Documentary Thread (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

Someone's copy and pasted a lot of documentaries together to make their own.

Two hours of your time but well worth every second. This has been made with some passion.

This is just glorious.

fernandopartridge

On BBC 2 tonight at 9.00 a programme/documentary is about a murder in a park in Coventry. Forensics: The Real CSI

I watched that last night. Growing up in the general area you always had to keep your wits about you to an extent, but there was never a gang culture or the fear of knife crime, particularly among young teenagers. R.I.P. to the young lad who was killed.

bringbackrattles

I watched that last night. Growing up in the general area you always had to keep your wits about you to an extent, but there was never a gang culture or the fear of knife crime, particularly among young teenagers. R.I.P. to the young lad who was killed.
I lived in Bell Green for 20 years,and met some great people,and some have become good friends. But the decline in the area especially where I lived in Riley Square was depressing, and we were told our block of flats were to be knocked down, and then the square would be developed with top quality shops and apartments etc. That was nearly 3 years ago but still everything remains the same. The block I lived in became a place for youths to congregate, some homeless slept in the stairwells, and dealers would stop you at all hours asking if you needed any drugs ? We were told we could move and be top priority as the block was going to be pulled down, although it still remains. I took up the offer and got compensation, and now live elsewhere.
Instead of demolishing the flats they have put in homeless people in there now, and still life goes on the same. It could be a great place to live,but the powers that be really couldn't care less.

skybluetony176

Been watching a few documentaries on the IOM TT and road racing in general. There’s a few on Prime. Road is really good, it’s about Joey and Robert Dunlop mainly although William and Michael come into it.
David Jeffries The TT wins also worth a watch. Not the household names the Dunlop’s are but if he hadn’t tragically been killed at IOM he certainly would have been, still one of the greats.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The Frank Bruno mike Tyson one is on sky from Friday

CCFCSteve

The last dance - Michael jordan - Netflix
Tiger (woods) - sky docs
Calzaghe - Prime
Icarus - Netflix
Screwball - Netflix
Storyville (Red Penguins) - bbc iPlayer
You cannot kill David Arquette - sky docs
Also Lance (Armstrong) - sky docs - not bad but he had an influence in the editing ! Loads of others about him/cycling - Pantani on sky docs is another

I don’t just watch sports docs by the way 😊...just these all sprang to mind and have mentioned others on other threads before (Operation Odessa and Studio 54) Sky crime and sky docs are both really good

Rich

The last dance - Michael jordan - Netflix
Tiger (woods) - sky docs
Calzaghe - Prime
Icarus - Netflix
Screwball - Netflix
Storyville (Red Penguins) - bbc iPlayer
You cannot kill David Arquette - sky docs
Also Lance (Armstrong) - sky docs - not bad but he had an influence in the editing ! Loads of others about him/cycling - Pantani on sky docs is another

I don’t just watch sports docs by the way 😊...just these all sprang to mind and have mentioned others on other threads before (Operation Odessa and Studio 54) Sky crime and sky docs are both really good
Didn't he choose the right time and subject for Icarus. I bet the doc turned out differently to the way intended.

wingy

So long as your constitution is ok .
I've just watched this.
Haven't watched the first five but apparently via BBC.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The kingmaker . It’s about Imelda Marcos and her family’s dealings

Sky_Blue_Daz

Inmate number one , about Mexican actor Danny Trejo. Fascinating story

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just watched this now. Madness!

Also, the Andre The Giant documentary on Sky. Very good. He had a very tragic life.
Watched that a while ago , could t believe how athletic he was as a younger man despite his frame . Hoping to see a warts an all documentary about Vince McMahon at some point , I’m sure there’s a lot of skeletons in his cupboard

CCFCSteve

The Dissident (Prime) - about the journalist assassinated in Saudi consulate in Turkey
Storyville - Silk Road: drugs death and dark web (i player) - if anyone’s read American Kingpin, pretty much that in a doc. Fascinating story

Users who are viewing this thread