Do you want to discuss boring politics? (21 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Lee Anderson has resigned. Tough times

All this goes to show (again) is that Sunak was never going to placate the right of the party. Said a few times before he’d have been better off being his own man, clearing the shit out and then being in a better place to distance himself from stuff that’s happened over recent years. No chance now though

NorthernWisdom

Lee Anderson has resigned. Tough times

All this goes to show (again) is that Sunak was never going to placate the right of the party. Said a few times before he’d have been better off being his own man, clearing the shit out and then being in a better place to distance himself from stuff that’s happened over recent years. No chance now though
He was just best buddies with him in a video yesterday!

Grendel

The Post Office saga will finish the Tories there are ex-ministers and current ones up to the grubby necks in it including our PM.
And Mr Banks and other victims ain’t letting go.

Most of the prosecutions and cover ups were under the Blair years

David O'Day

Do you have proof of that?
Most of the major political cover ups started sometime after 2009 when Computer Weekly first reported that their were major bugs with the software.

There would of been issues under the blair years but the real Post Office attempts to cover up and pass blame happened from around 2010 onwards once the story started to get out. Most of the issues before that were the software suppliers lying about the unfixed issues with the software.

Grendel

Do you have proof of that?

The prosecutions stated in 1999 - the system was under a labour government and the cover up scripts at call centres were led by Mandleson and co

Grendel

Private Eye campaigned from 1999 regarding this scandal

David O'Day

If anyone wants the none fantasy version of Peter Mandelson's involvement you just need to google the "mulgan note"

It relates to a review in 1998 before the system was in place and related to a later dropped benefit payment function that wasn't in the rolled out software.

Mandelson was by December 1998 no longer the minister responsible for Royal Mail and in 1999 when the system went live he was SoS for Northern Ireland

Grendel

If anyone wants the none fantasy version of Peter Mandelson's involvement you just need to google the "mulgan note"

It relates to a review in 1998 before the system was in place and related to a later dropped benefit payment function that wasn't in the rolled out software.

Mandelson was by December 1998 no longer the minister responsible for Royal Mail and in 1999 when the system went live he was SoS for Northern Ireland

I asked when was the first prosecution? Also did Harriet Harman not raise concerns in 1998 regarding documentation issues regarding the software? I think Private Eye exposed the scandal in 2000?

Grendel

When also was the peak of criminal prosecutions?

David O'Day

I asked when was the first prosecution? Also did Harriet Harman not raise concerns in 1998 regarding documentation issues regarding the software? I think Private Eye exposed the scandal in 2000?
i was talking about you claiming Mandelson was scripting call centre replies but Harriet Harman said in 1998 that it may fail to achieve it objectives regarding the same benefits payment functions that Mandelson spoke about and she did this in her capacity as SoS for DWP. Once again these functions were not in the rolled out verison

the first press report was in 2009 in Computer Weekly by Rebecca Thomson

Grendel

i was talking about you claiming Mandelson was scripting call centre replies but Harriet Harman said in 1998 that it may fail to achieve it objectives regarding the same benefits payment functions that Mandelson spoke about and she did this in her capacity as SoS for DWP. Once again these functions were not in the rolled out verison

the first press report was in 2009 in Computer Weekly by Rebecca Thomson

My initial question was when was the first prosecution - do you need me to hold your hand and say when it was?

David O'Day

When was the first prosecution?
it would of been in the blair years but what does that actually matter? at that point in time no one outside maybe a few people at a computing company new of any issues

this is why it took 5 years of digging for CW to get enough to actually be able to break a story on it

Grendel

it would of been in the blair years but what does that actually matter? at that point in time no one outside maybe a few people at a computing company new of any issues

this is why it took 5 years of digging for CW to get enough to actually be able to break a story on it

When did Private Eye first publish the concerns?

David O'Day

When did Private Eye first publish the concerns?
you tell me as it is widely reported and accepted that first story on the subject was in 2009

Google doesn't seem to bring up anything either so please show us all where Private Eye publish claims that the system was causing issues so widespread?

David O'Day

You are trying to make it party political

I on the other hand am more than happy to praise former Tory MP and now Peer Lord Arbuthnot for his work in proving the issues existed and the supplier and the post office were covering them up.

Grendel

JAM See

Most of the prosecutions and cover ups were under the Blair years
Most of Manchester City's success was under a Tory government.

What's your point?

Going for non sequitur of the year?

Grendel

You are trying to make it party political

I on the other hand am more than happy to praise former Tory MP and now Peer Lord Arbuthnot for his work in proving the issues existed and the supplier and the post office were covering them up.

Im not at all

David O'Day

Grendel

Keir starmer

The point surely is all 3 major parties have conspired to protect themselves in this grubby scandal and ultimately to protect the grubby political institution they all represent. No party is fit for purpose anymore - it’s a revolving door of uninspiring leaders who are only interested in playing a game to flatter their own egos. Politics is dead in this country - it’s a flat line of zombie politicians

David O'Day

The point surely is all 3 major parties have conspired to protect themselves in this grubby scandal and ultimately to protect the grubby political institution they all represent. No party is fit for purpose anymore - it’s a revolving door of uninspiring leaders who are only interested in playing a game to flatter their own egos. Politics is dead in this country - it’s a flat line of zombie politicians
Are you going to acknowledge that the CPS only dealt with 3 cases during Starmers time as DPP?

Brighton Sky Blue

Well I agree with you, yet not long ago you seemed happy that we had this Americanised, popularity contest form of politics

Grendel

Are you going to acknowledge that the CPS only dealt with 3 cases during Starmers time as DPP?

I asked a question David. The fact is you back a man who makes U turn after U turn - who now will arm the Saudis, who will toady to the US - who stands for absolutely nothing or represent anybody

David O'Day

I asked a question David. The fact is you back a man who makes U turn after U turn - who now will arm the Saudis, who will toady to the US - who stands for absolutely nothing or represent anybody
Can you try not to answer with a nonsense word salad next time?

Why did you bring up Kier Starmer when it is the post office who acted as the prosecutor and not the CPS? It seems strange if you are as you say not trying to make a party political point.

Users who are viewing this thread