Do you want to discuss boring politics? (29 Viewers)

PVA

There are literally thousands of posts on twitter right now telling people if they vote conservatives then they are racist...idiots...thick....hate poor people... hate this hate that etc etc...same every election

Now I don't vote tory , but I'm not about to tell people that their vote means they are a wanker

And the same happens in reverse on Facebook. I don't know why you keep ignoring this point.

Evo1883

It is a shit hole.

Rampant corruption in government while food Bank usage sky rockets.

If you think that's ok then good for you.

When I look at shit holes in Britain, I don't think ..." corruption in government caused this " or " its because people use food banks why this area is a shit hole "

Grendel

And the same happens in reverse on Facebook. I don't know why you keep ignoring this point.

ok Where is your evidence

Evo1883

My original point was about the scale of it ... that point is still my point and it's pretty accurate

Brighton Sky Blue

There are so many fallacies really

- only old vote tory

Labour wins with the under 50s do they not, Tories win over 50s. Of course there will be some young Tories and some older Labour voters but generally that's pretty consistent.

Ian1779

There are literally thousands of posts on twitter right now telling people if they vote conservatives then they are racist...idiots...thick....hate poor people... hate this hate that etc etc...same every election

Now I don't vote tory , but I'm not about to tell people that their vote means they are a wanker
There are plenty on Twitter banging on about how wanting to stop systemic racism for example is ‘wokery’ and the same stuff is happening on Facebook too.

Evo1883

Labour wins with the under 50s do they not, Tories win over 50s. Of course there will be some young Tories and some older Labour voters but generally that's pretty consistent.

And it's been pretty consistent for decades so will probably still be consistent for decades to come

Many of todays 20 year olds will slowly shift to the right

Grendel

Tories win at 39 and over and the demographic hasn’t changed which suggests when you reach that age your allegiance switches

Evo1883

There are plenty on Twitter banging on about how wanting to stop systemic racism for example is ‘wokery’ and the same stuff is happening on Facebook too.

The scale at which this is happening though , which was my original point ... is far more prominent with the younger left

Skybluefaz

Well if you provide any evidence I’d look at it - if you can’t well...

I mean it's a 5 second Google but. For the record, I believe it's not necessarily an intelligence/common sense thing. Just a by product of not growing up with technology.

Grendel

Where was his? It’s all relative to the user network you find yourself in surely??

Well I have shown links to prove he’s talking nonsense

PVA

Well I have shown links to prove he’s talking nonsense

You've completely ignored the link I posted which showed you're talking shit. Again.

Skybluefaz has just posted another.

Not doing very well on your facts and fallacies today are you.

Grendel

I mean it's a 5 second Google but. For the record, I believe it's not necessarily an intelligence/common sense thing. Just a by product of not growing up with technology.

That’s the US and actually it debunks the truth as hardly anyone does - the link says hardly anyone does

Evo1883

Doesn't matter to me ..

Some people seem completely unable to accept the problems that are causing Labour to keep losing their core voters

And that's a trend that goes from the normal people like me and you right the way up to the people at the very top.

Not arsed, but don't expect Change anytime soon

Brighton Sky Blue

Tories win at 39 and over and the demographic hasn’t changed which suggests when you reach that age your allegiance switches

My point is if you held the election with just those 18-50, Labour wins. 50+ and the Tories win and that age group turns out more to vote so they will tend to win unless there is a surge in youth turnout. We'll see where I am in 9 years I suppose.

PVA

Well not really because those 2 issues don't determine whether a country is a shit hole.

And that's why we are where we are, with the government stealing taxpayers money in front of our eyes and no one gives a shit.

Brighton Sky Blue

Doesn't matter to me ..

Some people seem completely unable to accept the problems that are causing Labour to keep losing their core voters

And that's a trend that goes from the normal people like me and you right the way up to the people at the very top.

Not arsed, but don't expect Change anytime soon

From where I'm standing Evo it doesn't matter what they do, there's always some reason people find not to vote for them. Whereas no matter what the Conservatives do they'll get elected. Labour seem disliked whether they've got a genuine left winger as leader, an Oxbridge graduate, or a former lawyer with a knighthood. Or whether they push for left wing economic policies or more centrist ones, more left wing social platforms or more centrist ones, none of it seems to matter.

So what are they meant to do? Genuine question.

Evo1883

Can't just be me and my circle, but when I speak to people at work, people on my street etc ..

People just do not like Labour anymore , always saying things like .

I always voted Labour, not anymore ...etc etc .

Mind you , certain parts of Coventry are now genuine SHIT HOLES and that's on Labour...so I can see partly why they feel the way they do

mrtrench

And it's been pretty consistent for decades so will probably still be consistent for decades to come

Many of todays 20 year olds will slowly shift to the right

This may not be true this time... I think it may move to be later in life. Young people aren't getting married and having kids in their early 20s any more. Many are still living with their parents and playing computer games long after you and I were independent with responsibilities. I think that might change the dynamic.

Evo1883

From where I'm standing Evo it doesn't matter what they do, there's always some reason people find not to vote for them. Whereas no matter what the Conservatives do they'll get elected. Labour seem disliked whether they've got a genuine left winger as leader, an Oxbridge graduate, or a former lawyer with a knighthood. Or whether they push for left wing economic policies or more centrist ones, more left wing social platforms or more centrist ones, none of it seems to matter.

So what are they meant to do? Genuine question.

maybe Britain really is just a centre right country and that's that

Grendel

Anyway I hope Mr Starmer loses Hartlepool and he goes

I’m then campaigning the senile fools on Facebook to vote for PVA and have The Tonester as his deputy and Dreamer as communications strategist

That will definitely achieve exactly where I want the Labour Party to be

Grendel

PVA

Can't just be me and my circle, but when I speak to people at work, people on my street etc ..

Mind you , certain parts of Coventry are now genuine SHIT HOLES and that's on Labour...so I can see partly why they feel the way they do

We're going over old ground here but it STILL hasn't been answered.

Not voting wanting to vote for Labour is fine.

But STILL nobody can answer what's then so appealing about voting Tory.

Ian1779

But that’s a completely different argument to the national picture. Labour have served the area at both national MP and local council area for many years, so if there is dis-satisfaction you can see why it would manifest itself that way.

The biggest con the Tories managed in the Red-Wall seats was convincing normal people that the failure to invest in their areas and regions was the fault of the oppostion MP’s that represented them and not the incumbent government that actually made all the decisions.

PVA

Anyway I hope Mr Starmer loses Hartlepool and he goes

I’m then campaigning the senile fools on Facebook to vote for PVA and have The Tonester as his deputy and Dreamer as communications strategist

That will definitely achieve exactly where I want the Labour Party to be

Still ignoring my post that proved you wrong I see.

Though you are one of the senile old fools you're referring to I suppose.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well who are they polling because the centre right party keeps winning over here

These are polls of the general public from the 2019 election. As I keep saying to you, on policy preferences the public is not centre right.

1619868252460.png
Then you look at polls on perceptions of the parties

1619868366916.png

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

Still ignoring my post that proved you wrong I see.

Though you are one of the senile old fools you're referring to I suppose.

Er which post was that? Ironic as you’ve scuttled round every point I’ve made

Users who are viewing this thread