Does Robbins chop and change to much? (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Knowl has posted on Twitter about the number of changes made by Robbins being a problem, and a reason for disappointment. Venture to differ

V Notts County August 2017: O'Brien: Grimmer Hyam McDonald Stokes: Vincenti Kelly Doyle Jones: McNulty Beavon
The ideal starting line-up would have had Willis for Hyam I assume.

Robbins’ probably ideal starting line-up 1st Jan 2018: Burge: Grimmer Willis McDonald Stokes: Jones Kelly Doyle Bayliss: McNulty Biamou

So
Burge replaces O’Brien after two howlers and deservedly keeps his place
Bayliss replaces Vincenti – he’s a bright new prospect
Biamou has replaced Beavon although only keeps his place for want of anything better

Otherwise they are identical. All other changes forced by injury. Andreu? I have always been puzzled as to where he fits in Once you have Kelly/Doyle plus two strikers and given the belief (correctly) in the need for pace and skill on the flanks where is the space? Wasn’t he a case of high expectations, then disappointing performance, no matter how brief followed by unwarranted fond memory?

The side v Notts County only had Stokes, Jones and Beavon from the previous season – this lack of familiarity might be the reason for patchy performance (and the very conservative set up with two holding midfielders)

Otis

No, I don't think it is that much of a problem. If anything, people have been moaning he keeps picking players who should have been dropped.

He has stuck by Burge and by Grimmer and pretty much much stuck by Willis and McDonald and Stokes has been pretty stable, only coming out because he was below par. I don't see how anyone can criticise MR for that.

He has stuck by Doyle and had been doing so by Kelly too and has stuck pretty much with Biamou and McNulty as well.

I don't see the problem there unfortunately. Been a few little changes here and there (Vincenti/DKE), but usually if players come in a does well they keep their place and that's the way it should be.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I know where you’re coming from and I suppose in a 46 game season he is going to have to use the whole squad, which can be healthy for competition. Every time Hyam and Davies have been drafted in due to injury or suspension, I think they’ve fitted in seemlessly and looked ready to go, which is brilliant.

On a side note - I love how much Biamou polarises opinion on both SBT, Facebook and Twitter! A day doesn’t go past when there’s not an argument about his work rate or lack of goals hahaha

Otis

I know where you’re coming from and I suppose in a 46 game season he is going to have to use the whole squad, which can be healthy for competition. Every time Hyam and Davies have been drafted in due to injury or suspension, I think they’ve fitted in seemlessly and looked ready to go, which is brilliant.

On a side note - I love how much Biamou polarises opinion on both SBT, Facebook and Twitter! A day doesn’t go past when there’s not an argument about his work rate or lack of goals hahaha
Yeah, he's the hardest working lazy git ever known to the club.

Adge

Apart from his goals I think he is a much better player than Tudgay ever was
When watching the likes of Tudgay and Fortune last year-I never dreamed we would be watching worse this season.

BackRoomRummermill

He is not idle but clueless , the off side goal he scored against Carlisle proof. He is not aware of the bigger picture BUT he gets in the way like no one else can so if that’s a bonus run him along for now . He he scores now it will surprise him , but I hope he does as he does give 100%

BackRoomRummermill

From a current like for like point of view the defence is as good in a league as I have ever seen.

I also want to praise Doyle he does the dirty work and a bit taken for granted, we are better for his prescence

Users who are viewing this thread