Do you want to discuss boring politics? (15 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

More bothered by the cringe inducing pound shop Yank-ness of it all. We are at our absolute worst when we’re trying to be Seppos. And the so called “patriots” seem to be the worst for it.

Only topped by Biden pretending to be Irish as so many of them do

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Students keeping the culture war going.

Sadly

Con +5

Won't be laughing about it when you're all crying into your cereal after the next general election 🤦‍♂️

Anyway , watching my girls play football against Stratford Town

Students decide to take down a picture of the Queen. Other people make a massive fuss about it so it's mentioned in the press. Who's keeping the 'culture war' going?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would you or drive if given the choice?

If they were attending a conference on modern slavery would you take a load of unpaid interns as your team?

Given the shit Alexander has got up to of course this is nothing, and it will have no bearing on his popularity (maybe Con +1) but it does highlight just how insensitive he is to situations. Unless it's a deliberate F-you to the whole concept of environmental protection because he'd much rather see it paved over.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

i think he probably can, he will just never acknowledge it “in public”.

what is weird to me is how from what I’ve seen he has no issue slating robins, who in my opinion by any measure is doing an exceptional job, and also appears to have no problem slagging off various members of our own playing squad. But at the same time, his politicians can do no wrong whatever they get up to. If one of the politicians he likes appeared on the steps of Downing St dressed as Satan announcing a new policy of culling every first born child, he’d find a way to justify it, probably by saying that that it is in fact better than what they’re doing in France/ Germany/ Italy etc

but life goes on 👍

We do have a problem with over-population...

Hertsccfc

In terms of distance

And by the way I really don't care as you can travel to any country in Europe without a plane .

London to Cornwall is the same distance as london to amsterdam

261 miles

It's only 20 odd miles less than Newcastle to London and people fly up to Newcastle all the time for shit like football .

Nobody cares honestly
I do

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Joe Biden on Cornwall

"It's gorgeous I don't want to go home "

America

To be honest though do you not reckon there'd be a load over here that'd be the same if Johnson said the same in a foreign country.

Those from the left who'd just be quite happy for him to have gone away and those on the right outraged that he's not called wherever he is a backward shithole and he can't wait to get back to good ol' Blighty.

Evo1883

To be honest though do you not reckon there'd be a load over here that'd be the same if Johnson said the same in a foreign country.

Those from the left who'd just be quite happy for him to have gone away and those on the right outraged that he's not called wherever he is a backward shithole and he can't wait to get back to good ol' Blighty.

Not really , everybody knows Cornwall is beautiful .

I guess Biden is just appreciating the surroundings

Evo1883

@Grendel , stop laughing 🤣

giphy.gif

chiefdave

What an amazing coincidence that the two phones both lost any record of the calls and messages.
Details of calls and texts from Home Secretary Priti Patel to a Chief Constable and an Assistant Chief Constable during a blockade of a Murdoch-owned newspaper printing works by Extinction Rebellion (XR) protestors have been deleted, a judge was told today.

The judge was told that Mr Hall’s phone had been updated since the night and all messages and records have been deleted. Assistant Chief Constable Matt Nicholls’ text messages had also been deleted in an “IT glitch”.

wingy

Interesting.

I guess it would negate the move to bring the voting age down to sixteen

I've no particularly strong feelings around this but it has been law for eons.
Does it take a hammer to crack a nut.

The overlap of this policy is pretty Draconian I think to settle what is a cultural issue for various communities?

"Government pledges to raise legal age of marriage to 18 in England and Wales | Child marriage | The Guardian" Government pledges to raise legal age of marriage to 18 in England and Wales | Child marriage | The Guardian

shmmeee

Interesting.

I guess it would negate the move to bring the voting age down to sixteen

I've no particularly strong feelings around this but it has been law for eons.
Does it take a hammer to crack a nut.

The overlap of this policy is pretty Draconian I think to settle what is a cultural issue for various communities?

"Government pledges to raise legal age of marriage to 18 in England and Wales | Child marriage | The Guardian" Government pledges to raise legal age of marriage to 18 in England and Wales | Child marriage | The Guardian

I think it’s nuts you’re allowed to marry at 16 TBH. Always have.

Philosorapter

I simply fail to believe this is possible in any government IT department I’ve come across.

I've worked in quite a few of 'em. Depends on how they are set up. Most of what I came across make a record of everything from a central location and not from the phone. It's laughable what they are saying. Everything is traceable.

Even mobile phones have SIP or VoIP connections to the same landlines when not in the office. One number does all for any one desk.

oakey

I think it’s nuts you’re allowed to marry at 16 TBH. Always have.
This will negate the 'child born out of wedlock' slur forever won't it?
Age of consent is 16 so if a girl legally has sex, aged 16/17, and conceives, she cannot marry until 18. Thus rendering the child 'illegitimate'.
Have they thought this through or does none of it matter any more?

D

Deleted member 4439

I know this is just one of many cases, and I don't give a stuff whether he has autism, mental depression or PTSD, or whether he did or did not commit his crimes; but what civilised country seeks to deport someone who has been brought up in this country from such young age? Disgraceful.

hill83

This will negate the 'child born out of wedlock' slur forever won't it?
Age of consent is 16 so if a girl legally has sex, aged 16/17, and conceives, she cannot marry until 18. Thus rendering the child 'illegitimate'.
Have they thought this through or does none of it matter any more?

Doesn’t matter anymore. My mum had me at 16 and ‘out of wedlock’ and I’ve never even thought about it until now and it’s never been mentioned. My own son came to mine and his mums wedding. In fact I’m the only person to get married the whole mums side of the family thinking about it. And I’m getting divorced this year so that went well.

Some communities it does though. I’ve been to a wedding where the bride had to hide that she was 3 months pregnant. Bigger issue for me was waiting for 3 hours for her to turn up and there was no bar.

chiefdave

I know this is just one of many cases, and I don't give a stuff whether he has autism, mental depression or PTSD, or whether he did or did not commit his crimes; but what civilised country seeks to deport someone who has been brought up in this country from such young age? Disgraceful.

There's got to be more to it surely? 5 years inside for pinching your mates phone doesn't seem likely given you struggle to even get a crime ref number for a stolen phone let alone have it investigated and someone charged.
Osime Brown was jailed for stealing a friend’s mobile phone, a crime that he and others say he did not commit. He was sentenced to five years for robbery, attempted robbery and perverting the course of justice.

D

Deleted member 4439

There's got to be more to it surely? 5 years inside for pinching your mates phone doesn't seem likely given you struggle to even get a crime ref number for a stolen phone let alone have it investigated and someone charged.

As I said I don't care how his supporters have dressed this up, as they would. It's not the point.

D

Deleted member 4439

GRN+1

It would seem that the effect of Cummings and sausages has given the greens a small fillip.

Labour remain irrelevant.

shmmeee

GRN+1

It would seem that the effect of Cummings and sausages has given the greens a small fillip.

Labour remain irrelevant.

Probably not irrelevant to the 1 in 3 people wanting to vote for them. Though sure, nothing like the mighty Greens

shmmeee

Clearly I’ve got the wrong group of lads as mates. None of them are related to the Queen or randomly speak Latin.

D

Deleted member 4439

Clearly I’ve got the wrong group of lads as mates. None of them are related to the Queen or randomly speak Latin.

Ah, te videre, et de labore tyicical susceptor patitur lugentis et circulo viribus curandi. Sed Boris est vir bonus es juris vetus.

Users who are viewing this thread