Do you want to discuss boring politics? (15 Viewers)

Philosorapter

I've alluded to it once on here already which may explain what is currently happening with Labour.

A lot of former and current Labour supporters are waiting for the report to be released.

To give more information.

Last edited:

Evo1883

It is kind of ironic that well educated university middle class types on this forum can't see why people don't like Labour anymore .

Ironic indeed

skybluetony176

It is kind of ironic that well educated university middle class types on this forum can't see why people don't like Labour anymore .

Ironic indeed
The question is why you like the Tories not why don’t you like Labour. I’m not middle class university educated but I still understand what the actual question is.

Ian1779

But Labour makes a mistake if it thinks all this is about nostalgia and looking backwards. It is also about the present. People on the ground, far from the elite and academic discussions in the capital, want the basic things done right. They want job security themselves – not zero hours contracts – and for their children and grandchildren to have a bright future. They want an NHS that works and doesn’t leave them waiting months for an operation or weeks for an appointment with their GP. They want investment in infrastructure, and in basic transport such as cleaner and greener buses. Most of all, they want to be listened to. I despaired when our local council ignored a 15,000-strong petition for a new flyover. On occasion, that we-know-best attitude can be found on a local level, too.

This is literally the basis of what the previous leadership was about - sadly the current leadership did not bother at any point to talk about these things.

It’sabatch87

Listen I'm the thick one , but I work with the very people Labour have lost , in what you would call "the dead end jobs " people talk about politics and il tell you for the final time .... people really do not like Labour, some people that always voted Labour genuinely hate them .

Something has got to change otherwise they are never getting back in power
This☝️

fernandopartridge

Ironic indeed

What do they think Labour is about if not a party with a large suit of social democrat policies? What period did they support labour in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

Yes we've had general consensus on

People don't really care about policies or manifesto commitments
Labour don't 'seem like they like' working people, the Tories do
The way a politician comes across matters more than their record or ideology

So it just boils down to a personality contest so the party offering policies people want is getting trounced by one that takes police off the streets, gives tax breaks and contracts to its mates and that let 130,000 people die in the pandemic. Oh, and that is letting people go bankrupt over flammable cladding that should never have been permitted in the first place.

I'm happy to get called angry for being angry that things like this are happening and people seem to be rejoicing at it because of culture war bullshit
Hey don't you dare forget the abortion that was Windrush.

I guess they were a bit luckier today that they managed to put that tower block fire out in orderly time and fashion.

It will be something unconsidered that comes along and should do for them. But it won't.

D

Deleted member 4439

Just answer the question and we'll be done. It's that simple.

Once again you've resorted to 'but Labour'.

Let's try one last time.

Without mentioning the word Labour, what is so appealing about the Tories?

Mate, this is simply mental. Just leave it, and say that we agree to disagree (we say it has been answered, you say it hasn't).

clint van damme

Khalid knows , Labour needs more khalids

I agree with what he says apart from one paragraph, I can't understand why people think the tories are more likely to deliver this than Labour:

' They want an NHS that works and doesn’t leave them waiting months for an operation or weeks for an appointment with their GP. They want investment in infrastructure, and in basic transport such as cleaner and greener buses '

it's madness to think the NHS is safer in tory hands.

Evo1883

I agree with what he says apart from one paragraph, I can't understand why people think the tories are more likely to deliver this than Labour:

' They want an NHS that works and doesn’t leave them waiting months for an operation or weeks for an appointment with their GP. They want investment in infrastructure, and in basic transport such as cleaner and greener buses '

I agree , although il be honest ..I phone in the morning and get an appointment that day at our doctors

D

Deleted member 4439

Tories ran it into the ground in the early eighties, then put some money into in the 90s. Blair let it slide or stagnate over his first term and into his second, the latest Tories have put in a shit load over their first two terms but started to let it slide before covid. So it's simply not that simple.

wingy

Health delivery has changed beyond recognition from seventies eighties onwards.
Local oversight done by regional /watchdog committee /quango went.
Mamagement tiers increased.
over powerful ceo's riding roughshod over whistle blowers, covering tracks/hushing poor outcomes from surgery by inadequate surgeons, midwifery scandals covered up. Mental health. etc.

David O'Day

Strangely I thought it would be worse than this.

Anyway in Cov South Corbyn was mentioned far more on the doorstep than KS.

Don't believe every "leak"

D

Deleted member 4439

Health delivery has changed beyond recognition from seventies eighties onwards.
Local oversight done by regional /watchdog committee /quango went.
Mamagement tiers increased.
over powerful ceo's riding roughshod over whistle blowers, covering tracks/hushing poor outcomes from surgery by inadequate surgeons, midwifery scandals covered up etc.

Way off tangent but a group of us submitted a 50 page whistleblowing document to my department this week, over the ineptitude and/or corruption of the Director, with the outcome of many millions of public monies wasted. I totally expect it to be swept under the carpet as well.

David O'Day

Tories only up 1 in cov has actually shocked me, I thought we'd loose a lot of seats in The South and North West given the marginal wins we had in 2019 but it looks like we are actually stronger in Cov than we were in 2019.

Keeping the doncaster mayor is a shocker, thought that as a goner

Evo1883

What do people think of Andy Burnham?
Would you rather somebody like Andy be Labour leader ?

clint van damme

I agree , although il be honest ..I phone in the morning and get an appointment that day at our doctors

Hes only going to pre

He would have been my choice to succeed Corbyn. I honestly believe he's the closest there is to a unifying figure in the party .

Ian1779

I’d go for it to be honest, but would forcing Starmer out right now be useful? Unless he goes completely entrenched of course.

D

Deleted member 4439

Always been Andy Burnham for me, but I suspect he's comfortable and in his element in his current role.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hey don't you dare forget the abortion that was Windrush.

I guess they were a bit luckier today that they managed to put that tower block fire out in orderly time and fashion.

It will be something unconsidered that comes along and should do for them. But it won't.

I would like to know what people find so personable and endearing about:

Gove
Hancock
Williamson
Raab
Jenrick
Patel
Schapps

Besides Johnson these are the people you see on TV the most, conducting conferences and so on. They all come across as either incoherent or clearly rehearsed and most on here even among Tories find them pretty odious. So what turns people on about them?

Evo1883

I’d go for it to be honest, but would forcing Starmer out right now be useful? Unless he goes completely entrenched of course.
He's a dead man walking ...
It may appear he's even less liked than Jeremy to many

stupot07

And what does it say? That the pay rise doesn’t matter as it’s not Labour so it’s ok?? Ffs
I must say I didnt read the thread, and could only see the 2019 tweet.

I take it back, every I know who works in the NHS hate Matt Hancock and the tories, and feel let down by the government. God knows who they polled.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4439

I would like to know what people find so personable and endearing about:

Gove
Hancock
Williamson
Raab
Jenrick
Patel
Schapps

Besides Johnson these are the people you see on TV the most, conducting conferences and so on. They all come across as either incoherent or clearly rehearsed and most on here even among Tories find them pretty odious. So what turns people on about them?

They're not Labour.

Users who are viewing this thread