Do you want to discuss boring politics? (35 Viewers)

shmmeee

Philosorapter

No thanks to the crock of shit political parties with the lack of financial help when I needed it.

Body is still aching like fuck, but I am hoping that fitness will take over and sort that out. Fingers crossed.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No thanks to the crock of shit government with the lack of financial help when I needed it.

Body is still aching like fuck, but I am hoping that fitness will take over and sort that out. Fingers crossed.
Fixed for you.

Best wishes for your recovery anyway.

skybluetony176

Telegraph trying to immediately claw it back

It’s all they’ve got. I’m reminded of that running joke Baddiel and Skinner used to make about Alan Ball when he was a manager. Your team lost today Alan what do you have to say, I won the World Cup. Your team is in the bottom 3 Alan what do you have to say, I won the World Cup. Your team is 6 points from safety with 3 games to play Alan what do you have to say. I won the World Cup. Your team has just been relegated Alan what do you have to say. I won World Cup.

We got brexit done is now becoming the standard answer from the government and it’s mouthpieces. Even though they haven’t got brexit done.

Hertsccfc

It’s all they’ve got. I’m reminded of that running joke Baddiel and Skinner used to make about Alan Ball when he was a manager. Your team lost today Alan what do you have to say, I won the World Cup. Your team is in the bottom 3 Alan what do you have to say, I won the World Cup. Your team is 6 points from safety with 3 games to play Alan what do you have to say. I won the World Cup. Your team has just been relegated Alan what do you have to say. I won World Cup.

We got brexit done is now becoming the standard answer from the government and it’s mouthpieces. Even though they haven’t got brexit done.
And Brexit is a disaster.

The fact that Starmer opposed it fipor so long us why we should trust his judgement.

Ian1779

And Brexit is a disaster.

The fact that Starmer opposed it fipor so long us why we should trust his judgement.
Except he didn’t - in fact as late as mid 2018 he was warning that Labour adopting a 2nd Ref position would tear the party and it’s support apart.

Right about something at least.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well, there's the proof the UK is corrupt. Johnson has said it isn't.

Amazed that the question has been asked now over the (in the grand scheme of things) minor corruption of MP's second jobs. Not on the giving contracts to your mates no questions asked, giving well-paid jobs to an MP's wife, allowing the City to be used for money laundering, it's territories to be used for tax avoidance, buying seats in the Lords...

Also laughable where he says "I think what you have got is cases where, sadly, MPs have broken the rules in the past, may be guilty of breaking the rules today. What I want to see is them facing appropriate sanctions."

He's going to be a busy boy facing all those proceedings. Will really cut into his shagging time.

Still, that's what happens when you put a clown in charge. Everyone laughs at you and doesn't take you seriously.

shmmeee

Pathetic meddling,one of the best routes for technical qualifications,then route into HE.

Education system is to blame here. Too many places saw BTECs as an easy version of GCSE and basically cut the entire vocational aspect out and did all classroom learning.

We need to look at health and safety and insurance rules and links with industry so these T Levels are actually worthwhile. I did BTECs over A-Levels as an apprentice with learning mixed with on the job and lots of practical learning and they were fantastic but some of the stuff you see schools and colleges delivering are a joke.

wingy

Education system is to blame here. Too many places saw BTECs as an easy version of GCSE and basically cut the entire vocational aspect out and did all classroom learning.

We need to look at health and safety and insurance rules and links with industry so these T Levels are actually worthwhile. I did BTECs over A-Levels as an apprentice with learning mixed with on the job and lots of practical learning and they were fantastic but some of the stuff you see schools and colleges delivering are a joke.
Yeah understand that in job learning and advancement was really of value to what was a slightly mature student over one day and then an evening.
I get what you mean over A levels as majority on the course were 18ish apart from two of us tradesmen at around 25.
But it Incorporated around 15 different element's.

Ian1779

Schools chasing results for league tables and meeting Oftsed and MAT thresholds has meant kids being given ‘easy’ BTEC’s to get points banked, and in many cases, students are given little to no choice in doing them, never mind having the choice of suitable options.

Evo1883

China and India when asked to help save the planet
giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He seems genuinely upset at how things have gone at Cop26. Which is a concern.

At least he seems genuinely upset.

To be honest did anyone really expect this to lead to anything new that the countries had any real intention of sticking to? It seems to be that the entire point of these things is not to do something but to be seen to be doing something. Words not action. A chance for these politicians to put themselves in the spotlight.

From before it started China and Russia said they weren't turning up and Australia pretty much only turned up because the queen criticised nations that weren't doing anything. Every nation was trying to water down some part of any agreement based on their own industries rather than actually making an impact and the world is full of leaders who only see economic growth as important. So with all that it should come as no surprise the entire thing was a washout. Possibly the last chance to save ourselves from an horrific future and the leaders of the world just turned around and went "nah, you're alright".

I don't feel disappointed at what's occurred because we've got exactly what I thought we'd get out of it.

I want to feel optimistic about the future generation doing something about it but it'll be 20 years before they're truly in a position to do anything. And in that time will they end up getting swallowed up by life and work like their parents and grandparents were, leaving those whose driving ambitions are purely economic and either don't care or understand what's going to happen in charge?

Users who are viewing this thread