Do you think we will learn after this is all over? (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

I think initially they'll be some bargains to be had.
Especially in countries trying to rebuild the tourist trade.
I think you're right a lot of people will stay here but the UK tourist trade really take the piss when there's high demand
There be plenty of bargains for holidays in Italy this summer, some of the prices are ridiculously low at the moment.
I have been getting a lot of emails from travel companies trying to get me to book holidays for summer 2021, so I think they might actually have already written this year off.

Travs

I've been planning a trip to Switzerland in the autumn.... And possibly an Italy trip too... Thought about booking now due to the liklihood of great deals, but I still think its a little risky, and I'll most likely wait until travel restrictions are lifted before I commit to booking...

Gazolba

That's America, the home of industrial farming. There are two thriving butchers in the town I live, I don't buy supermarket meat.

Out of curiosity I just Googled, "Butchers in Phoenix".
There are actually eleven Burchers or Meat Shops in my area.
Here's one: The Meat Shop
I don't eat meat though so it's a non-issue for me.

Last edited:

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Or could just live with the idea of a deficit for a while longer. No point extracting money out of the economy as it is counter productive. I'd close so of the loopholes and I think the world should coordinate in extracting tax from Amazon and the like.
Not sure that will reverse the £2.4bn per day loss in the economy we are currently seeing plus the £10bn+ per month for furloughing.

OffenhamSkyBlue

As if turning your arsehole inside out with norovirus isn't enough to contend with, now there's this. Be the Black Death next year, you mark my words!!

Covstu

9 months later... What do we think?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
I think we haven’t learnt a fucking thing! People aren’t bothered about it now and would rather go shopping or pub rather than stay safe. we started the lockdown period in defiant spirit clapping the NHS etc, this quickly disappeared when we ran out of bogroll and now it’s like there isn’t a tier 3 or 4 because there is no respect out there at the moment . I find this disconcerting as a healthy person nevermind someone who is ill and/or old.

i think businesses will make small changes to work lifestyles but revert back to type with offices and commuting etc. We still have a massive opportunity to change for the better but we won’t take it

Ian1779

We might all be a bit better at personal hygiene... but I think that’s gonna be it.

Flying Fokker

Not much...My sister came round this evening. She's not got this thing about Tier 4 sorted yet and Woife is livid.

I deleted a 400-word explanation of why I think not. Apathy made me delete it!

OffenhamSkyBlue

I think we used to be good (in April to June) at respecting each other's personal space (otherwise known as Social Distancing) and being polite to each other (waiting for people to pass in a supermarket aisle, for example). That was until some clown in government decided to ignore the advice and evidence provided by its own scientific advisory group and mandate face coverings. Now everyone thinks they are the panacea for the virus when they ain't - if people went back to reduced occupancy levels and keeping 2m+ apart, we'd see rates fall quite rapidly.

Users who are viewing this thread