Does platt deserve a new contract? (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

He is certainly helping Mancini deal with the 'mind games'.

Oh wait Clive Platt, yes most definitely, future Coventry manager perhaps!?

SKYBLUESDUNK

Yes of course he does, granted he has had his off games this season, but he has given his all this season, played some very good games and you can't fault his commitment. So I'd hope he stays.

enefer_ccfc

thoroughly deserves a new contract, his work ethic is first class imo.

just down to whether thorn wants to keep the option of a target man, if we stay up i think he'll want to completely focus on reverting to a passing style of football

Otis

Depends what division we are in.

He does seem to be a postive influence in and around the dressing room though, so maybe we could keep him here in another capacity.

dongonzalos

In the role he plays he does not sprint up and down the pitch, so I think he could do another season in either division.
With a mixture of starting or coming on as a sub if we need the ball to stick up front, when we are under pressure.
Hats off to AB for that signing, although I did hear that AT actually was behind it all even though AB was Platts previous manager. ;)

rob9872

Would love to see him stay but would hate to think that he is to be our first option. Definitely for the squad and capable of filling in or coming off the bench. Must have pace and skill alongside him or we will have nothing to offer.

SBS

I think if the rest of the team showed the same level of commitment and determination that Platt does week in week out, then we would be a lot higher up the table. Reckon he'll make a great coach/manager in the future as well, so yes.

Lord_Nampil

Legends day last week some one mentioned who out the current crop will be coming back to legends day in 10-20 years time, you have you obvs Macca and Keogh but i also think Platt would be as well, hes one of them players who i think give 100 % every time they put the shirt on. He should get the same contract again, 1 year with a 2nd year option...

stupot07

Not sure, he'll be 35 in October. If he was a bit more of a goal threat, like a Steve Howard, then it would be a no brainer.

The CableGuy

Sure, he's had off days but less than the majority of his team-mates this season. As a senior player, he sets a fine example to the younger players.

Performs well on the pitch. Sets a good example on and off it. Talks a LOT of sense when dealing with the press.

Well worth another year, regardless of what league were in. If we do go down, his League 1 experience could prove vital for us.

Astute

I'd certainly give him one more year - he hasn't shown any signs of getting old.

Other than not being able to play 2 games a week.

He has done a very good job for us this season. I would be very happy to have him for another season as long as the plan is not to have him as our main attacking threat. He does not score enough goals for this matter, and goals win games.

I'd certainly give him one more year - he hasn't shown any signs of getting old.

So he will be 35 this year !!! - handles his fitness and stamina well and defo deserves another contract IMO.

Must be a nightmare to mark hence usually three players hanging from his neck and despite the opposition dressing room tactics of "Get Platty" he continually puts in serious shifts for CCFC.

Has leadership qualities, articulate when talking to media and commands respect from players and fans alike - future management roles beckon for our Plattini.

Well played Clive you are a gem.

PUSB

torchomatic

I would say yes whatever division we are in.

Johnnythespider

Is he really 35, that has surprised me, i say yes whatever league we end up in. Every team needs a tree in it :)

jabharty

He seems to have sprung to life with Nimely, so we need a Nimely-esque player to sit along side him.
His partnership with Nimely has been golden. The question really should be: Will Nimely stay? or Who can partner Plattini?
But, yes, definitely give him a contract.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Has had a decent season - always puts everything in that he has to give. Yes another year but as a squad player not the focus of our attacking game - we need a goal scorer and that is not what Platt is. Having heard him interviewed I can imagine he is a positive force in the dressing room and that is needed especially with so many young players

On the basis of who we have already given contracts - Bell, McPake, Baker etc and he has out performed all of them this season - so yes another year

Westchester76

Without a doubt yes- Even in the best circumstances, in that we stay up, Hoffman takes over and there is cash available. He would be an excellent guy to have on the bench, and to start certain games. As someone said before his game isn't reliant on pace at all so being 35 shouldn't change him in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread