what more we could have done, the likes of Eccles and Lati don’t really have that level of confidence or ability in them yet.
We played well we just lack that creative spark and confidence going forward. I’m hoping with O’Hare and Sheaf back we’ll see a more rounded side.

Robins has made many great changes , that's why we won so many late points in recent years

hill83

shock-robot.gif

Users who are viewing this thread