Does Anyone Remember 'Happy' and His Regular Coach to Away Games? (1 Viewer)

Remember the Maine Road thing being in the papers (notably The Sun) and seeing one or two faces in the photos. Whenever I travelled I used to see a dark haired guy with a pony tail (in the Sun photo) who always seemed to be part of a middle aged crew. Saw him at Notts County away last year, and when I described him to one or two old City fans who travelled a lot, they instantly knew him as some sort of 'leader' of a crew - he looks like he's had a drink or two over the years, judging by the ruddiness (no offence :( if you're some mad axeman!). Anybody know who he is? Seen him all over the place over the years - Southampton, Sheffield, Swindon (anywhere beginning with an S!)

Not sure who the guy described above is, but do know that if you're planning on going to Swindon away this season (21st December I think) bring your hard hats.
We have developed a bit of a rivalry with them, they are seen as the new QPR (after the incidents in the Ibizia tournament few years back). Last season as the Ricoh Swindon took about 200 nutters down to an arranged 'meet'.
Police were on top of things on this occasion, thankfully. But I'm under the impression future fixtures with Swindon will be interesting.

Last edited:

Samo

Its hard to feel intimidated tbh! Swindon Nutters, is that a health shop? :(

Its hard to feel intimidated tbh! Swindon Nutters, is that a health shop? :(

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...384728.1073741825.175974659727&type=3&theater

That's a pic of Swindon at cov last season, huge police presence though helicopter out for the only time that season.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151488104839728.1073741827.175974659727&type=3

A few good pictures there of Cov old and new.

Should all be able to access the above Facebook links without an account.

Astute

Not sure who the guy described above is, but do know that if you're planning on going to Swindon away this season (21st December I think) bring your hard hats.
We have developed a bit of a rivalry with them, they are seen as the new QPR (after the incidents in the Ibizia tournament few years back). Last season as the Ricoh Swindon took about 200 nutters down to an arranged 'meet'.
Police were on top of things on this occasion, thankfully. But I'm under the impression future fixtures with Swindon will be interesting.

Was planning to take my little boy to his first ever game to this one. He is 4 in 11 days. Maybe I will leave him with the strife and go without him :(

Spionkop

Grown men getting all misty eyed about 'rucks' and 'rumbles' - saints preserve us.
It was a time that wrecked football, turned thousands away, forced clubs to put up fences, even cost CCFC a season in Europe in 1987.
Look at the crowd figures for this era, pathetically low. Why? Simply because of little shits acting the hard man. All bollocks.
Nothing to do with football.

fernandopartridge

Remember the Maine Road thing being in the papers (notably The Sun) and seeing one or two faces in the photos. Whenever I travelled I used to see a dark haired guy with a pony tail (in the Sun photo) who always seemed to be part of a middle aged crew. Saw him at Notts County away last year, and when I described him to one or two old City fans who travelled a lot, they instantly knew him as some sort of 'leader' of a crew - he looks like he's had a drink or two over the years, judging by the ruddiness (no offence :( if you're some mad axeman!). Anybody know who he is? Seen him all over the place over the years - Southampton, Sheffield, Swindon (anywhere beginning with an S!)

Yes I know the bloke.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I was at that Maine Road game & was well fucked off by the behaviour of some of the "Cov Legion"....mainly cos we got locked in after the game & I had places to be......not to mention my car was parked on a back street in the middle of moss side....

You could tell there were a lot of gobby little twats who wanted to be Danny Dyer involved by then.....all over-priced shitty jumpers & hot air.....stupid pricks.

thaiskyblue

Yes I know the bloke.
good mate of mine, not a leader just one of the lads, has followed city every where since early 70's.Not a "mad axe man," lol, a perfect gentleman, nicknamed by me Jesus absolute mellow fellow who just "never took any shit ", which back when we were going was constant every where you went including the police .

thaiskyblue

not at sickfields.no chance.

jimmyhillsfanclub

times have changed swindon have a tasty firm, while most clubs don't bother any more, swindon are bang up for it,

....looking at them in that facebook photo, I reckon the kids down my local park could sort them out.

Modern hoolies....All expansive gestures & "designer labels" that are at least 10 years behind the times.....Sad pathetic socially retarded twats.

thaiskyblue

....looking at them in that facebook photo, I reckon the kids down my local park could sort them out.

Modern hoolies....All expansive gestures & "designer labels" that are at least 10 years behind the times.....Sad pathetic socially retarded twats.
not been into it for about 15 years, nowdays all danny dyer wannabees , cyber warriors , more posturing than anything else, in the old days ( thank fully over ), massive toe to toe offs every week, there was no posing then, lets be thank full it's mainly in the past.

duffer

Grown men getting all misty eyed about 'rucks' and 'rumbles' - saints preserve us.
It was a time that wrecked football, turned thousands away, forced clubs to put up fences, even cost CCFC a season in Europe in 1987.
Look at the crowd figures for this era, pathetically low. Why? Simply because of little shits acting the hard man. All bollocks.
Nothing to do with football.

Yep, got to admit that's about my take on it too. If you've got an unbearable urge to scrap, my suggestion is to take up boxing. I tried it, got battered, realised I wasn't as hard or brave as I thought, and left much the wiser.

I don't really have a great deal of respect for the hoolies. There's undoubtedly a few very handy blokes in there but most of them are only hard when they're in a crowd - anyone can hit someone and run away. Plus it ruins the day for those of us that want to either take our kids or be left to drink and wander around in peace. The 80's weren't great in that sense, I'm glad things have got better.

ricohroar

The Russians have it right. Meet in a field, no where near anyone who doesn't want to get involved, equal numbers and just go at it. [video=youtube;lQjIe_YFZ1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQjIe_YFZ1g[/video]

LB87ccfc

Not seen the Swindon picture on FB, will have a look later, but here is what happened with Swindon - "The Facts" - 12-14 Our lads came out the ground, coach had disapeared and where told to cross over near the roundabout, then walked into 50+ young swindon with a few older in the mix, one mouthed off, cov lad digged one in the chops and for the next 10 15 minutes you had missiles, a few handy wannabees throwing arms around, nothing like the dark ages, but enough, one our lads was bricked which did not go down too well, Cov took none the usual suspects as they was on a stag party in Blackpool that day, however, word got back up here about our youngens been bricked, and could of been worse if it was not for one our "lads" standing firm like muhammed ali, wont mention his name., and hence the big presence of Swindon at the Ricoh.. Swindon had 100 out plus the youth out that day, cov had no word of a lie, easily 300+ scattered around, 200 were marched and kept under police guard at the wheatchief.

This has obviously escalated a little, swindon have been active for a good 5 6 years and were called the scum of league two whilst in that division, however, there youth were all dawn raided over 3 weeks ago after trouble at Brentford and they took fook all to Wolves away as a result of this.

Swindon away will create interest but its nothing like it used to be, just if you go, be on your guard as they do fancy themselves.

LB87ccfc

Does anyone remember Hull City in the Cola Cola Cup on a tuesday night at HR.. They was winning and all disappeared with 10 minutes to go, next thing is they are in the WT casuing havoc, it was pitch black and glass was going everywhere

ricohroar

I sat in the WT for Hull at HR. We won 3-0, they walk in the middle of WT and chanted "the Tigers" which got a 3-0 3-0 3-0 reply from Cov. They were right next to me and I was about 14, so I moved quickly aside, there was only about 10 Hull in there and not a great deal of Cov, ground was half empty, I didnt see any fighting though, just sort of had no response inside, at least while the game was on, I went home after lol..

LB87ccfc

Halve that and take about 20 off and you'd be closer.

You and throughthickandthin obviously very miss informed, however, believe what you wish I dont really care tbh, all I know is there was 100+ outside the wheatchief long before the police marched over 150+ up to it and barracaded everyone there, not to mention the 50+ strong in the City Centre and numerous city scattered across the other pubs ready to pick swindon off.

Swindon brought two coaches of lads that day that was it, none this 200 nutters nonsense bandited around, that was confirmed from one their lads who was advised to swiftly take his mates away from the wheatchief at 11:00 that morning.

Cov had more out that day than anyone such as leicester at home etc that is FACT not Fiction.

LB87ccfc

I sat in the WT for Hull at HR. We won 3-0, they walk in the middle of WT and chanted "the Tigers" which got a 3-0 3-0 3-0 reply from Cov. They were right next to me and I was about 14, so I moved quickly aside, there was only about 10 Hull in there and not a great deal of Cov, ground was half empty, I didnt see any fighting though, just sort of had no response inside, at least while the game was on, I went home after lol..

I remember alot of arms flying around and glass, and alot of Hull running backwards in the end not much else though...

LB87ccfc

You and throughthickandthin obviously very miss informed, however, believe what you wish I dont really care tbh, all I know is there was 100+ outside the wheatchief long before the police marched over 150+ up to it and barracaded everyone there, not to mention the 50+ strong in the City Centre and numerous city scattered across the other pubs ready to pick swindon off.

Swindon brought two coaches of lads that day that was it, none this 200 nutters nonsense bandited around, that was confirmed from one their lads who was advised to swiftly take his mates away from the wheatchief at 11:00 that morning.

Cov had more out that day than anyone such as leicester at home etc that is FACT not Fiction.

Also when it came to the meet, swindon were a no show, apart from the ones who got served up at the train station on the way home afterwards...

fernandopartridge

There were about 80 out mate. I've not been misinformed as I saw it for myself. Probably more at the Wheatsheaf after but that doesn't really matter.

LB87ccfc

Anyway Fernando why the hell we commenting on swindon ... lol think about it, I will just take my medicine, their a fuck all club with a bunch of fannys in all honesty who think they got a result picking on 14 blokes in their 40s 50s and a couple of teenagers...

The facebook picture I linked earlier in this thread shows more than two coaches of swindon lads in one of the streets surrounding the ricoh and I didn't hear of anyone getting 'served up' at the train station.

I doubt Cov would be able to pull out 300 lads these days and if they did a lot of it would consist of kids.

fernandopartridge

Anyway Fernando why the hell we commenting on swindon ... lol think about it, I will just take my medicine, their a fuck all club with a bunch of fannys in all honesty who think they got a result picking on 14 blokes in their 40s 50s and a couple of teenagers...

Fair one mate, from what I hear the old boys did OK considering the odds anyway.

Think a lot of cov shirters will get attacked by swindon in December unless a lot of cov lads travel over.

LB87ccfc

The facebook picture I linked earlier in this thread shows more than two coaches of swindon lads in one of the streets surrounding the ricoh and I didn't hear of anyone getting 'served up' at the train station.

I doubt Cov would be able to pull out 300 lads these days and if they did a lot of it would consist of kids.

They got a seeing too at the Train Station that is fact, nothing too major though..

As stated before, swindon main element is youth, and over 60 were dawn raided for a brawl down at brentford and all facing banning orders, hence no show anywhere this season including wolves which I would of thought they would of took a few too.

The main lads came on coach, the picture may show more, I have not viewed it yet, but the real core element consisted of two coaches, the others are the hangers on..

LB87ccfc

Think a lot of cov shirters will get attacked by swindon in December unless a lot of cov lads travel over.

Shirters were attacked in the first place, only 4 5 of the party attacked have been and seen it before, usually this party attacked travel, but alot our boys who know the score, did not bother travelling and went on a stag do.

And yes, unless the lads travel down then there is a cause for concern as this lot dont really care who wearing what.

LB87ccfc

Sad in this day and age, me personally, Police have it well and truly on top and its not like the 70s and 80s like this thread was supposed to be about.

Users who are viewing this thread