Do you want to discuss boring politics? (14 Viewers)

Grendel

Good politics

"One Labour MP said there was significant anger among some women in the party. “Most of us on the backbenches struggle to get any contact at all from the Labour leader or his team – perhaps if we were to stand in front of a few more flags or join the [European Research Group]?”

An MP on the left of the party added: “I think many in the party think it’s disgusting, that we don’t need people like that in the Labour party, and that she is absolutely vile … Who in their right mind thought this was helpful?”

Grendel

I mean I've got more in my left little toe than you have in your entire body that's for sure (though I suppose Islamaphobia is a principle of sorts).

So you support a party that has an "Islamaphobe" as an MP?

Ian1779

It's a pretty easy short term win for Labour really.

The average person on the street won't know who she is or what she stands for, but they will take notice of 'Tory MP defects to Labour and calls Sunak and the Tories useless cunts'.

She's standing down anyway, and Starmer will have her on a short leash until then.

It's not a shift in labour ideology, it's simply another vehicle to stick the boot into the Tories.

The usual crowd won't like it of course but it's pretty obviously good politics.
IMG_0105.jpeg

Grendel

You literally voted for an Islamaphobe to be PM.

He will be in the Labour Party soon -- good politics

clint van damme

I know that winning votes and winning elections does seem very far fetched and conspiracy theory-esque to Corbynites such as yourself.

I've got a wacky conspiracy theory, Keith invited an anti immigration tory who interfered in a rape trial in to the Labour Party, ridiculous I know.

Grendel

I've got a wacky conspiracy theory, Keith invited an anti immigration tory who interfered in a rape trial in to the Labour Party, ridiculous I know.
#goodpolitics

David O'Day

What's the limit to 'giving Sunak a kicking'?

Would you accept Farage into the party? Maybe if Labour bought out policy to export every non-white? That would give him a right kicking.
Labours immigration policy hasn't changed and it is to cancel Rwanda flights, work with France and to open safe channels.

Liquid Gold

I know that winning votes and winning elections does seem very far fetched and conspiracy theory-esque to Corbynites such as yourself'.
Doesn't matter how you win, on what platform, who with or what you're planning on implementing. Just the winning.

Like football to you lot. Not a principle beyond 'my team is the best'.

David O'Day

'Magic Grandpa' an obsolete classic giveaway. You're in a personality cult so you assume everybody else is. Enjoy 'Racist Stepdad'
what is the point of politics if you can't win

you can't change anything if the public will not vote for you

Liquid Gold

I hate to be the one to break it to you but that is quite literally politics.
The current UK is made-up entirely in the image of Nigel Farage and UKIP and he never once won a UK election or a seat in parliment. He stuck to his principles (however odious I find them) and drilled them into the public at every opportunity.

clint van damme

So very 6th form, meanwhile in the real world this is seen as a good bit of politics.

It my be good politics, though that's debatable, but I think accepting a character like this into the party isn't a good look, if that's 'very 6th form' so be it.
As someone posted earlier, a lot of Labour women not happy, it's not really surprising.

It won't add a seat and he's going to win anyway, terrible messaging.

David O'Day

It my be good politics, though that's debatable, but I think accepting a character like this into the party isn't a good look, if that's 'very 6th form' so be it.
As someone posted earlier, a lot of Labour women not happy, it's not really surprising.

It won't add a seat and he's going to win anyway, terrible messaging.
It's not debatable in the slightest

David O'Day

See post above
I did, there is no point in being in politics if you can't win.

If you don't win you will never have the power to try and implement anything.

She a c**t but she is standing down and she takes lots of the sting out the oncoming tory immigration attacks.

It's grubby but it makes sense from a winning an election view.

PVA

I did, there is no point in being in politics if you can't win.

If you don't win you will never have the power to try and implement anything.

But why do that when you can be in opposition and shout from the sidelines for 14 years, that's the way to really make change.

Ian1779

But why do that when you can be in opposition and shout from the sidelines for 14 years, that's the way to really make change.
It’s hilarious making out like you’re going to be part of some kind of meaningful change.

Starmer would turn into Adam Sutler if he thought it would give him power.

PVA

It’s hilarious making out like you’re going to be part of some kind of meaningful change.

Starmer would turn into Adam Sutler if he thought it would give him power.

So what would you rather?

- give Starmer a chance to make change (whether you think he actually will or not)
- four more years of Sunak and Co

Like it or not that's your two choices.

Grendel

I’m amazed the Labour Party need to sign up Natalie Elphike to win an election

Grendel

So what would you rather?

- give Starmer a chance to make change (whether you think he actually will or not)
- four more years of Sunak and Co

Like it or not that's your two choices.

So signing up Nat was needed to make a change?

Users who are viewing this thread