Do you want to discuss boring politics? (19 Viewers)

Grendel

You can’t go on about Cummings being a reflection of how bad it is and then defend Johnson, it’s nonsense.
Imagine your response if Corbyn had overseen the highest amount of Covid deaths in Europe.

10 countries in Europe have worse deaths per one hundred thousand than the U.K. should those leaders be in the dock as well

I’ve actually always scoffed at nonsense like dragging Blair to The Hague for war crimes - it’s pathetic and I’d say the same regarding Corbyn

Brighton Sky Blue

10 countries in Europe have worse deaths per one hundred thousand than the U.K. should those leaders be in the dock as well

I’ve actually always scoffed at nonsense like dragging Blair to The Hague for war crimes - it’s pathetic and I’d say the same regarding Corbyn

He said he takes full responsibility for everything-which should include then the brazen corruption which on its own should see people locked up

Grendel

He's mistaking the of party leader and the role of the PM

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No the Pm role clearly is more CEO than MD - you only have to look at recent history - the two who took the role as more earnestly - Brown and May - were badly received in the public at election time

Grendel

He said he takes full responsibility for everything-which should include then the brazen corruption which on its own should see people locked up

Yawn - he’s not going to be locked up. Should the EU leaders be locked up for their shambolic vaccine strategy and incompetent procurement process? People on here at the time were slaughtering this government for not joining that and going it alone.

That went well

Brighton Sky Blue

No the Pm role clearly is more CEO than MD - you only have to look at recent history - the two who took the role as more earnestly - Brown and May - were badly received in the public at election time

I didn’t realise we now have a ceremonial PM as well as a ceremonial monarch

Grendel

I didn’t realise we now have a ceremonial PM as well as a ceremonial monarch

We get the PM the public want - as well as the constitution- you really need to understand that

Brighton Sky Blue

Yawn - he’s not going to be locked up. Should the EU leaders be locked up for their shambolic vaccine strategy and incompetent procurement process? People on here at the time were slaughtering this government for not joining that and going it alone.

That went well

People aren’t oblivious to the reality they’re just frustrated by it. Wales looks more appealing by the minute, never thought I’d say that

Grendel

People aren’t oblivious to the reality they’re just frustrated by it. Wales looks more appealing by the minute, never thought I’d say that
Im sure as an independent country it would really be appealing

Grendel

Yes because we are morphing into a tribute act to the USA where they really do elect a person to lead rather than a government. Turning elections into personality contests is the whole problem

I don’t see it as a problem and it’s been that way for 50 years

Brighton Sky Blue

Im sure as an independent country it would really be appealing

They rewarded Drakeford for doing his job properly despite him having zero charisma or personal charm. The UK is on borrowed time as a state anyway, it’ll probably be in 4 separate states in my lifetime

Grendel

They rewarded Drakeford for doing his job properly despite him having zero charisma or personal charm. The UK is on borrowed time as a state anyway, it’ll probably be in 4 separate states in my lifetime

more rubbish

Brighton Sky Blue

more rubbish

It isn’t though.

Northern Ireland has been properly shat on by Brexit and the DUP look like they will be out at the next set of elections. Support for a united Ireland there is the highest it’s ever been-only a few decades away.

Scotland will keep electing SNP governments because the unionist vote is split. When one of these two take the plunge the other would follow soon after. Really then what is keeping Wales attached to the permanent Tory rump that is England?

Hopefully it happens while still in my working life

Grendel

It isn’t though.

Northern Ireland has been properly shat on by Brexit and the DUP look like they will be out at the next set of elections. Support for a united Ireland there is the highest it’s ever been-only a few decades away.

Scotland will keep electing SNP governments because the unionist vote is split. When one of these two take the plunge the other would follow soon after. Really then what is keeping Wales attached to the permanent Tory rump that is England?

Hopefully it happens while still in my working life

It is rubbish. Wales don’t want independence that’s why they don’t oddly vote for the independent choice

Not all SNP voters vote for independence and when the economic scrutiny during a campaign in Scotland starts again sturgeon and her mob will flounder

Brighton Sky Blue

It is rubbish. Wales don’t want independence that’s why they don’t oddly vote for the independent choice

Not all SNP voters vote for independence and when the economic scrutiny during a campaign in Scotland starts again sturgeon and her mob will flounder
They don’t vote for it now. In a scenario where it’s just them and England left? I never knew a single SNP supporter who was opposed to independence

PVA

'Empty rhetoric'

Good grief.

I wonder what Grendel thinks will happen to him if he doesn't defend our Dear Leader.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That went well

No more than the head of a business that has flagrantly flouted H&S laws and cut corners resulting in workers being injured or becoming ill. It's called accountability. Maybe locking up is a bit far, but compensation for those involved (with culpability) , removal from office and never being allowed to hold such a position of authority again.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We get the PM the public want - as well as the constitution- you really need to understand that

Well if that's the case isn't it about time we separated the personality of voting for a PM from the policy involved in governing? If it's just a popularity contest why both with any policy at all.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

When the economic scrutiny was done for Brexit it was shown to be a shitshow. Remind me how that vote went?

Grendel

Well if that's the case isn't it about time we separated the personality of voting for a PM from the policy involved in governing? If it's just a popularity contest why both with any policy at all.

The public decide

Grendel

When the economic scrutiny was done for Brexit it was shown to be a shitshow. Remind me how that vote went?

It wasn’t despite the lies of immediate economic earthquake the day after the vote was announced - also as Sturgeon was so opposed to Brexit her problem if she then applies the same argument to leaving the union

We should allow it but not on timings just to suit her and make the country aware what terms they will go on - WTO and immediate currency withdrawal

Grendel

I also see we've had a hasty press release that we're going to build a new naval vessel. Something to make sure the flag wavers are happy. HMS Deflection.

Deflect from what?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It wasn’t despite the lies of immediate economic earthquake the day after the vote was announced - also as Sturgeon was so opposed to Brexit her problem if she then applies the same argument to leaving the union

We should allow it but not on timings just to suit her and make the country aware what terms they will go on - WTO and immediate currency withdrawal

So the total opposite of Brexit then?

Grendel

So the total opposite of Brexit then?

In terms of Brexit both parties needed to negotiate as the impact on the Eu budget was substantial

In this case we don’t need to. Tell Scotland it’s pound gone and WTO on day one and immediate fund withdrawal

Watch Krankie squirm

wingy

No one cares about Cummings who back him anyway
Polling suggests it's stuck for this week anyway.

Most of the points he made were referenced/questioned in this thread or the other one , about Foreign office , mendacious Matt ,Shapps transport dept advice etc , slow off the mark, disregard for the scientific advice for the circuit breaker where five weeks elapsed before the tiered preference of the PM left London in tier 2 while most of the country was in 3, notwithstanding the failure to react to the situation in India adequately now risking vaccine efficacy, opening up,.
The loopholes in international travel and failed quarantine procedures.

PVA

As for other countries in Europe, or anywhere in the world for that matter, having a higher deaths per population figure - how many of them have the benefit of being an island?

An incredible advantage that we absolutely fucked. If you did a league table of island nations only it does not reflect well on the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread